Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Data Recovery from file system overwritten with LVM. Post 302242074 by mike221 on Wednesday 1st of October 2008 06:22:06 AM
Old 10-01-2008
Yes i have been used lots of Linux recovery software but Stellar Phoenix Linux data recovery software helps me in a better way to recover data and file from Linux OS. You can also download this from here: Linux Data Recovery software recovers lost data from Ext2, Ext3 and Reiser FS file systems of Linux operating system.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Overwritten /dev/root -recovery of SCO OpenServer 5.0.4

Due to my own stupidity I managed to overwrite my /dev/root device using dd (don't ask). Current state is - Have current backup created using cpio (command used was 'find . -mount -depth -print|cpio -ocB > $TAPE') - Once I realised what was happening powered off the server but this was too... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ok2
2 Replies

2. AIX

System recovery

Hi everyone I'm green AIX user or rather beginner (light green). Unfortunately I have to restore my system + data from scratch (things happen) and make it up and running. I've never done it before. Can someone of you provide me with link/procedure/instruction how to do it? Now I know only:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fraydey
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

LVM restore / recovery

Hello, I would really appreciate help on recovering some data. I have a RAID1 array under /dev/md0 composed of devices /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc. I had lvm on the raid with 3 lv, the last of which was a snapshot partition. My / is on /dev/sda. Recently, I reinstalled the system (Debian lenny)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zburatorul
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fsck.gfs2 outputs "RG recovery impossible; I can't fix this file system"

I have a CentOS release 5.2 (Final)host running kernel 2.6.18-92.el5 with at raid 10 that had two mirrored drives fail. The drives were re-inserted and now the raid shows healthy (for now). I tried to mount but got an Input/output error. I then attempted a fsck: fsck.gfs2 -y /dev/vg_01/uss_vol... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: king_hippo
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

file is getting overwritten

Hello All, I am writing a bash script on Solaris O/S. I looping through an array. For each iteration, i connect to the datatabase and use select statement. Output of which is redirected to .CSV file. here is the code for it. output="loop.csv" elements=${#currency_pair} ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arundhati_s
3 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

LVM recovery, Hard disk broken

Hi I am new on your forum, because I need some help. I have a server with debian and proxmox 2. The HardDisk is broken. I am in rescue mode, and I can't mount LVM partition to recover my backups. What I've already done : # fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 2000.4 GB, 2000398934016 bytes 255... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pppplu
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to shrink root file system (LVM) in Linux Fedora 9?

My root file system is of type LVM. i wanna shrink it but unable to do so. When i give the below command: resize2fs /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-VolLog00 10000M it messages that online shrink can't can't be done as the logical volume is mounted on /. i switched to single user mode by giving command:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
2 Replies

8. Linux

LVM VG recovery

Hi all, I been trying to recover a volume group of single PV. vgcfgrestore output # vgcfgrestore vgoraData Couldn't find device with uuid 'a3onP5-RdbR-fdgq-sDkS-ZtFs-83Q5-kFJj43'. Cannot restore Volume Group vgoraData with 1 PVs marked as missing. Restore failed. fdisk output ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
1 Replies
LINUX(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  LINUX(4)

NAME
linux -- Linux ABI support SYNOPSIS
To compile support for this ABI into an i386 kernel place the following line in your kernel configuration file: options COMPAT_LINUX for an amd64 kernel use: options COMPAT_LINUX32 Alternatively, to load the ABI as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): linux_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The linux module provides limited Linux ABI (application binary interface) compatibility for userland applications. The module provides the following significant facilities: o An image activator for correctly branded elf(5) executable images o Special signal handling for activated images o Linux to native system call translation It is important to note that the Linux ABI support it not provided through an emulator. Rather, a true (albeit limited) ABI implementation is provided. The following sysctl(8) tunable variables are available: compat.linux.osname Linux kernel operating system name. compat.linux.osrelease Linux kernel operating system release. Changing this to something else is discouraged on non-development systems, because it may change the way Linux programs work. Recent versions of GNU libc are known to use different syscalls depending on the value of this sysctl. compat.linux.oss_version Linux Open Sound System version. The linux module can be linked into the kernel statically with the COMPAT_LINUX kernel configuration option or loaded as required. The fol- lowing command will load the module if it is neither linked into the kernel nor already loaded as a module: if ! kldstat -v | grep -E 'linux(aout|elf)' > /dev/null; then kldload linux > /dev/null 2>&1 fi Note that dynamically linked Linux executables will require a suitable environment in /compat/linux. Specifically, the Linux run-time linker's hints files should be correctly initialized. For this reason, it is common to execute the following commands to prepare the system to correctly run Linux executables: if [ -x /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig ]; then /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -r /compat/linux fi For information on loading the linux kernel loadable module automatically on system startup, see rc.conf(5). This information applies regardless of whether the linux module is statically linked into the kernel or loaded as a module. FILES
/compat/linux minimal Linux run-time environment /compat/linux/proc limited Linux process file system /compat/linux/sys limited Linux system file system SEE ALSO
brandelf(1), elf(5), linprocfs(5), linsysfs(5) HISTORY
Linux ABI support first appeared in FreeBSD 2.1. BSD
February 8, 2010 BSD