Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Local Based Networking
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Cartoons for Geeks Local Based Networking Post 302241963 by Linux Bot on Tuesday 30th of September 2008 05:40:04 PM
Old 09-30-2008
Local Based Networking

2008-09-30T23:35:00+02:00

See TechCrunch about location based social networking on the iPhone.

Download localnetwork.comicdoc

Image Image Image Image

Source...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networking

Hi new user to UNIX and I am in the process of networking my UNIX box to my windows2000....Is there a special program I have to install so that my windows would recognize and see the Unix box....any suggestions would be great Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonas27
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

networking

HI guys/gals basic question lets say i am running a network. lets say i am using Win Me. how would i network Win Me to a computer that has linux and another that has 98 well the 98 is no problem but the linux well i have an idea but i am rusty with linux. No i have rusted out. Would you make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pydyer
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Saving of UNIX based e-mail on to local disks

Dear friends, Someone please let me know how to store e-mail on local hard disk or floppy disks. I am using UNIX based PINE e-mail programme and the copy of this mail I wanted to store it in my local disks. Thanks in advance. Regards, Rajan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan9
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why i have local.profile, local.cshrc,local.login instead of .profile, .login ?

Hello again ! Thanks for response of my first question. there is my second quesiton why i have local.profile instead of .profile file ? my all files in pwd shoes local. before any file. is anybody can tell me about that ? Thanks Abid Malik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
5 Replies

5. IP Networking

C networking

Can anybody help me regarding networking using c language i know how to capture the packets and to verify it`s protocol destination and source ip etc. Can anybody help me to direct a packet coming to an ip to some other ip of my choice ........ Hope reply ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sannair
0 Replies

6. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Local Networking no longer possible-Unable to mount location

Unable to mount location Can anyone help with this please? Since recently installing 12.04 from a downloaded live CD onto my desktop computer, I have been unable to re-establish a network connection with my other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Royalist
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Networking

hi From mt windows machine I can ping a LINUX machine but there is no arp entry for the same LINUX on my windows. How is it possible and what can I do to add the arp entry as I need it. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leghorn
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a local shell script in a remote machine by passing arguments to the local shell script

I need to run a local shell script on a remote machine. I am able to achieve that by executing the command > ssh -qtt user@host < test.sh However, when I try to pass arguments to test.sh it fails. Any pointers would be appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
7 Replies
CREEPY(1)						      General Commands Manual							 CREEPY(1)

NAME
CREEPY - A geolocation information aggregator DESCRIPTION
creepy is an application that allows you to gather geolocation related information about users from social networking platforms and image hosting services. The information is presented in a map inside the application where all the retrieved data is shown accompanied with rele- vant information (i.e. what was posted from that specific location) to provide context to the presentation. FEATURES
Map providers available : Google Maps - Virtual Maps - Open Street Maps Location information retieval from : Twitter's tweet location: Coordinates when tweet was posted from mobile device. Place (geographical name) derived from users ip when posting on twitter's web interface. Place gets translated into coordinates using geonames.com" Bounding Box derived from users ip when posting on twitter's web interface.The less accurate source , a corner of the bounding box is selected randomly. Geolocation information accessible through image hosting services API EXIF tags from the photos posted. Social networking platforms currently supported: Twitter Foursquare (only checkins that are posted to twitter). Image hosting services currently supported : flickr - information retrieved from API twitpic.com - information retrieved from API and photo exif tags yfrog.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags img.ly - information retrieved from photo exif tags plixi.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags twitrpix.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags foleext.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags shozu.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags pickhur.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags moby.to - information retrieved from API and photo exif tags twitsnaps.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags twitgoo.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags NOTES
Automatic caching of retrieved information in order to reduce API calls and the possibility of hitting limit rates. GUI with navigable map for better overview of the accumulated information 4 Maps providers (including Google Maps) to use. Open locations in Google Maps in your browser Export retrieved locations list as kmz (for Google Earth) or csv files. Handling twitter authentication in an easy way using oAuth. User credentials are not shared with the application. User/target search for twitter and flickr. AUTHOR
creepy was written by Yiannis Kakavas <jkakavas@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Daniel Echeverry for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
The full documentation which includes the keys descriptions is in /usr/share/doc/creepy/README. MAY 08, 2011 CREEPY(1)