Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unmask
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unmask Post 302241339 by zaxxon on Monday 29th of September 2008 06:27:48 AM
Old 09-29-2008
I don't know unmask. Maybe you mean "umask".

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Change group and Unmask it to 027 in Linux?

I want to propose a change to the run script environment. This would change the effective group of the wsadmin account to prodview with a umask of 027 before running our services. In linux this can be accomplished by the following #!/bin/ksh # # Original shell # newgrp prodview <<... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sindhu puja
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Unmask/Decrypt an XML file?

Hello All, Below is the content of the XML datafile when i do vi the XML file not sure why the content is showing like this, it could be because the data inside the file is masked or something? is there a way i can decrypt or unmask the data in a human readable format? . When i use my Informatica... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
20 Replies
PAM_UMASK(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_UMASK(8)

NAME
pam_umask - PAM module to set the file mode creation mask SYNOPSIS
pam_umask.so [debug] [silent] [usergroups] [umask=mask] DESCRIPTION
pam_umask is a PAM module to set the file mode creation mask of the current environment. The umask affects the default permissions assigned to newly created files. The PAM module tries to get the umask value from the following places in the following order: o umask= argument o umask= entry in the user's GECOS field o UMASK= entry from /etc/default/login o UMASK entry from /etc/login.defs The GECOS field is split on comma ',' characters. The module also in addition to the umask= entry recognizes pri= entry, which sets the nice priority value for the session, and ulimit= entry, which sets the maximum size of files the processes in the session can create. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. silent Don't print informative messages. usergroups If the user is not root and the username is the same as primary group name, the umask group bits are set to be the same as owner bits (examples: 022 -> 002, 077 -> 007). umask=mask Sets the calling process's file mode creation mask (umask) to mask & 0777. The value is interpreted as Octal. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the session type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SUCCESS The new umask was set successfully. PAM_SERVICE_ERR No username was given. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User not known. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to set the user specific umask at login: session optional pam_umask.so umask=0022 SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_umask was written by Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@thkukuk.de>. Linux-PAM Manual 09/19/2013 PAM_UMASK(8)