Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: max password is blank
Operating Systems Linux max password is blank Post 302241582 by itik on Monday 29th of September 2008 08:27:33 PM
Old 09-29-2008
max password is blank

Hi All,

I have this userid:

[root@123server456 ~]# cat /etc/shadow | grep mysql
mysql:$1$O12345678901234/.:123456:0::14:::

Max password expiration is blank. What does it mean?

If it's like this below
mysql:$1$O12345678901234/.:123456:0:99999:14:::
then there's no expiration.

Thanks in advance for any comments you may add.

Best regards.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace two blank line with a single blank line

Hi Guys, I have a file in which each set of records are separated by two blank line. I want to replace it with a single blank line. Can you guys help me out? Regards, Magesh (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
9 Replies

2. Red Hat

max age password question

Hi All, I got a definition on /etc/login.defs PASS_MAX_DAYS 41 and on /etc/shadow, most of the user id fifth column (max age) is 40. Is that different policy or not? If it is the same policy, then the above policy don't match, right. Thanks for any comment you may add. Cheers,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete blank lines, if blank lines are more than one using shell

Hi, Consider a file named "testfile" The contents of file are as below first line added for test second line added for test third line added for test fourth line added for test fifth line added for test (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil8103
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Blank Password (Solaris 10)

Hello, I have a doubt about the accounts. With a "grep" to file "shadow" get the accounts have no password: The output is: However, if I do a "su <bin, sys, etc>" request password. What is the true state of accounts? The file "shadow" are as follows: I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: musul
4 Replies

5. AIX

Change password to blank password

AIX 6.1 User has a password set. It needs to be a blank password (no password). smit passwd enter user name at change password and confirm password, just press ENTER Afterwards, I could not log on with blank password or with original password. How can I change the password to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: landog
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete blank spaces and blank lines in a file

Hi Gurus, Somebody can say me how to delete blank spaces and blank lines in a file unix, please. Thank you for advanced. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check Blank Lines, Blank Records and Junk Characters in a File

Hi All Need Help I have a file with the below format (ABC.TXT) : ®¿¿ABCDHEJJSJJ|XCBJSKK01|M|7348974982790 HDFLJDKJSKJ|KJALKSD02|M|7378439274898 KJHSAJKHHJJ|LJDSAJKK03|F|9898982039999 (cont......) I need to write a script where it will check for : blank lines (between rows,before... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatwithsaurav
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split multiple blank, even if it's blank

Hello, I am trying to split : qvipari1 opcmsga OVO Message Agent AGENT,EA Aborted qvipbcarls02 opcmsga OVO Message Agent AGENT,EA Aborted qvipcac3 perfalarm Alarm generator ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cterra
10 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::mysql(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::mysql(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::mysql - A mysql specific Handle object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This module provides a subclass of DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle that compensates for some of the idiosyncrasies of MySQL. METHODS
Insert Takes a table name as the first argument and assumes that the rest of the arguments are an array of key-value pairs to be inserted. If the insert succeeds, returns the id of the insert, otherwise, returns a Class::ReturnValue object with the error reported. SimpleUpdateFromSelect Customization of "SimpleUpdateFromSelect" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. Mysql doesn't support update with subqueries when those fetch data from the table that is updated. DatabaseVersion Returns the mysql version, trimming off any -foo identifier CaseSensitive Returns undef, since mysql's searches are not case sensitive by default SimpleDateTimeFunctions Returns hash reference with specific date time functions of this database for "DateTimeFunction" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. ConvertTimezoneFunction Custom implementation of "ConvertTimezoneFunction" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. Use the following query to get list of timezones: SELECT Name FROM mysql.time_zone_name; Read docs about keeping timezone data up to date: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/time-zone-upgrades.html AUTHOR
Jesse Vincent, jesse@fsck.com SEE ALSO
DBIx::SearchBuilder, DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle perl v5.14.2 2011-09-21 DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::mysql(3pm)