Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming selecting rows with specific IDs for downstream analysis Post 302242037 by manosubsulo on Wednesday 1st of October 2008 03:59:22 AM
Old 10-01-2008
r u expecting this ?

Code:
select 
          count(*) from table1 a, table2 b 
where 
          a.start >= b.start 
          and a.end <= b.end
          and a.chrom = b.chrom
          and a.chrom = '21' ;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting rows with a specific criteria

Hi, I want a UNIX command that can filter out rows with certain criteria. The file is tab deliminated. Row one is just a value. Basically what I want to do is select based on the name and character at the end (o). So lets lets say i want a row that has WashU and (o) then it would print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help selecting some rows with awk

Hi there, I have a text file with several colums separated by "|;#" I need to search the file extracting all columns starting with the value of "1" or "2" saving in a separate file just the first 7 columns of each row maching the criteria, with replacement of the saparators in the nearly created... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: capnino
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting specific rows in large files having rows greater than 100000

Hi Guys, I need help in modifying a large text file containing more than 1-2 lakh rows of data using unix commands. I am quite new to the unix language the text file contains data in a pipe delimited format sdfsdfs sdfsdfsd START_ROW sdfsd|sdfsdfsd|sdfsdfasdf|sdfsadf|sdfasdf... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish2009
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selecting specific line using awk

Hi, I would like to get the specific line from the file taking specific coloumn as reference. Thanks and Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkarthik_kaja
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting rows based on values in columns

Hi My pipe delimited .txt file contains rows with 10 columns. Can anyone advise how I output to file only those rows with the letters ‘ci' as the first 2 characters in the 3rd column ? Many thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malts18
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing duplicate rows & selecting only latest date

Gurus, From a file I need to remove duplicate rows based on the first column data but also we need to consider a date column where we need to keep the latest date (13th column). Ex: Input File: Output File: I know how to take out the duplicates but I couldn't figure out... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting rows from a pipe delimited file based on condition

HI all, I have a simple challenge for you.. I have the following pipe delimited file 2345|98|1809||x|969|0 2345|98|0809||y|0|537 2345|97|9809||x|544|0 2345|97|0909||y|0|651 9685|98|7809||x|321|0 9685|98|7909||y|0|357 9685|98|7809||x|687|0 9685|98|0809||y|0|234 2315|98|0809||x|564|0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithins007
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge two files with common IDs but unequal number of rows

Hi, I have two files that I would like to merge and think that there should be a solution using awk. The files look something like this: file 1 IDX1 IDY1 IDX2 IDY2 IDX3 IDY3 file 2 IDY1 dataA data1 IDY2 dataB data2 IDY3 dataC data3 Desired output IDX1 IDY1 dataA data1 IDX2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: katie8856
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script: selecting rows that have the same values in two columns

Hello, everyone I am beginner for shell programming. I want to print all lines that have the same values in first two columns data: a b 1 2 a a 3 4 b b 5 6 a b 4 6 what I expected is : a a 3 4 b b 5 6 but I searched for one hour in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nengcheng
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Size Selecting rows

I have a rather convoluted script that I use to extract information from CSV files: sed '1d' PeakTable.txt | awk -F ',' '!/Ladder/{ if ( $4 > 430 && $4 < 490 && $5 > 45 ) print $2, $5; else print $2, 0 }' | awk '{a+=$2}END{for(i in a){print i, a}}' | sed 's/\(\)\(\) /\10\2 /' | sort | awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies
PDO.EXEC(3)								 1							       PDO.EXEC(3)

PDO
::exec - Execute an SQL statement and return the number of affected rows SYNOPSIS
public int PDO::exec (string $statement) DESCRIPTION
PDO.exec(3) executes an SQL statement in a single function call, returning the number of rows affected by the statement. PDO.exec(3) does not return results from a SELECT statement. For a SELECT statement that you only need to issue once during your program, consider issuing PDO.query(3). For a statement that you need to issue multiple times, prepare a PDOStatement object with PDO.prepare(3) and issue the statement with PDOStatement.execute(3). PARAMETERS
o $statement - The SQL statement to prepare and execute. Data inside the query should be properly escaped. RETURN VALUES
PDO.exec(3) returns the number of rows that were modified or deleted by the SQL statement you issued. If no rows were affected, PDO.exec(3) returns 0. Warning This function may return Boolean FALSE, but may also return a non-Boolean value which evaluates to FALSE. Please read the section on Booleans for more information. Use the === operator for testing the return value of this function. The following example incorrectly relies on the return value of PDO.exec(3), wherein a statement that affected 0 rows results in a call to die(3): <?php $db->exec() or die(print_r($db->errorInfo(), true)); ?> EXAMPLES
Example #1 Issuing a DELETE statement Count the number of rows deleted by a DELETE statement with no WHERE clause. <?php $dbh = new PDO('odbc:sample', 'db2inst1', 'ibmdb2'); /* Delete all rows from the FRUIT table */ $count = $dbh->exec("DELETE FROM fruit WHERE colour = 'red'"); /* Return number of rows that were deleted */ print("Deleted $count rows. "); ?> The above example will output: Deleted 1 rows. SEE ALSO
PDO.prepare(3), PDO.query(3), PDOStatement.execute(3). PHP Documentation Group PDO.EXEC(3)