Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Defaultrouter not changing !! Post 302241756 by kumarmani on Tuesday 30th of September 2008 06:58:09 AM
Old 09-30-2008
Defaultrouter not changing !!

Hi experts

I have to change the default router of some system

I tried changing by deleing the existing route by following line

#route delete default 172.24.2.101

then I added executed the below line to add the new router

#route add default 172.24.1.254

as per the above line the file /etc/defaultroute should be changed and it should show me the latest route ip which is 172.24.1.254 however still its showing me the ip 172.24.1.101 .

Please suggest as what could be reason .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Location of defaultrouter file in Red Hat

Where is the file containing the default router in Red Hat 7.0? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/defaultrouter change without reboot

Hi I have had to change the defaultrouter of a production server. I have ammended /etc/defaultrouter to point to the new address but when I do a netstat -rn , it hasnt updated. Is there anyway I can apply this change without rebooting the system ?? regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

3. Solaris

changing password

Hi Someone logged on the system with a Normal user and changed the password , for this user , how can i know ? who changed the password from which terminal ? regards Georges (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsgeorge
5 Replies

4. Solaris

different defaultrouter

can i specify more than one defaultrouter on the same solaris 9 box .??? If yes what are the side effects if any .? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing userID and Changing group and GID

Hello, I want to write a ksh script about changing UID and changing group with GID. There are multiple servers i want to perform that job. linux1 linux2 linux3 linux4 linux5 ...... . . . . . 1.) How can i enter "password" in script rather asking me? I was trying this... ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal732
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern changing

Hi, I have a file with contents in this format.... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing / to - with vi

Hi just learning Unix in college now and this is my first post here, so I dunno if this goes here, or in the homework section technically. Anywho, trying to change all the / in a file into - using vi... i went into the command prompt, and put in :%s///-/g and it comes up with E488: Trailing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SoVi3t
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

defaultrouter permissions

Ok ... I've relocated a SUN box and I've managed to change all of the IP addressess successfully ... both the local IP addresses and those that the box needs to connect to remotely. I was able to get the box to accept the default router's IP address using the command "route add default... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahays
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Changing 0 to 1 and 1 to 0

Hi I have an expression that returns 1 if a text is found and 0 if its not found. I need it the other way around. 0 of found and 1 if its not found echo $((`cat /var/log/system1/output.html | grep aligment | head -n1 | wc -l`)) Is this possible without doing an if/then/else, just... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing different value to single value

I have a input file like this select column1,column2 from tablename where column3='1000000001'; select column1,column2 from tablename where column3='1000000002'; select column1,column2 from tablename where column3='1000000003'; select column1,column2 from tablename where column3='1000000004';... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsuresh316
4 Replies
defaultrouter(4)						   File Formats 						  defaultrouter(4)

NAME
defaultrouter - configuration file for default router(s) SYNOPSIS
/etc/defaultrouter DESCRIPTION
The /etc/defaultrouter file specifies a IPv4 host's default router(s). The format of the file is as follows: IP_address ... The /etc/defaultrouter file can contain the IP addresses or hostnames of one or more default routers, with each entry on its own line. If you use hostnames, each hostname must also be listed in the local /etc/hosts file, because no name services are running at the time that defaultrouter is read. Lines beginning with the ``#'' character are treated as comments. The default routes listed in this file replace those added by the kernel during diskless booting. An empty /etc/defaultrouter file will cause the default route added by the kernel to be deleted. Use of a default route, whether received from a DHCP server or from /etc/defaultrouter, prevents a machine from acting as an IPv4 router. You can use routeadm(1M) to override this behavior. FILES
/etc/defaultrouter Configuration file containing the hostnames or IP addresses of one or more default routers. SEE ALSO
in.rdisc(1M), in.routed(1M), routeadm(1M), hosts(4) SunOS 5.10 17 Aug 2004 defaultrouter(4)