Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to find file time using ksh Post 302241936 by manmeet on Tuesday 30th of September 2008 03:54:30 PM
Old 09-30-2008
That is ok Lakris...My code is working now ...Thanks Anyways...nad yes there is actually codes in filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to find last time file was opened

New to unix .. Is there a simple command or utility that will tell me when the last time a file was opened/used? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbr262
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

KSH to find a ORA error in a log file

Hi: i have writen a script that needs a finishing Pourpouse is to find a particular error in a file after we enter file name and the return msg would describe if >there is a error -> "Contact DBA" if there is no oracle error ->"No ora error found." for the same i have written a script... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: techbravo
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find/replace to new file: ksh -> perl

I have korn shell script that genretaets 100 file based on template replacing the number. The template file is as below: $ cat template file number: NUMBER The shell script is as below: $ cat gen.sh #!/bin/ksh i=1; while ((i <= 100)); do sed "s/NUMBER/$i/" template > file_${i} ((... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: McLan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the file names from date/time: Need help

Hi All, I really need help in figuring out how to determine the filenames from the time that is specified as parameter. The script should take as input - the start time and end time in minutes and also start date and end date. Example: reporter.sh -instance Instance_Name -startTime 13:10... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -e to find out File modification time in secs

Hi All, I would like to know the file modification time till seconds in Unix. So I tried ls -e and it worked fine. This Solaris 5.10 -rw-rw-r-- 1 test admin 22 Sep 12 11:01:37 2008 test_message But I am not able to run the same command in SOlaris 5.6 and also in AIX/HP Is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkav
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - AIX: get epoch time/age for a file?

Hi, (AIX 5.1) Is there any way to find the epoch timestamp for a file without having to use fancy perl (or similar) scripts? If anyone knows of a way to do this using just ksh commands it would be appreciated. (It also appears I don't have the stat command available). Alternatively is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: b0bbins
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find file creation time

Hello folks, I have a file, but it change every seconds, i use stats command to check its creation time, but it shows access,modify and change time same. Is there any other way to see the file creation date/time? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find more then 1000 file at a time

Dear All, The need to found more than 1000 file are available in particular directory or not .That more than 1000 file stored in file.txt . i tried with locate & find command .But i can't get.pls post if any other option (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kpoobathi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i find a file with the current time stamp in it??

I want to find a file using find or any utility having the current date time stamp..... I have an alternate way to do that.... but that is too way out of logic... so looking out something with find itself (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh to find specific infomation in a delimited file

I am using ksh and looking for a simple way to print the entire row when a specific column contains specific infomation. I know I can use grep to find the information however I can not specify the column. File test.txt contents: Abc,223,223,223 efg,354,224,774 hij,354,2230,773... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldman2
5 Replies
echo(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  echo(1B)

NAME
echo - echo arguments to standard output SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/echo [-n] [argument] DESCRIPTION
echo writes its arguments, separated by BLANKs and terminated by a NEWLINE, to the standard output. echo is useful for producing diagnostics in command files and for sending known data into a pipe, and for displaying the contents of envi- ronment variables. For example, you can use echo to determine how many subdirectories below the root directory (/) is your current directory, as follows: o echo your current-working-directory's full pathname o pipe the output through tr to translate the path's embedded slash-characters into space-characters o pipe that output through wc -w for a count of the names in your path. example% /usr/bin/echo "echo $PWD | tr '/' ' ' | wc -w" See tr(1) and wc(1) for their functionality. The shells csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1), each have an echo built-in command, which, by default, will have precedence, and will be invoked if the user calls echo without a full pathname. /usr/ucb/echo and csh's echo() have an -n option, but do not understand back-slashed escape characters. sh's echo(), ksh's echo(), and /usr/bin/echo, on the other hand, understand the black-slashed escape characters, and ksh's echo() also understands a as the audible bell character; however, these commands do not have an -n option. OPTIONS
-n Do not add the NEWLINE to the output. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), echo(1), ksh(1), sh(1), tr(1), wc(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The -n option is a transition aid for BSD applications, and may not be supported in future releases. SunOS 5.10 3 Aug 1994 echo(1B)