Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX Install on 9111-520
Operating Systems AIX AIX Install on 9111-520 Post 302241492 by shockneck on Monday 29th of September 2008 01:34:31 PM
Old 09-29-2008
There are serial ports for the service processor and for serial console access. Make sure you are connected to one of the latter. Choose 8N1 with 19200 (9600 for older models) baud to connect with an IBM nullmodem cable. Blue Laplink cables might work also. Garbled messages might be a result of wrong port, wrong speed, wrong cable or a combination of those.
While the server is powered off you should get by console into the ASMI from where you can power on and get the boot screens afterwards. The rest of the installation is just like any other pSeries. In case the server has the APV/PowerVM license installed you could install an IVM first and depending on hardware resources LPAR(s) second.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can I Install AIX 4.3.3 on a PC?

Would it be possible to install AIX ver 4.3.3 on a Pc so I can Practice commands and become familiar with the system? Is there anything special that i would have to do? Thanks Frank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wumagic
1 Replies

2. AIX

Install sudo on AIX 5.3

I'm trying to install sudo on AIX 5.3. I don't have a compiler on my machine, so I was trying to find a binary. The one found at http://www.bullfreeware.com/listaix52.html that is supposed to work for 5.3 even though it was compiled on 5.2. The issue is I'm new to AIX and could not figure out how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sphericon
3 Replies

3. AIX

Install bash on AIX

Hi, Im trying to install bash on AIX, I have rpm installed but get: rpm --install bash-3.0-19.3.ppc.rpm error: failed dependencies: libc.so.6 is needed by bash-3.0-19.3 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by bash-3.0-19.3 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) is needed by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris5126
0 Replies

4. AIX

IBM pSeries Power5 9111-285 1,9 GHz

Hi , I am planing to buy IBM pSeries Power5 9111-285 1,9 GHz but I am confused with few things. I would be happy if you could clear it up for me ? 1.Do I have to buy some license in order to create Lpars ? 2.Do I have to buy some license in order to use HMC , micro - partiocioning , VIOS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phobus
4 Replies

5. Hardware

VT 520 Terminal

Back of a VT 520 Teminal has a 1"X1" (approx.) rectangular area covered by a removable plastic flap. It is just above the keyboard hole(mini 6 pin DIN). What is it? Thank you. ---------- Post updated at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:37 AM ---------- I've got the answer.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

6. AIX

IBM's pSeries 570 vs a 520 vs 550

Hidey Ho Folks, Looking to buy a pServer for playing around with the IBM side of things. Looked around for a bit and notice that there is a significant price gap for the used 570's (Single Units) vs the 520's and 550's that folks are selling. Curious what to watch out for in either case? And... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
6 Replies

7. AIX

Power5 9111-520 reload of AIX 6.1 - help needed

Hello all, I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. We had a machine running AIX 6.1 that someone completely corrupted, so we decided to re-load it from media. I was able to boot into DVD media, select options for complete (destructive) install, AIX standard, etc. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesNJ
0 Replies

8. AIX

IBM QSECOFR password missing P/N 9405-520

How to remove or reset password QSECOFR from IBM iSeries AS/400 P/N 9405-520. Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtbax7
2 Replies
INSTALL-MH(8)                                                        [nmh-1.5]                                                       INSTALL-MH(8)

NAME
install-mh - initialize the nmh environment SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/install-mh [-auto] [-check] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Install-mh is the nmh program to create the initial setup for a first-time nmh user. Install-mh lives in two places for historical rea- sons. The -auto option does things as automatically as possible and makes install-mh less chatty. The user is asked for the name of the directory that will be designated as the user's nmh directory. If this directory does not exist, the user is asked if it should be created. Normally, this directory should be under the user's home directory, and has the default name of ``Mail''. Install-mh writes an initial .mh_profile for the user. As with all nmh commands, install-mh first checks for the existence of the $MH environment variable since that gives the profile path if set. If it isn't set, the $HOME environment variable is consulted to determine the user's home directory. If $HOME is not set, then the /etc/passwd file is consulted. When creating the users initial .mh_profile, install-mh will check for the existence of a global profile /etc/nmh/mh.profile. If found, this will be used to initialize the new .mh_profile. The -check option can be used to check whether or not nmh has been installed. This can be used by other programs to determine whether or not nmh has been installed without their having to know the internals of nmh. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile /etc/nmh/mh.profile Used to initialize user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To set the user's nmh directory CONTEXT
With -auto, the current folder is changed to "inbox". MH.6.8 11 June 2012 INSTALL-MH(8)