Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux kernel module parameters Post 302241417 by macL on Monday 29th of September 2008 09:26:52 AM
Old 09-29-2008
Thanks fpmurphy,

Yes, I found that for some modules. Unfortunately, it is not the standard behavior so not all modules have their parameters values there. Another thing that I found is that some modules print to the console their parameters values/configuration options and it is possible to see them after boot with dmesg. Fortunatelly this worked form me.
I am working with the igb driver, and need to know the status of the InterruptThrottleRate. dmseg prints a message saying it is off.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Making Socket System Call From Linux Kernel Module?

Hi Everyone! How can we make a socket() system call from a linux module executing in kernel space? If any one knows, kindly tell me. It will be great. I want to use the socket interface in linux kernel space for sending raw packets over the network. Hamayun (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mian_m_hamayun
0 Replies

2. SuSE

max number of slabs per kernel module (kernel 2.6.17, suse)

Hi All, Is there a max number of slabs that can be used per kernel module? I'm having a tough time finding out that kind of information, but the array 'node_zonelists' (mmzone.h) has a size of 5. I just want to avoid buffer overruns and other bad stuff. Cheers, Brendan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brendan Kennedy
4 Replies

3. Linux

How to convert Linux Kernel built-in module into a loadable module

Hi all, I am working on USB data monitoring on Fedora Core 9. Kernel 2.6.25 has a built-in module (the one that isn't loadable, but compiles and links statically with the kernel during compilation) to snoop USB data. It is in <kernel_source_code>/drivers/usb/mon/. I need to know if I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitemp
0 Replies

4. Linux

kernel module parameters

Hi, if I install a module with specific parameter, will this parameters applied next time system boots? for exampe, I want to disable InterruptThrottleRate modprobe e1000e InterruptThrottleRate=0 Is this parameter apllied only for this run, or this module will always use this parameter when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shedon
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to display pid and other parameters of current process through kernel module ?

how to display pid and other parameters of current process in linux platform ? i know it can be done through a linux commmand ps -F but i want it done through kernel program thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
1 Replies

6. Programming

can a linux kernel module call libc functions?

can a linux kernel module call libc functions, such as printf(), strcpy(), etc...? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
9 Replies

7. Programming

Make cannot generate .ko linux kernel module

cannot generate .ko file on my linux, although it can generate module.symvers. But when I copy .c file and Makefile to another linux computer, there's no problem. The strange thing is: make is successfuly executed, and returned 0; make output: make -C /lib/modules/2.6.18-92.el5xen/build ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
4 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Linux: passing parameters to kernel modules

Hi, I need to set qlogic qla2xxx parameters in /etc/modprobe.conf (Oracle Linux Server release 5.7, almost equal to RedHat 5.7) two questions: how can I pass this parameters to the module while it is loaded (fibre channel luns are in use), if possible at all and how can I check the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Kernel parameters problem in Linux

please tell me the list of kernel parameters in RHEL 5.7 Because we've a requirement in one project. Also tell me the importance of eah kernel parameter if possible. ==Thanks in Advance==:):D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
1 Replies

10. Linux

Unload kernel module at boot time (Debian Wheezy 7.2, 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to prevent the ehci_hcd kernel module to load at boot time. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) Add the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (as suggested here): 2) Blacklisted the module by adding the following string to 3) Tried to blacklist the module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies