Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Data Recovery from file system overwritten with LVM. Post 302242074 by mike221 on Wednesday 1st of October 2008 06:22:06 AM
Old 10-01-2008
Yes i have been used lots of Linux recovery software but Stellar Phoenix Linux data recovery software helps me in a better way to recover data and file from Linux OS. You can also download this from here: Linux Data Recovery software recovers lost data from Ext2, Ext3 and Reiser FS file systems of Linux operating system.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Overwritten /dev/root -recovery of SCO OpenServer 5.0.4

Due to my own stupidity I managed to overwrite my /dev/root device using dd (don't ask). Current state is - Have current backup created using cpio (command used was 'find . -mount -depth -print|cpio -ocB > $TAPE') - Once I realised what was happening powered off the server but this was too... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ok2
2 Replies

2. AIX

System recovery

Hi everyone I'm green AIX user or rather beginner (light green). Unfortunately I have to restore my system + data from scratch (things happen) and make it up and running. I've never done it before. Can someone of you provide me with link/procedure/instruction how to do it? Now I know only:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fraydey
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

LVM restore / recovery

Hello, I would really appreciate help on recovering some data. I have a RAID1 array under /dev/md0 composed of devices /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc. I had lvm on the raid with 3 lv, the last of which was a snapshot partition. My / is on /dev/sda. Recently, I reinstalled the system (Debian lenny)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zburatorul
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fsck.gfs2 outputs "RG recovery impossible; I can't fix this file system"

I have a CentOS release 5.2 (Final)host running kernel 2.6.18-92.el5 with at raid 10 that had two mirrored drives fail. The drives were re-inserted and now the raid shows healthy (for now). I tried to mount but got an Input/output error. I then attempted a fsck: fsck.gfs2 -y /dev/vg_01/uss_vol... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: king_hippo
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

file is getting overwritten

Hello All, I am writing a bash script on Solaris O/S. I looping through an array. For each iteration, i connect to the datatabase and use select statement. Output of which is redirected to .CSV file. here is the code for it. output="loop.csv" elements=${#currency_pair} ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arundhati_s
3 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

LVM recovery, Hard disk broken

Hi I am new on your forum, because I need some help. I have a server with debian and proxmox 2. The HardDisk is broken. I am in rescue mode, and I can't mount LVM partition to recover my backups. What I've already done : # fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 2000.4 GB, 2000398934016 bytes 255... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pppplu
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to shrink root file system (LVM) in Linux Fedora 9?

My root file system is of type LVM. i wanna shrink it but unable to do so. When i give the below command: resize2fs /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-VolLog00 10000M it messages that online shrink can't can't be done as the logical volume is mounted on /. i switched to single user mode by giving command:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
2 Replies

8. Linux

LVM VG recovery

Hi all, I been trying to recover a volume group of single PV. vgcfgrestore output # vgcfgrestore vgoraData Couldn't find device with uuid 'a3onP5-RdbR-fdgq-sDkS-ZtFs-83Q5-kFJj43'. Cannot restore Volume Group vgoraData with 1 PVs marked as missing. Restore failed. fdisk output ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
1 Replies
PVCK(8)                                                       System Manager's Manual                                                      PVCK(8)

NAME
pvck - check physical volume metadata SYNOPSIS
pvck [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-v|--verbose] [--labelsector] PhysicalVolume [PhysicalVolume...] DESCRIPTION
pvck checks physical volume LVM metadata for consistency. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. --labelsector sector By default, 4 sectors of PhysicalVolume are scanned for an LVM label, starting at sector 0. This parameter allows you to specify a different starting sector for the scan and is useful for recovery situations. For example, suppose the partition table is corrupted or lost on /dev/sda, but you suspect there was an LVM partition at approximately 100 MB. This area of the disk may be scanned by using the --labelsector parameter with a value of 204800 (100 * 1024 * 1024 / 512 = 204800): pvck --labelsector 204800 /dev/sda Note that a script can be used with --labelsector to automate the process of finding LVM labels. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvcreate(8), pvscan(8) vgck(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) PVCK(8)