Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: aixterm vs cterm: HELP
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users aixterm vs cterm: HELP Post 302241455 by nullwhat on Monday 29th of September 2008 10:50:18 AM
Old 09-29-2008
no one has any ideas?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maximizing an xterm or aixterm window?

Is there a way to maximize an xterm window in a ksh script? I've tried a number of approaches, but none seem to have the desired affect. All I want to accomplish is to have the window maximized upon being called in the script...i.e: xterm -T MyNewXterm -e programToOpen & | maximized --or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spieterman
1 Replies

2. AIX

Aixterm icon placement?

Hi, I'm using xterm and aixterm with Mwm on AIX, and having trouble controlling icon placement when minimising windows. Basically when I run an xterm or aixterm I want to be able to specify where the icon will be if minimised. The man page mentions the "#geometry Geometry" option to aixterm,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cunningdavid
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change title of aixterm window online

Is there any way to change title of aixterm window online? Also is it possible to freeze first/last few lines online? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Soham
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIXTERM Status Line

Hello, can anyone help and suggest a way I can implement the following Idea: I would like to use the status line in aixterm to display the current hostname as well as some other environment variables during the session. I have not been able to put any string and display that in the status line.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
0 Replies

5. AIX

aixterm scroll?

on a AIX sys i have been trying to get the mouse scroll wheel to page the terminal for about 2 yrs now on aixterm. any ideas. the below syntax does not work in aixterm but does work in xterm. ------------------------- this does not work in aixterm but does work in xterm,, with a cat Xdefult |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nullwhat
2 Replies

6. AIX

Enable scrollbar on all aixterm windows ?

There is this workstations that I sometimes work on and it annoys me because it does not have any vertical scrollbar enabled. I did a Google on activating scroll bar but they talk about escape sequences that I have no clue on how to do this: CSI ? P m h DEC Private Mode Set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
2 Replies
CAPISTRANO(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                CAPISTRANO(1)

NAME
cap -- cap is an utlity to invoke capistrano tasks. SYNOPSIS
cap <command> [options] DESCRIPTION
Capistrano is a utility and framework for executing commands in parallel on multiple remote machines, via SSH. It uses a simple DSL (bor- rowed in part from Rake, http://rake.rubyforge.org/) that allows you to define _tasks_, which may be applied to machines in certain roles. It also supports tunneling connections via some gateway machine to allow operations to be performed behind VPN's and firewalls. Capistrano was originally designed to simplify and automate deployment of web applications to distributed environments, and originally came bundled with a set of tasks designed for deploying Rails applications. The deployment tasks are now (as of Capistrano 2.0) opt-in and require clients to explicitly put "load 'deploy'" in their recipes. Capistrano is a self-documenting program by giving you an extensive help listing for each command. If you think that this manual page is outdated, simply running cap -h ASSUMPTIONS
Capistrano is "opinionated software", which means it has very firm ideas about how things ought to be done, and tries to force those ideas on you. Some of the assumptions behind these opinions are: * You are using SSH to access the remote servers. * You either have the same password to all target machines, or you have public keys in place to allow passwordless access to them. Do not expect these assumptions to change. OPTIONS
Capistrano is extensible configurable, and it has the following configuration options: -e --explain TAKS Displays help (if available) for the task. -F --default-config Always use default config, even with -f. -f --file FILE A recipe file to load. May be given more than once. -H --long-help Explain these options. -h --help Display this help message. -p --password Immediately prompt for the password. -q --quiet Make the output as quiet as possible. -S --set-before NAME=VALUE Set a variable before the recipes are loaded. -s --set NAME=VALUE Set a variable after the recipes are loaded. -T --taks List all tasks in the loaded recipe files. -V --version Display the Capistrano version, and exit. -v --verbose Be more verbose. May be given more than once. -X --skip-system-config Don't load the system config file (capistrano.conf) -x --skip-user-config Don't load the user config file (.caprc) SEE ALSO
capify (1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Leandro Nunes dos Santos leandronunes@colivre.coop.br for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. CAPISTRANO(1)