Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Let my introduce myself and one doubt!!!! Post 302242117 by nua7 on Wednesday 1st of October 2008 07:45:28 AM
Old 10-01-2008
Try using the fgets function in c.

Example below:

Code:
/* Read in the filename */
  printf("Enter the name of a ascii file: ");
  fgets(fname, sizeof(fname), stdin);

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to introduce delay in the script??(urgent)

Hi all, i would like to know how to introduce a delay in the execution of a cmd? am trying to copy a file which is about 650 mb and then perform some actions on it.. however since its huge i would like to introduce a delay in exection until the process is over i dont want it to proceed to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt??

I jus want to know the meaning of the below command line(exclamation following that re-direction) sqlplus -s `cat /home/sample.txt` <<! Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nohup
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to introduce a space in a single column without distrubing the other columns

Hello Experts, I am new to this forum, I would like to do the following changes in one of the column of a txt file, which is having around 9 column. For example, column 3 is having letters like this AB11 AB12 C CA CB AC1 AC2 I would like to convert the same column as follows ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fredrick
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to introduce delay in Shell Script till a key stroke.

Hi All, How to introduce delay in the Bash/Shell Script till key stroke. Below is the requirement.. 1.Execute set of commands. 2.Display the message echo "press any key to continue" Introduce a delay till key stroke. 3.Execute next set of commands. Thanks in Advance Sunil.K (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilrk07
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Create files to introduce with ZFS

Hello, To learn ZFS, i try to create pool . and for that i want create 10 files with 512MB (because i dont have multiple disks and multiple controllers) ADMIT THAT THIS IS TEN HIGH-PERFORMANCE HARD DRIVES To get this 10 files,all of them have the same size : 512MB, I do these... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to introduce a character using sed?

I need to reformat a text using sed command like Text: 160845 Output: 16:08:45 Please help me how this can be done using sed. Thanks in adv (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siteregsam
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to introduce the missing number sequentially?

Dear Help, I have an input file which looks like below 002 1000 2000 3000 003 2000 3000 4000 005 1000 2000 6000 I would like to have an output which inserts the missing number in sequential sorting as shown below... 001 0 0 0 002 1000 2000 3000 003 2000 3000 4000 004 0 0 0 005 1000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Doubt

in my shell script requirement is to search and replace the file with variable so i use the following command sed -i "s/abc/$SCHEMA/g" table.sql later when the script runs sqlplus username/pwd@Table& this & is not letting the variable to replace the value inside the file .please let me know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhuvan1
1 Replies
UCF.CONF(5)						      Debian GNU/Linux manual						       UCF.CONF(5)

NAME
ucf.conf - site-wide configuration file for ucf SYNOPSIS
/etc/ucf.conf DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/ucf.conf is actually a Bourne Shell snippet included during the package build process, and hence you may put any shell direc- tive in that file (just make very sure you know what you are doing). All the variables have reasonable default values, and some may be overridden on a per run or a per individual basis by using environment variables, and all configurable variables can be overridden by options to the scripts themselves. The value of a variable can be set so: a) Defaults exist in the rules file. These are the values used if no customization is done. b) Some variables can be set in the config file /etc/ucf.conf. These values override the defaults. c) Some variables can also be set by setting a corresponding environment variable. These values override the config file and the defaults. d) Using script command line options. All configurable variables may be set by this method, and will override the other methods above. Configuration File options At the moment, the user modifiable variables supported are: DEBUG Debugging information: The default value is 0 (no debugging information is printed). To enable debugging output, set the value to 1. VERBOSE Verbosity: The default value is 0 (quiet). To change the default behavior, set the value to 1. conf_force_conffold Force the installed file to be retained. The default is to have this variable unset, which makes the script ask in case of doubt. This can be overridden by the environment variable UCF_FORCE_CONFFOLD conf_force_conffnew Force the installed file to be overridden. The default is to have this variable unset, which makes the script ask in case of doubt. This can be overridden by the environment variable UCF_FORCE_CONFFNEW conf_source_dir This is the directory where the historical md5sums for a file are looked for. Specifically, the historical md5sums are looked for in either the file ${filename}.md5sum, or the subdirectory ${filename}.md5sum.d/ conf_old_mdsum_file Force the historical md5sums to be read from this file, rather than defaulting to living in the source directory. Set- ting this option overrides settings in the environment variable UCF_OLD_MDSUM_FILE Files System-wide defaults are placed in /etc/ucf.conf, SEE ALSO
ucf(1), BUGS
There are no bugs. Any resemblance thereof is delirium. Really. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Debian Feb 12 2002 UCF.CONF(5)