Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Similar OS to AIX
Operating Systems AIX Similar OS to AIX Post 302241478 by agasamapetilon on Monday 29th of September 2008 12:34:30 PM
Old 09-29-2008
Similar OS to AIX

Is there any OS similar to AIX around but free?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

similar words

hi i have created a pipe which outputs a list of words such as: hello yay foo yah good goof and from this i want to find words which only differ by their last letters ie yay/yah and good/goof. i would only need to print out the first instance of the word. these words are not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Streetrcr
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need a Unix OS similar to HP-UX

Hi, I am trying to quickly learn Unix because I am going to be using HP-UX soon. Problem is I can't find download HP-UX. Does anyone know a Unix OS I can download that is more like HP-UX? I'm running windows vista at the moment. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: budz
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging similar lines

Greetings, I have been trying to merge the following lines: Sat. May 9 8:00 PM Sat. May 9 8:00 PM CW Sat. May 9 8:00 PM CW Cursed Sat. May 9 9:00 PM Sat. May 9 9:00 PM CW Sat. May 9 9:00 PM CW Sanctuary Sat. May 16 8:00 PM Sat. May 16 8:00 PM CW Sat. May 16 8:00 PM CW Sanctuary Sat. May... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adambot
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk or something similar

i have a file like this: wedd01A1 1 wedd01A2 2 wedd01A3 1 wedd02A2 3 wedd02A3 4 wadd02A1 1 wadd02A2 5 wqdd01A1 3 wsdd01A3 1 i want out like this: A1 A2 A3 wedd01 1 2 1 wedd02 0 3 4 wadd02 1 5 0 wqdd01 3 0 0 wsdd01 0 0 1 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
8 Replies

5. AIX

monit similar in AIX

Hi Do you know if there is a similar tool like monit in AIX's packages? thanks Regards Israel. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iga3725
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

script similar to rm utility

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: saferm is a replacement for the rm utility. Rather than removing files, it move files in a sub directoy called".saferm" in the user's home directory. If "~/.saferm" doesn't exist, it is automatically created. The -l options lists the ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joey12
3 Replies

7. AIX

BMC package and ingeneral all packages in AIX (Similar to pkginfo in Linux)

Hi , I want to know is there any command in AIX similar to pkginfo ? that shows details of all packages installed and we can grep whatever we need to check? Thanks Rafi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafi49
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi if or or similar

I'm trying to code a line (ksh) without much success along the lines of :- If then .....etc fi I know i could use the case statement but i'm hoping someone may know a one liner or a simple workaround. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: squrcles
8 Replies
captoinfo(1)						      General Commands Manual						      captoinfo(1)

NAME
captoinfo - convert a termcap description into a terminfo description SYNOPSIS
captoinfo [-vn width] [-V] [-1] [-w width] file . . . DESCRIPTION
captoinfo looks in file for termcap descriptions. For each one found, an equivalent terminfo description is written to standard output. Termcap tc capabilities are translated directly to terminfo use capabilities. If no file is given, then the environment variable TERMCAP is used for the filename or entry. If TERMCAP is a full pathname to a file, only the terminal whose name is specified in the environment variable TERM is extracted from that file. If the environment variable TERM- CAP is not set, then the file /usr/share/terminfo is read. -v print out tracing information on standard error as the program runs. -V print out the version of the program in use on standard error and exit. -1 cause the fields to print out one to a line. Otherwise, the fields will be printed several to a line to a maximum width of 60 charac- ters. -w change the output to width characters. FILES
/usr/share/terminfo Compiled terminal description database. TRANSLATIONS FROM NONSTANDARD CAPABILITIES
Some obsolete nonstandard capabilities will automatically be translated into standard (SVr4/XSI Curses) terminfo capabilities by captoinfo. Whenever one of these automatic translations is done, the program will issue an notification to stderr, inviting the user to check that it has not mistakenly translated a completely unknown and random capability and/or syntax error. XENIX termcap also used to have a set of extension capabilities for forms drawing, designed to take advantage of the IBM PC high-half graphics. They were as follows: If the single-line capabilities occur in an entry, they will automatically be composed into an acsc string. The double-line capabilities and GG are discarded with a warning message. IBM's AIX has a terminfo facility descended from SVr1 terminfo but incompatible with the SVr4 format. The following AIX extensions are automatically translated: Additionally, the AIX box1 capability will be automatically translated to an acsc string. Hewlett-Packard's terminfo library supports two nonstandard terminfo capabilities meml (memory lock) and memu (memory unlock). These will be discarded with a warning message. NOTES
This utility is actually a link to tic(1), running in -I mode. You can use other tic options such as -f and -x. The trace option is not identical to SVr4's. Under SVr4, instead of following the -v with a trace level n, you repeat it n times. SEE ALSO
infocmp(1), ncurses(3NCURSES), terminfo(5) This describes ncurses version 5.7 (patch 20100109). AUTHOR
Eric S. Raymond <esr@snark.thyrsus.com> captoinfo(1)