Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming stdout/stdin + flushing buffers Post 302241439 by shamrock on Monday 29th of September 2008 10:17:32 AM
Old 09-29-2008
Question Need more info

Your code has neither the printf() nor scanf() functions so I am still at a loss to understand what exactly is going on here. You need to attach the entire code and explain what it is doing otherwise with the scant information presented in your post it's not making any sense.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C++ How to use pipe() & fork() with stdin and stdout to another program

Hi, Program A: uses pipe() I am able to read the stdout of PROGAM B (stdout got through system() command) into PROGRAM A using: * child -> dup2(fd, STDOUT_FILENO); -> execl("/path/PROGRAM B", "PROGRAM B", NULL); * parent -> char line; -> read(fd, line, 100); Question:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvaidyan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapper script for image deployment - stdin/stdout - named pipes and the like

Hi everyone, first post here. Anyone who isn't interested in the background, press pagedown :). I sometimes need to make scripts for little things I need in the infrastructure at the company I work at. Currently I am trying to make a wrapper script for a proprietary image-deployment program.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andreas.ericson
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect stdin stdout to multiple files

Hi, i know how to a) redirect stdout and stderr to one file, b) and write to two files concurrently with same output using tee command Now, i want to do both the above together. I have a script and it should write both stdout and stderr in one file and also write the same content to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

can't close stdin/stdout in shell

#!/bin/sh exec 0</dev/null exec 1>/dev/null ls -l /proc/self/fd >&2 produces total 0 lr-x------ 1 tyler users 64 Feb 18 10:38 0 -> /proc/7886/fd lrwx------ 1 tyler users 64 Feb 18 10:38 1 -> /dev/pts/4 lrwx------ 1 tyler users 64 Feb 18 10:38 2 -> /dev/pts/4 I've verified the shell is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting stdin/stdout to/from command from/to string

Hi, I am working on a project where I have to generate and execute nasm code on-the-fly. I generate the code in a file program.asm and then execute it.This output is to stdout which i redirect to an output file which i read back to compare results: system("nasm -f elf program.asm >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: doc_cypher
5 Replies

6. Programming

Controlling a child's stdin/stdout (not working with scp)

All, Ok...so I know I *should* be able to control a process's stdin and stdout from the parent by creating pipes and then dup'ing them in the child. And, this works with all "normal" programs that I've tried. Unfortunately, I want to intercept the stdin/out of the scp application and it seems... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
9 Replies

7. Programming

read and write stdin/stdout in unix

Hi, i am using the below program to read from the standard input or to write to standard out put. i know that using highlevel functions this can be done better than what i have done here. i just want to know is there any other method by which i find the exact number of characters ( this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrUser
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

STDIN and STDOUT

Hallo, i have a script like: if ;then echo "OK" else echo "ERROR $2 is missing" fi; if ;then touch $2 fi; if ;then cat $1 | grep xy > $2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eightball
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set font color for STDIN,STDOUT and STDERR?

I want to differentiate the STDOUT and STDERR messages in my terminal . If a script or command is printing a message in terminal I want to differentiate by colors, Is it possible ? Example: $date Wed Jul 27 12:36:50 IST 2011 $datee bash: datee: command not found $alias ls alias... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[stdin / stdout] Strategies for redirecting outputs

Well.. let's say i need to write a pretty simple script. In my script i have 2 variables which can have value of 0 or 1. $VERBOSE $LOG I need to implement these cases: ($VERBOSE = 0 && $LOG = 0) => ONLY ERROR output (STDERR to console && STDOUT to /dev/null) ($VERBOSE = 1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marmz
5 Replies
scsi_validate_sense(9F) 				   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				   scsi_validate_sense(9F)

NAME
scsi_validate_sense - find descriptor in SCSI sense data SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> int scsi_validate_sense(uint8_t *sense_buffer, int sense_buf_len, int *flags); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
sense_buffer Pointer to a buffer containing SCSI sense data. The sense data is expected in wire format starting at the response code. sense_buf_len Length of sense buffer in bytes. flags Returns additional properties of the sense data. DESCRIPTION
The scsi_validate_sense() function returns the format of the sense data contained in the provided sense buffer. If the response code field in the sense data is not recognized or if there is not enough sense data to include sense key, asc, and ascq then scsi_validate_sense() returns SENSE_UNUSABLE. If the buffer contains usable sense data in fixed format, the function returns SENSE_FIXED_FORMAT. If the buffer contains usable sense data in descriptor format, the function returns SENSE_DESCR_FORMAT. The following flags may be set as appropriate depending on the sense data: SNS_BUF_OVERFLOW The sense data buffer provided for the request is too small to hold all the sense data. SNS_BUF_DEFERRED The sense data contained in the buffer relates to an error that has occurred during the processing of a successfully completed command, such as a cached write that could not be commited to the media. RETURN VALUES
SENSE_UNUSABLE The response code from the sense data is unrecognized or not enough sense data present to provide the sense key, asc, and ascq. SENSE_FIXED_FORMAT The sense data in the buffer is in "fixed format". SENSE_DESCR_FORMAT The sense data in the buffer is in "descriptor format". CONTEXT
The scsi_validate_sense() function can be called from user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
scsi_ext_sense_fields(9F), scsi_find_sense_descr(9F), scsi_sense_asc(9F), scsi_sense_ascq(9F), scsi_sense_cmdspecific_uint64(9F), scsi_sense_info_uint64(9F), scsi_sense_key(9F) SunOS 5.11 29 Jun 2006 scsi_validate_sense(9F)