Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create a directory structure with getting input from a file. Post 302241407 by era on Monday 29th of September 2008 09:03:49 AM
Old 09-29-2008
It replaces the file name with the part of the file name which comes before the last slash, i.e. the directory part of the name.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MV files from one directory structure(multiple level) to other directory structure

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will move all the files from source directory structure(multiple levels might exist) to destination directory structure. If a sub folder is source doesnot exist in destination then I have to skip and goto next level. I also need to delete the files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srmadab
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to Create this file format structure

This data comes form the table and exported into the file in this format File1 Format weboffercode1,sourcecode1,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode2,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode1,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode3,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode3,1,1,1,1,1,1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enigma_83
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create tar archive without preserving directory structure?

I am adding some individual files to a tar archive and would like them to be added to the archive without any directory hierarchy, even though the files themselves exist in levels of hierarchy. Unfortunately, tar seems to always preserve the directory hierarchy when it adds the files. Here is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Special_K
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Desire structure for input file

Hello Unix gurus, I have a txt file with single columns with n no of rows.like below COLUMN1 ======= AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH . . . NNN. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from input file with dir structure

hi, I want to copy files from source directory based on input file (or output of previous command) and i want to have the SAME DIRECTORY STRUCTURE. Note that i will have other files and directories which i dont want to copy to destination. For example, dir source has following content:... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
22 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find mv and create directory structure

Hi there, I'm trying to pull all my flacs out of my Music collection. I can do it with following command find b/ -name *.flac -exec mv {} flac/ \; which works great except it moves all the flac files to the flac folder. I want it to recreate the original folder the flacs were found in and mv... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fistikuffs
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How we can create the master file through shell to show the tree structure of the directory?

Can we create the master file that show the whole tree structure of the directory till a particular folder? Database that contains four sub repository Sybase,sql,oracle,mysql and sql and oracle contains two subrepostories Siebel and plsql and each repositories contains three folders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename last directory in a file structure

I have to write a script to rename the every last sub-directory in a directory structure if the last sub-directory name doesn't contain "submitted". eg: given directory path:/u01/home/somedir somedir can have many subdirectories and each subdirectory inturn has many subdirectories. somedir... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramse8pc
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Directory structure

Hello ; ) again Now I have my file like this : DIR2/DIR3 DIR2 DIR2/DIR3/DIR4/DIR5 I am looking for help to create a loop that will create the directory structure. I need something like this : If "DIR2" does not exist > Create IF "DIR2" exist already > check if onther "DIR"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a flat file and directory structure

Hi All, is there any work around to generate the file and directory structure like below at left side at Output? and exclude all file except .abc .txt Current Directory structure |-------------files |---------------Share |-----------------dir1 |-----------------dir2... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: heros
11 Replies
XFM(5)									XFM								    XFM(5)

NAME
xfm - file format for application window contents of xfm DESCRIPTION
Xfm - the X file and application manager - has its own format to save the content of the application window, which is described in this file. FORMAT
One entry per line. Lines starting with a hash (#) and empty lines are ignored. Each line consists out of six fields, separated by colons (:). Backslashes and colons within those fields have to be escaped using backslashes. FIELDS
Label The label printed below the icon in the application window is the first part. Directory Directory The second part is the directory the specified action is executed in. An empty string is treated as the $HOME-directory, which is also substituted for a leading tilde followed by a slash (~/). If this line has the special drop_action LOAD, this is not the directory, but the next xfm file to display. empty compatibility field This field is only here for compatibility reasons. It has to be empty. icon The 4th field is the icon to show. Unless this field is empty, xfm will search in the pixmapPath and the bitmapPath for this file and use it as icon for this item. The icon has to be in XBM or in the XPM format. push action This field (the 5th) contains the action to execute when the specified field is double-clicked or otherwise activated. Unless it is one of the special commands listed below, it is given as a whole to the shell. Any parts encapsulated in percent signs (%) are substituted with user input. Default values can be specified with two hyphens (--) within the token. The special commands are: LOAD The directory field is interpreted as filename of a xfm file which replaces the current contents of the application window. If the directory is the special value XFM-DEVICES, the content of the application window are generated out of the information of the xfm_dev(5) file instead. OPEN The directory specified in the directory field is opened in a new file window. EDIT filename Start the default editor with the specified filename. drop action This field (the 6th) contains the action to execute if some files are dragged from the file window and dropped into this item. The command is given to a shell, and the files are given as arguments. EXAMPLES
Start a xterm with $HOME-directory as current directory. The icon is xterm.xpm. Nothing can be dragged here. Xterm:::xterm.xpm:exec term: Open the special menu for showing mountable devices: Devices:XFM-DEVICES:::LOAD: Open a file window with the home directory: Home::::OPEN: Open /floppy in a new file window: Diskettenlaufwerk:/floppy::dev_floppy.xpm:OPEN: Execute an xterm with a user specified command: execute::::xterm -e %command--watch date%: Grab a screenshot when pushed, show drag&dropped images with xli: picture::::import `date +\%Y\%m\%d\%M\%H\%S.png`:xli "$@" Process dropped files with transfig: transfig:::app.xpm::transfig -L %Language:--eepic% "$@" FILES
$HOME/.xfm/Apps Unless otherwise specified in the X resources, this is the file opened when Xfm starts. /etc/X11/xfm/Apps Unless otherwise specified in the X resources, this file is opened when the previous one fails. SEE ALSO
xfm(1), xfm_dev(5), xfmtype(1), xbm(5), xpm(5). xfm 20 April, 2006 XFM(5)