Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: boot linux in safe mode
Operating Systems Linux boot linux in safe mode Post 302241766 by etcpasswd on Tuesday 30th of September 2008 07:24:06 AM
Old 09-30-2008
Java boot linux in safe mode

How do I boot a linux box in safe mode?

Thank You.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Maintenance mode boot(MMB) and recovery

hi, i figured why i need to boot in MMB,some of which are missing or corrupt LABEL (LIF labeL ,i guess) on the boot disk. To explicitly corrupt this entry i think a simple dd will work. ok let me elaborate this issue: i need to check this functionality. so i have one LVM boot disk and one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxms755
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

safe mode

Hello I'm working on a PHP project right now and when I try to run 'mkdir' I've been getting an error: code: mkdir("<full path>/test", 0700); error: PHP Warning: mkdir() : SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10002 is not allowed to access <full path> owned by uid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: recluse8912
2 Replies

3. AIX

Boot in Single-Mode

Hi All, I have AIX 5.1 & I forgot the root password. I find out the solution is to boot in single-mode and remove the root password from the /etc/passwd file. My question is how to boot in single-mode? Also is there any password required when booting in this mode? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to boot in single user mode

My machine is a HP-UX 11iV2. I want to boot it in the single user mode. Any ideas? Regards (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sube
7 Replies

5. SuSE

Convet Linux OS from text mode to graphic mode

Hi All, I used to have my suse linux(VM) server in graphic mode but not anymore since morning. I cant rolback since i loose somuch work. Any idea how to it back to normal. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Async-Signal-Safe versus MT-Safe

Hi, I am Solaris 9 developer and notice that the documentation does not provide a clear notion of the inherent concurrency in routines defined as "Async-Signal-Safe". Routines defined as "MT-Safe" obviously have the best level of concurrency, compared to normal "Safe" interfaces. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tristan12
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Cannot boot in single-user mode

I have Sun 240 server with Solaris 8 installed. I go to OBP and try to boot in single-user mode but it is getting hung in the middle and the only way to get out of this situation is by going to the LOM and resetting the server. Here is what is happening: {0} ok boot -s SC Alert: Host System... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
18 Replies

8. AIX

P5 needs to boot in normal mode

Hi, I do not get to boot an IBM P5 9131-52A in normal mode. I mean I want to get rid of the SMS menu, just an automatic boot to AIX. I installed AIX 5L V5.3. diag give me this when I run "Normal Mode Bootlist | Display Current bootlist": ****************************** CURRENT BOOTLIST... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinunez
3 Replies
LINUX-VERSION(1)					      General Commands Manual						  LINUX-VERSION(1)

NAME
linux-version - operate on Linux kernel version strings SYNOPSIS
linux-version compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 linux-version sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] linux-version list [--paths] DESCRIPTION
linux-version operates on Linux kernel version strings as reported by uname -r and used in file and directory names. These version strings do not follow the same rules as Debian package version strings and should not be compared as such or as arbitrary strings. compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 Compare version strings, where OP is a binary operator. linux-version returns success (zero result) if the specified condition is satisfied, and failure (nonzero result) otherwise. The valid operators are: lt le eq ne ge gt sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] Sort the given version strings and print them in order from lowest to highest. If the --reverse option is used, print them in order from highest to lowest. If no version strings are given as arguments, the version strings will instead be read from standard input, one per line. They may be suffixed by arbitrary text after a space, which will be included in the output. This means that, for example: linux-version list --paths | linux-version sort --reverse will list the installed versions and corresponding paths in order from highest to lowest version. list [--paths] List kernel versions installed in the customary location. If the --paths option, show the corresponding path for each version. AUTHOR
linux-version and this manual page were written by Ben Hutchings as part of the Debian linux-base package. 30 March 2011 LINUX-VERSION(1)