Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Date& Time change in linux beyond few days back Post 302241332 by jim mcnamara on Monday 29th of September 2008 06:09:54 AM
Old 09-29-2008
Use date -s <new date & time> or date -u <UTC new date & time>
You must be logged on as root. This permanently changes the date/time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time & Date Command

Hey all, When you run the 'ls -la' command it'll show you the time and dates of all files/directories. Now what I am trying to do is create a script that will tell me what files haven't been used in over the past 1 month and what the time and date is that the files that haven't been accessed in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Date & Time

:confused: I'm not really sure about the default backup date & time in our Unix system and I would like to change it to a convienient time...how do I do that? Please help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EbeyeJJ
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Temporarily change the date / time

Hi - I'd like to know if it's possible to change the time on a Unix box temporarily, do some stuff, and then set it back to the correct time. I'm testing some code that reads a time (in hours) from a config file, and does something at that time. I want to be able to run regression test... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samgdavies
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

About date & time difference

Hello All, I was having a look on threads on the Forum about time calculation but didn't find exactly this issue. For instance, if we have these 2 dates, begin & end : 20100430235830 20100501000200 Is there anyway, awk, ksh, perl to calculate the difference in sec and get for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rany1
6 Replies

6. Programming

DATE & TIme

Can we select the datetime from oracle database in “hhmmssnnnccyymmdd” format ? please help to solve this..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanal
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Unix & Linux Certifications Names In This Days ??

Hello All My Questions About Which Unix & Linux Certifications Names In This Days ? I Mean Red Hat Certifications , Solaris Certifications , IBM Certifications , HP Certifications and BSD Certifications just i need the names of these Certifications and How can i enter to Certifications... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eng/G.Mohammad
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Time Change for a particular target Zone

Hi Summary: - Script will take 2 arguments - Argument 1: Date/Time value in a particular format - Argument 2: TimeZone value Examples: Argument 1: a. "May 11, 2012 08:00:00 AM" b. "Dec 21, 2012 12:21:12 PM" c. "Oct 2, 2012 05:00:00 PM" Argument 2: a. MT or MST or MDT b. ET c.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change date/time

Hi everybody! I need to perform a task with a script but I have no idea how to do it, I hope someone could help me: - on my linux pc I have many folders with movies, tv shows, toons, ecc. They are shared by a dlna server to my panasonic tv where I can browse and see them. The problem is that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Torquemada
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux froze and got back working 5 days later, no reboot.

Hello my friends, I've come across the weirdest of glitches. I'm running a simple weather monitor (just temperature) on a Raspbeery Pi 3B (Raspbian Linux 4.14.98-v7+). It has a 3G modem that sends out simple packets to my server at home. On june 5th I lost remote access to the device.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OmahaWiz
1 Replies
sttime(3)						    ShapeTools Toolkit Library							 sttime(3)

NAME
stMktime, stWriteTime - date and time handling SYNOPSIS
#include <config.h> #include <sttk.h.h> time_tstMktime (char *string); char*stWriteTime (time_t date); DESCRIPTION
stMktime scans the given string and tries to read a date and time from it. It understands various formats of date strings. The following is a list of all valid formats, optional parts in brackets. [Tue] Jan 5[,] [19]93 This includes the standard asctime(3) format. Jan 5 With no year given, the year defaults to the current year. [19]93/01/05 This notation requires month and day represented by exactly two digits. 5.1.[19]93 This is the usual German notation. 5.1. German notation referencing the current year. A certain time, given together with the date must always have the following form. hours:minutes[:seconds] Each of the fields must be an integer value within the proper range (hours: 0-23, minutes and seconds: 0-59). Values below 10 may be written as one digit numbers. The time value may be placed anywhere in the date string: at the beginning, at the end, or somewhere in the middle. Any amount of white- space may be given between a field of the time value and the separating colon. The time is always considered to be local time. stWriteTime generates a time string similar to asctime(3) from its date argument. SEE ALSO
asctime(3) BUGS
Time Zone Names within the time string (like `MET') are not handled properly. In most cases they will cause a failure. sttk-1.7 Thu Jun 24 17:43:35 1993 sttime(3)