Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help to choose unix distro
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help to choose unix distro Post 302240930 by spacevoid8 on Saturday 27th of September 2008 06:06:24 AM
Old 09-27-2008
i already use ubuntu. and asked about unix..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Live Unix Distro Help...

Hello, I was just looking for some help on Unix distros that don't affect my hard disk. Basically what I am looking for is a distro that has all your programming needs (so I can program in Unix) and the basic functions of an OS. I would also like it to include python if possible. BTW, is it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vhab
0 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

How do I choose the application when opening a file in UNIX?

If I have a file in OSX (e.g. a pdf), I can choose how to open it i.e. with the "open with..." command from the 'right click menu'. Sometimes a pdf is garbled in OSX Preview so I need to open it in Adobe Acrobat. How do I choose the application when opening a file in UNIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mpeter
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh(Unix Distro) script

ok so i am writing in VI. Basically i am writing a script which does the following 1.) creates a file name as: `hostname.`date '+%d%m%y_%H%M'.1.html 2.) echos some html tags >> to the same file name 3.) takes info from command showrev -p and then >> to the same file 4.) echos closing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demon002
4 Replies

4. Fedora

Recommendations on Unix Distro

I'd like to become more familiar with Unix. To that end I want to install and practice/play with a (open source) Unix distro; however, I'm uncertain which one I should use. I'm considering freebsd, openbsd, and openSolaris. I'm familiar and comfortable with RHL/CentOS and Debian/Ubuntu. Keeping... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NateKin
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

choose y or n

Hi, I have written a choice based shell script some thing like this: if (y) execute code .... fi else if(n) terminating the problem with the above scripting is it will work as far as the options are y or n. but i want to reiterate the same code when the user inputs something else... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Which Tablet to Choose?

Currently in the process of looking for a tablet. Which one is best? Thanks Benjamin Mauerberger (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hlinks12
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Which Product to Choose?

Okay, I have an Asus A8NSLI board with an Athlon 64 and I dunno, maybe 8gig Ram and Windows has crashed for the last time so I've finally had enough and I'll make it a Unix machine. I have a new 1Tera drive and I'm all set to go. Which brand of Unix/Linux can you advise me to go for? The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abrogard
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write program that find winner who choose the smallest number. UNIX process?

In the game of “Unique”, multiple players privately choose an integer. They then reveal their choice. The winner is the player who chose the smallest unique number. The game is considered a draw if no unique integer was chosen. You would write a program that simulate such a game according to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dantesma
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Video: What is Your Favorite Linux Distro? UNIX.com and Primis

Video: What is Your Favorite Linux Distro? UNIX.com and Primis https://youtu.be/doa9sA6q9Uw With so many great flavors of Linux to choose from, we asked our UNIX.com members what is their favorite Linux distro and why. Here are the results: What is your favorite Linux distro? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)					      General Commands Manual						 PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)

NAME
pull-lp-source - download a source package from Launchpad SYNOPSIS
pull-lp-source [options] source package [release|version] DESCRIPTION
pull-lp-source downloads and extracts the specified version of <source package> from Launchpad, or the latest version of the specified release. To request a version from a particular pocket say release-pocket (with a magic -release for only the release pocket). If no ver- sion or release is specified, the latest version in the development release will be downloaded. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for pull-lp-source: source package This is the source package that you would like to be downloaded from Launchpad. version This is the version of the source package to be downloaded. release This is the release that you would like the source package to be downloaded from. This value defaults to the current development release. -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -d, --download-only Do not extract the source package. -m UBUNTU_MIRROR, --mirror=UBUNTU_MIRROR Use the specified Ubuntu mirror. Should be in the form http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu. If the package isn't found on this mir- ror, pull-lp-source will fall back to Launchpad, as its name implies. --no-conf Do not read any configuration files, or configuration from environment variables. ENVIRONMENT
All of the CONFIGURATION VARIABLES below are also supported as environment variables. Variables in the environment take precedence to those in configuration files. DIST Specifies the default target. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The following variables can be set in the environment or in ubuntu-dev-tools(5) configuration files. In each case, the script-specific variable takes precedence over the package-wide variable. PULL_LP_SOURCE_UBUNTU_MIRROR, UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_MIRROR The default value for --mirror. SEE ALSO
dget(1), pull-debian-source(1), pull-debian-debdiff(1), ubuntu-dev-tools(5) AUTHOR
pull-lp-source and this manual page were written by Iain Lane <iain@orangesquash.org.uk>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. ubuntu-dev-tools 4 August 2008 PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)