Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: addition in sh shell
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers addition in sh shell Post 302241120 by cfg on Sunday 28th of September 2008 01:34:58 PM
Old 09-28-2008
addition in sh shell

I have to create un counter and I am unable to do an additition:

#!/bin/sh
count=$1
while [[ $count -le 10]]
do
echo $count
$count=$count+$1
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to perform addition of two numbers in shell scripting in Solaris-10

Hi, I have a sh script which contains the following line TOTAL=$((e4-s4)) -> Where e4 and s4 are input got from the user. At the time of execution of this line the following error occurs test.sh: syntax error at line 8: `TOTAL=$' unexpected How to solve this issue?. Can any... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: krevathi1912
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

addition

Hi all, I am new to perl. I need help adding bunch of numbers. I have a file look like this: 1 1 2 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: email-lalit
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple addition, help.

I add up the number of args that are not blank. It works, but the printout is a string that just keep concatenating on +1. So Ex. it goes through input of: bob toto " " tom ...I get 0+1+1+1, when all I want is 3. Any help is appreciated. count=0 for name in $* do if ; then ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bandit390
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with addition

Hi all, I am getting following output by using commands like sort, uniq and awk to the standard output. 110 d 40 a 59 c 9 b 3 e Now at the end I would like to add all the numbers in column 1 and display the count of all numbers i.e. (110 + 40 + 59 + 9 + 3). Also the output may... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addition

Hi all, I am very new to shell programming and trying to learn out the basics. I tried this: $ echo `expr 20 + 30` and it worked. But when i tried this,it does not work. $ a=20 $ b=30 $ echo `expr a + b` The error is: expr: non-numeric argument I cant understand why its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gautamshaw
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addition Of New Fields

Hi, I want to add 3 new fields in the existing file.Please find the example below. input: UID: ABCD UNAME: XYZ Desired Output Tmiestamp: 20101208 UID: ABCD UNAME: XYZ DEPTNO:40 ModifyTImestamp:20101209 If you see the above i have added the 3 columns manually in the output section... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nani7574
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on addition in shell

i need shell script to add to numbers #!/usr/bin/sh a=1310601600 ------> epcho time of Thu, 14 Jul 2011 00:00:00 UTC b=864000 -------> 10 days in sec c=`expr $a+$b` echo $c----1311465600> this output i will use this value to delete the data from MySQL db next i need to set... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreedhargouda
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

addition of decimal no

a=10.00 pattern=-11.00 b=`echo "$a $pattern" | awk ' printf("%d\n", $1 + $2)'` echo $b not working, also trined bc ,dc but thats not on my m/c. also expr not supporting. any clue? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limitation in addition

whats wrong with this addition? Whats the maximum number of digits can be handled? pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ const=201234454654768979799999 pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ let new+=const pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ echo $new -2152890657037557890 pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addition to Bash shell script that emails final output as attachement?

Greetings. I have a nice bash shell script that runs a multi-step analysis well. I already have the SGE options set up to email me the progress of the run (started, completed, aborted), but a final step would be to code the shell script to email the final output (a .txt file) to the same email... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
6 Replies
stack(n)							Tcl Data Structures							  stack(n)

NAME
stack - Create and manipulate stack objects SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require struct ?1.2.1? stackName option ?arg arg ...? stackName clear stackName destroy stackName peek ?count? stackName pop ?count? stackName push item ?item ...? stackName size DESCRIPTION
The ::struct::stack command creates a new stack object with an associated global Tcl command whose name is stackName. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the stack. It has the following general form: stackName option ?arg arg ...? Option and the args determine the exact behavior of the command. The following commands are possible for stack objects: stackName clear Remove all items from the stack. stackName destroy Destroy the stack, including its storage space and associated command. stackName peek ?count? Return the top count items of the stack, without removing them from the stack. If count is not specified, it defaults to 1. If count is 1, the result is a simple string; otherwise, it is a list. If specified, count must be greater than or equal to 1. If there are no items on the stack, this command will return count empty strings. stackName pop ?count? Return the top count items of the stack, and remove them from the stack. If count is not specified, it defaults to 1. If count is 1, the result is a simple string; otherwise, it is a list. If specified, count must be greater than or equal to 1. If there are no items on the stack, this command will return count empty strings. stackName push item ?item ...? Push the item or items specified onto the stack. If more than one item is given, they will be pushed in the order they are listed. stackName size Return the number of items on the stack. KEYWORDS
queue, matrix, tree, graph struct 1.2.1 stack(n)