Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell nested ifs
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell nested ifs Post 302242075 by vidyadhar85 on Wednesday 1st of October 2008 06:22:15 AM
Old 10-01-2008
your code
Code:
if [ $# = 2 && -e $file1]

try this
Code:
if [ $# -eq "2" && -e $file1 ]

space was missing after file name

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with Nested Ifs

What I thought was going to be very simple has turned out to be really lame, and so I come to you for help. mountedon=`df -k /synctest | awk 'NR == 2 {print $1}'` if then # mount /pupcl06 mountedon=`df -k /synctest | awk 'NR == 2 {print $1}'` if then mailx -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProFiction
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enviornment Variable in B shell (I call it nested variable)

#!/bin/sh APP_ROOT_MODE1=/opt/app1.0 APP_ROOT_MODE2=/opt/app2.0 APP_ROOT=${APP_ROOT_${APP_MODE}} # enviornment variable APP_MODE will be exported in the terminal where # we run the applciation, its value is string - MODE1 or MODE2 # My intension is: # when export APP_MODE=MODE1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: princelinux
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Integer with nested foreach

I am scripting in tcsh and here is what I currently have: foreach group (g1 g2 g3 g4) set ppl = `cat $group.file.with.list.of.ppl.in.row.format` set label = 1 @ label += 1 foreach ppls ($ppl) echo $label >> file end end ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonesy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested SQL queries within Shell script

Hi, Would someone know if I can fire nested sql queries in a shell script? Basically what I am trying to do is as follows: my_sql=$(sqlplus -s /nolog<<EOF|sed -e "s/Connected. *//g" connect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use nested ifs in unix?

how to use nested ifs in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pratima.kumari
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

nested logical expression in bash shell

Please tell me how to nest logical expressions in bash. I would like to nest logical expressions for arguments of the "test" command on bash. The following pseudo-code shows my intention. // pseudo code if (exp1 AND (exp2 OR exp3)) { Output true; } else { Output false; } ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: LessNux
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested ifs

hi I keep getting an error with this nested if statement and am getting the error unexpected end of file, can anyone help me as to why this wont execute? #!/bin/bash #script to check wether the -i -v statements run correctly removeFile () { mv $1 $HOME/deleted }... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: somersetdan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell command need to parse multiple nested tag value of a XML file

I have this XML file - <gp> <mms>1110012</mms> <tg>988</tg> <mm>LongTime</mm> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Desti = Motion</lkid> <kk>12</kk> </lv> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Source = Velocity</lkid> <kk>2</kk> </lv> <lv> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedASolution
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Alternative solution to nested loops in shell programming

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hi, The problem statement is: I am trying to read line by line from a flat file by using a while loop. The... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandeep Pattnai
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

The Shell lost the inverted comma in a nested ssh command

Hi, i want use this Comand for my psql request sh ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no rootatemailaddress.de sudo psql -U postgres -c "select pg_terminate_backend(pid) from pg_stat_activity where datnam=\'$DB\';"'" but the shell lost the inverted comma for datnam=\'$DB\'. The request deliver... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterpane007
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)