Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting KSH problem - how do i redirect three times? Post 302242182 by Arunprasad on Wednesday 1st of October 2008 10:23:18 AM
Old 10-01-2008
hi mjays,

-s could not be the indication of the error.
but the err file will be created while execution of that part of code wright?

err 0 bytes of size.
when the ls faces any errors that will be updated in err file.
so the size will increase

so with -s option we come to know some error is there or not!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect Problem

I am using the time command in a script however the output of the time command will display on my screen but not my output file. Any Ideas on how to fix this? > cat test.sh ############################# #!/usr/bin/sh for COMMAND in pwd do time ${COMMAND} done | sed "s/^/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect within ksh

I am using ksh on an AIX box. I would like to redirect the stdout and stderr to a file but also show them on the terminal. Is this possible? I have tried tee within my file without success. This is the code I have so far exec > imp.log 2>&1 | tee exec 1>&1 I am new to shell scripting, so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: podzach
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh riddle: interpret variable two times?

exam is a ksh script. In command line I enter: exam 3 param_2 param_3 param_4. In exam how can I get the value of the parameter which position is specified by the first argument. Simply doing this DOES NOT work: offset=$1 value=$$offset can you figure out any possible way to interpret a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: i27oak
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Cron redirect problem

Hello all, I have a script that I am trying to execute and redirect the output to a file, but I have trouble in redirection. The cron job is running properly as I see it in the mail. This is what I am doing In crontab file, 0 4 * * * somescript.sh > /some_location/`date '+%m%d%y_%H%M'`.log... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajp002
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - mailx - Redirect the undelivered mail

Hi, I need to create one KSH which will send mail to set of recipients using "mailx" command like below. mailx -s "Test mail" "test@yahoo.com, test@gmail.com" <$output.txt The recipients are in different domains (like yahoo, gmail, etc.). My requirement is, if any mail is undelivered,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Matrix2682
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect Problem

Hi, I have perl script which is calling an external command using "system()" with argument. But i am not able to capture the output.Even tried with backtick also with no luck. . . $number=<>; system ("cmd $number >output.txt"); (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rasingraj
2 Replies

7. Programming

Problem with implementing the times() function in C (struct tms times return zero/negative values)

Hello, i'm trying to implement the times() function and i'm programming in C. I'm using the "struct tms" structure which consists of the fields: The tms_utime structure member is the CPU time charged for the execution of user instructions of the calling process. The tms_stime structure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with << redirect - Please help!

I have a script to send an email like below. Problem is, the if ..fi block is not getting executed, and is coming as a part of the email body. Can anyone take a look at this? :confused: Log file shows this: SEND_MAIL.prog: line 64: : command not found echo "Input Parameters" echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansmaan
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print one's place for 1 to N times, ksh Perl whatever?

Hello all, I would like to create a for loop or whatever is quick that will print the one’s place of a number for 1-N times say for example a printed page formatting is 132 characters wide, I would like a single line 123456789012345678901234567890... ...012 That is 132 characters long. I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: KmJohnson
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I count how many times a specific word appear in a file (ksh)?

Hi Please can you help how do I count the number of specific characters or words that appear in a file? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies
CHECK_INT32_ADD(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					CHECK_INT32_ADD(3)

NAME
check_int32_add, check_uint32_add, check_int64_add, check_uint64_add, check_int32_sub, check_uint32_sub, check_int64_sub, check_uint64_sub, check_int32_mul, check_uint32_mul, check_int64_mul, check_uint64_mul, check_int32_div, check_uint32_div, check_int64_div, check_uint64_div, -- detect overflow in arithmetic SYNOPSIS
#include <checkint.h> int32_t check_int32_add(int x, int y, int *err); uint32_t check_uint32_add(int x, int y, int *err); int64_t check_int64_add(int x, int y, int *err); uint64_t check_uint64_add(int x, int y, int *err); int32_t check_int32_sub(int x, int y, int *err); uint32_t check_uint32_sub(int x, int y, int *err); int64_t check_int64_sub(int x, int y, int *err); uint64_t check_uint64_sub(int x, int y, int *err); int32_t check_int32_mul(int x, int y, int *err); uint32_t check_uint32_mul(int x, int y, int *err); int64_t check_int64_mul(int x, int y, int *err); uint64_t check_uint64_mul(int x, int y, int *err); int32_t check_int32_div(int x, int y, int *err); uint32_t check_uint32_div(int x, int y, int *err); int64_t check_int64_div(int x, int y, int *err); uint64_t check_uint64_div(int x, int y, int *err); DESCRIPTION
The check_<type>_<operation>(x, y, err) family of functions perform the specified arithmetic operation (addition, subtraction, multiplica- tion, or division) with the left operand of x and right operand of y and return the arithmetic result with the specified type. Either operand x or y (or both) can be of any type that is compatible to signed or unsigned 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit, or 64-bit integers. The err argument is or'ed by flags in the function to indicate if an overflow has occurred. The possible flag values are: CHECKINT_NO_ERROR no overflow has occurred CHECKINT_OVERFLOW_ERROR overflow has occurred CHECKINT_TYPE_ERROR operand is of an incompatible type The err argument is not cleared in calls to the check_<type>_<operation>(x, y, err) functions. Detected overflow persists in the err argu- ment until err is reset to CHECKINT_NO_ERROR. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the check_<type>_<operation>() functions will return the arithmetic result of performing the operation with left operand x and right operand y (even when overflow error occurs). If any other error occurs, the return value is -1 and the argument err will be set to indicate the error. EXAMPLES
/* Create a variable to store overflow flag */ int32_t err = CHECKINT_NO_ERROR; /* Use checkint API to perform an arithmetic operation and * store result in variable. */ int32_t arithmetic_result = check_int32_add(UINT_MAX, 1, &err); /* Check status of overflow flag */ if (err & CHECKINT_OVERFLOW_ERROR) { /* Perform overflow resolution code */ fprintf(stderr, "Overflow detected! "); } /* Check for type error */ else if (err & CHECKINT_TYPE_ERROR) { /* Deal with incompatible types error */ fprintf(stderr, "Incompatible types! "); } /* Reset overflow flag for next operation */ err = CHECKINT_NO_ERROR; ERRORS
The check_<type>_<operation>() functions may fail if: [CHECKINT_TYPE_ERROR] operand is of an incompatible type HISTORY
The checkint() API was introduced in Mac OS X 10.5. BSD
April 20, 2007 BSD