Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX Install on 9111-520
Operating Systems AIX AIX Install on 9111-520 Post 302241856 by thomn8r on Tuesday 30th of September 2008 01:00:21 PM
Old 09-30-2008
Turns out I had the wrong type of serial cable; went through the pile I had and found one that worked.

I would still like to find a guide for manipulating the front console.

Thanks!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can I Install AIX 4.3.3 on a PC?

Would it be possible to install AIX ver 4.3.3 on a Pc so I can Practice commands and become familiar with the system? Is there anything special that i would have to do? Thanks Frank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wumagic
1 Replies

2. AIX

Install sudo on AIX 5.3

I'm trying to install sudo on AIX 5.3. I don't have a compiler on my machine, so I was trying to find a binary. The one found at http://www.bullfreeware.com/listaix52.html that is supposed to work for 5.3 even though it was compiled on 5.2. The issue is I'm new to AIX and could not figure out how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sphericon
3 Replies

3. AIX

Install bash on AIX

Hi, Im trying to install bash on AIX, I have rpm installed but get: rpm --install bash-3.0-19.3.ppc.rpm error: failed dependencies: libc.so.6 is needed by bash-3.0-19.3 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by bash-3.0-19.3 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) is needed by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris5126
0 Replies

4. AIX

IBM pSeries Power5 9111-285 1,9 GHz

Hi , I am planing to buy IBM pSeries Power5 9111-285 1,9 GHz but I am confused with few things. I would be happy if you could clear it up for me ? 1.Do I have to buy some license in order to create Lpars ? 2.Do I have to buy some license in order to use HMC , micro - partiocioning , VIOS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phobus
4 Replies

5. Hardware

VT 520 Terminal

Back of a VT 520 Teminal has a 1"X1" (approx.) rectangular area covered by a removable plastic flap. It is just above the keyboard hole(mini 6 pin DIN). What is it? Thank you. ---------- Post updated at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:37 AM ---------- I've got the answer.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

6. AIX

IBM's pSeries 570 vs a 520 vs 550

Hidey Ho Folks, Looking to buy a pServer for playing around with the IBM side of things. Looked around for a bit and notice that there is a significant price gap for the used 570's (Single Units) vs the 520's and 550's that folks are selling. Curious what to watch out for in either case? And... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
6 Replies

7. AIX

Power5 9111-520 reload of AIX 6.1 - help needed

Hello all, I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. We had a machine running AIX 6.1 that someone completely corrupted, so we decided to re-load it from media. I was able to boot into DVD media, select options for complete (destructive) install, AIX standard, etc. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesNJ
0 Replies

8. AIX

IBM QSECOFR password missing P/N 9405-520

How to remove or reset password QSECOFR from IBM iSeries AS/400 P/N 9405-520. Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtbax7
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-GETTY-GENERATOR(8)				      systemd-getty-generator					SYSTEMD-GETTY-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-getty-generator - Generator for enabling getty instances on the console SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-getty-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-getty-generator is a generator that automatically instantiates serial-getty@.service on the kernel console(s), if they can function as ttys and are not provided by the virtual console subsystem. It will also instantiate serial-getty@.service instances for virtualizer consoles, if execution in a virtualized environment is detected. If execution in a container environment is detected, it will instead enable console-getty.service for /dev/console, and container-getty@.service instances for additional container pseudo TTYs as requested by the container manager (see Container Interface[1]). This should ensure that the user is shown a login prompt at the right place, regardless of which environment the system is started in. For example, it is sufficient to redirect the kernel console with a kernel command line argument such as console= to get both kernel messages and a getty prompt on a serial TTY. See kernel-parameters.txt[2] for more information on the console= kernel parameter. systemd-getty-generator implements systemd.generator(7). Further information about configuration of gettys can be found in systemd for Administrators, Part XVI: Gettys on Serial Consoles (and Elsewhere)[3]. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), agetty(8) NOTES
1. Container Interface https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ContainerInterface/ 2. kernel-parameters.txt https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt 3. systemd for Administrators, Part XVI: Gettys on Serial Consoles (and Elsewhere) http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/serial-console.html systemd 237 SYSTEMD-GETTY-GENERATOR(8)