Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 10 as Router...
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 as Router... Post 302241088 by incredible on Sunday 28th of September 2008 09:24:44 AM
Old 09-28-2008
Where is your default route pointing to? Also check irst if there's any mismatch of your speed/duplex settings between your system and the switch.
Your netmasks should be specified correctly too. We need more output from the system to analyseSmilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris as router between two subnets

I have two networks which is not connected to each other. Each network has its own internet connection. I also have one Solaris machine with two NICs connected to both of the networks. How do I use the Solaris to connect both network so that hosts from either side of the network can... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ahmad Pakhri
9 Replies

2. IP Networking

linksys router and solaris 8

I just sys-unconfigged my ultra sparc which is on my home network where I have 2 PCs attached. When I go to install Solaris 8, it asks various things re: networking. Specifically, when it asks for the IP addy for the DNS server, I input the info, but it barfs back "IP addy info not found". I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicomen
10 Replies

3. Solaris

Looking for a compartable Solaris wireles router

I have SURFboard SB6120 Modem which is compartable with Unix and I would like a wireless router with comparable speed and security. I have been looking at the Linksys wireless WRT610N model but I don't know if it is compartable with Solaris. I have been researching but I have not come across any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
2 Replies

4. Solaris

building solaris-based enterprise router-firewall project

hi guys, its been a while since my last visit here, could not keep up the pace on this ever changing industry :) i'd just doing my home research under vmware to make a solaris-based router-firewall using zones - doing a lot of reading about zones & review solaris zone functionality. and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stdout
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Unix printing to my WinXP works with no router. How can I make it work through my router?

I set up remote printing on a clients Unix server to my Windows XP USB printer. My USB printer is connected directly to my PC (no print server and no network input on printer). With my Win XP PC connected to my cable modem (without the router), i can do lp -dhp842c /etc/hosts and it prints. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmhohne
7 Replies

6. IP Networking

Solaris 11 Express NAT/Router IP Fragments

Upon replacing my linux router/server with a Solaris one I've noticed very poor network performance. The server itself has no issues connecting to the net, but clients using the server as a router are getting a lot of IP fragments as indicated from some packet sniffing I conducted. Here was my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectox
3 Replies
dnet(7D)                                                              Devices                                                             dnet(7D)

NAME
dnet - Ethernet driver for DEC 21040, 21041, 21140 Ethernet cards SYNOPSIS
/kernel/drv/dnet DESCRIPTION
The dnet Ethernet driver is a multithreaded, loadable, clonable, STREAMS GLD driver. Multiple controllers installed within the system are supported by the driver. The dnet driver functions include controller initialization, frame transmit and receive, functional addresses, promiscuous and multicast support, and error recovery and reporting. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
The cloning character-special device, /dev/dnet, is used to access all DEC 21040/21041/21140 devices installed in the system. The dnet driver is dependent on /kernel/misc/gld, a loadable kernel module that provides the dnet driver with the DLPI and STREAMS func- tionality required of a LAN driver. See gld(7D) for more details on the primitives supported by the driver. The device is initialized on the first attach and de-initialized (stopped) on the last detach. The values returned by the driver in the DL_INFO_ACK primitive in response to a DL_INFO_REQ from the user are as follows: o The maximum SDU is 1500 (ETHERMTU - defined in <sys/ethernet.h>). o The minimum SDU is 0. o The DLSAP address length is 8. o The MAC type is DL_ETHER. o The sap length value is -2, meaning the physical address component is followed immediately by a 2-byte sap component within the DLSAP address. o The broadcast address value is the Ethernet/IEEE broadcast address (FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF). Once in the DL_ATTACHED state, the user must send a DL_BIND_REQ to associate a particular Service Access Point (SAP) with the stream. PRECONFIGURATION
The PCI configuration process varies from system to system. Follow the instructions provided by the vendor. Known Problems and Limitations o On multiport cards (exception: Osicom (Rockwell) RNS2340), the first port is the top port. (On the Osicom RNS2340, the first port is the bottom port.) o If the dnet driver fails to determine the correct speed and duplex mode resulting in a corresponding drop in performance, set the speed and duplex mode using the dnet.conf file. o The dnet driver incorrectly counts carrier lost or no carrier errors while in full-duplex mode. There is no carrier signal present when in full-duplex mode and it should not be counted as an error. o Version 4 SROM formats are not supported. CONFIGURATION
The /kernel/drv/dnet.conf file supports the following options: full-duplex For full duplex operation use full-duplex=1, for half duplex use full-duplex=0. Half-duplex operation gives better results on older 10mbit networks. speed For 10mbit operation use speed=10, for 100mbit operation use speed=100. Certain 21140 based cards will operate at either speed. Use the speed property to override the 100mbit default in this case. FILES
/dev/dnet character special device /kernel/drv/dnet.conf dnet configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), dlpi(7P), gld(7D) streamio(7I) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide Network Interfaces Programmer's Guide SunOS 5.10 20 OCT 2000 dnet(7D)