Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Causes of high runq-sz and cswch/s output from sar Post 302241761 by aluiken on Tuesday 30th of September 2008 07:07:24 AM
Old 09-30-2008
It's probally IO related.

does "ps aux" give processes in de "D" state?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sar -q output for one processor

Hello, We like to know if there is a way to report the sar -q per processor on AIX 4.3 . Please help RGDS,Elie. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eyounes
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why my sar is not updating the output file.

I am trying to collect the sar output for around 90minutes. When i do sar 1 5000 >> /tmp/sar.out It's not updating the sar.out file. When we decrease the 5000 to smaller number like 10, i can see the file sar.out updated after the 10seconds.If i kill my sar while it is running it's not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skneeli
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

sar output gives 98% idle CPU

Dear All, Our HPUX 8 GB 8CPU database server is behaving abnormally for the last 4+ weeks. I have generated a sar output and it is here- 11:46:52 %usr %sys %wio %idle 11:46:53 1 1 6 92 11:46:54 0 1 0 99 11:46:55 0 1 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashrunil
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sar today's output

Hi All, i tried sar command the output appears to be for several days I would like to just see today's SAR output: Please advice me. $sar Linux 2.6.9-67.ELsmp (lrtp50) 02/28/09 00:00:01 CPU %user %nice %system %iowait %idle 00:05:02 all 3.10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
4 Replies

5. Solaris

extraction of sar output

Hi, Anyone knows how to extract sar command output to excel or Is there any free grapical tools to extract this sar log file. thanks, regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijill
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Strange sar output

I was reviewing yesterday's sar file and came across this strange output! What in the world? Any reason why there's output like that? SunOS unixbox 5.10 Generic_144488-07 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5240 Solaris 00:00:58 device %busy avque r+w/s blks/s avwait avserv 11:20:01 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Performance investigation, very high runq-sz %runocc

I've just been handed a hot potato from a colleague who left :(... our client has been complaining about slow performance on one of our servers. I'm not very experienced in investigating performance issues so I hoping someone will be so kind to provide some guidance Here is an overview of the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solarius
8 Replies

8. Solaris

sar output

One of my servers giving all zero sar output. Could anyone explain this behaviour. Thanks CHaandana Sample: 10:43:37 %usr %sys %wio %idle 16:15:01 2 1 0 97 16:20:02 2 1 0 97 16:25:02 2 1 0 97 16:30:01 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Odd output from sar

We're experiencing some intermittent freezes on one of our systems and I'm trying to figure out what is happening. We're running Solaris 10 zones mounting shares from netapp through nfs. On the zone that freezes we have sar running and are getting this output: SunOS prodserver 5.10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jyda
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Sar output

I am facing situation where sar -u command is showing 0 for all cps, so does it mean all the cpus are fully utilized, os is oracle Linux 6.8 01:34:13 PM all 0 0 0 0 0.00 0 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies
staux(3)						     Library Functions Manual							  staux(3)

NAME
staux - Routines that provide scalar interfaces to auxiliaries SYNOPSIS
#include <syms.h> long st_auxbtadd(bt) long bt; long st_auxbtsize(iaux,width) long iaux; long width; long st_auxisymadd (isym) long isym; long st_auxrndxadd (rfd,index) long rfd; long index; long st_auxrndxadd (idn) long idn; void st_addtq (iaux,tq) long iaux; long tq; long st_tqhigh_aux(iaux) long iaux; void st_shifttq (iaux, tq) int iaux; int tq; long st_iaux_copyty (ifd, psym) long ifd; pSYMR psym; void st_changeaux (iaux, aux) long iaux; AUXU aux; void st_changeauxrndx (iaux, rfd, index) long iaux; long rfd; long index; DESCRIPTION
Auxiliary entries are unions with a fixed length of four bytes per entry. Much information is packed within the auxiliaries. Rather than have the compiler front-ends handle each type of auxiliary entry directly, the following set of routines provide a high-level scalar inter- face to the auxiliaries: Adds a type information record (TIR) to the auxiliaries. It sets the basic type (bt) to the argument and all other fields to zero. The index to this auxiliary entry is returned. Sets the bit in the TIR, pointed to by the iaux argument. This argu- ment says the basic type is a bit field and adds an auxiliary with its width in bits. Adds an index into the symbol table (or any other scalar) to the auxiliaries. It sets the value to the argument that will occupy all four bytes. The index to this auxiliary entry is returned. Adds a relative index, RNDXR, to the auxiliaries. It sets the rfd and index to their respective arguments. The index to this auxiliary entry is returned. Works the same as st_auxrndxadd except that RNDXR is referenced by an index into the dense number table. Copies the type from the specified file (ifd) for the specified symbol into the auxiliary table for the current file. It returns the index to the new aux. Shifts in the specified type qualifier, tq, into the auxiliary entry TIR, which is specified by the `iaux' index into the current file. The current type qualifiers shift up one tq so that the first tq (tq0) is free for the new entry. Adds a type qualifier in the highest or most significant non-tqNil type qualifier. Returns the most significant type qualifier given an index into the files aux table. Changes the iauxth aux in the current file's auxiliary table to aux. Converts the relative index (RNDXR) auxiliary, which is spec- ified by iaux, to the specified arguments. RESTRICTIONS
The interface will added to incrementally, as needed. RELATED INFORMATION
stfd(3) delim off staux(3)