Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: solaris 8/9 sendmail stop
Operating Systems Solaris solaris 8/9 sendmail stop Post 302240844 by itik on Friday 26th of September 2008 07:07:34 PM
Old 09-26-2008
solaris 8/9 sendmail stop

Hi All,

I need to stop sendmail from running on boot-up. How can I do this on Solaris 8 and 9 sparc?

Please help and that you in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to start and stop the network in Solaris 9??

Hi how do I start or stop the network interfaces in Solaris 9 I have tried "/etc/init.d/network stop" but it doesn't work thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eldiego
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how to stop rsh on solaris 10

Hi Guys, Please suggest how to stop rsh on Solaris 10 Thanks Manu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Stop DHCP in Solaris 10

Can any one tell me how to stop DHCP service on Solaris 10 so that it should not start nextime when the system is rebooted. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabu
2 Replies

4. Solaris

stop rsh in solaris

dear all Please suggest how to stop rsh on Solaris 10 Thanks murad jaber (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
2 Replies

5. Solaris

stop solaris 8 sendmail from running on startup

sorry i got this already... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

6. Solaris

stop sendmail srvice

dear all does any one know how to stop send mail in solaris (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to stop samba on solaris 10?

Hello to everybody from Argentina. I need to stop samba because i need to fsck a filesystem How can i do this? I presume that the version is higher than 3.0. /usr/sfw/sbin/smbd -D This is the out of ps -ef | grep smbd. Thank you very much for your time i am a litle lost. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
4 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

I can't get sendmail to stop considering itself as localhost.localdomain

Hi, I am tearing my hair out, here. We have a CentOS 4.7 box running sendmail 8.13.1. I can't send e-mail out from that box to anywhere not on localhost, as I keep getting the error 'DSN Data Format error', and 'A real domain name is required to send e-mail'. I have edited the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidm123SED
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Stop/start script problem on Solaris-10

I have Big brother script, which start/stop Big Brother processes. Something got change on server and now I am not able to start/stop it. There is no change in script, as I compared it from other server. This service is being managed by bb user (group is also bb). root@tsazdq04:/#... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies
praliases(1)							   User Commands						      praliases(1)

NAME
praliases - display system mail aliases SYNOPSIS
praliases [-C configfile] [-f aliasfile] [key] DESCRIPTION
The praliases utility displays system mail aliases. When no key is given, praliases displays the current system aliases, one per line, in no particular order. The form is key:value. If a key is given, only that key is looked up and the appropriate key:value is displayed if found. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -C configfile Specifies a sendmail configuration file. -f aliasfile Reads the specified file aliasfile instead of the default sendmail system aliases file. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: key A specific alias key to look up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/mail/aliases Default sendmail system aliases file /etc/mail/aliases.db Database versions of the /etc/mail/aliases file /etc/mail/aliases.dir Database versions of the /etc/mail/aliases file /etc/mail/aliases.pag /etc/mail/sendmail.cf Default sendmail configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mailq(1), newaliases(1M), sendmail(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 29 Mar 2004 praliases(1)