Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Binary operator expected
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Binary operator expected Post 302240798 by basisvasis on Friday 26th of September 2008 03:18:51 PM
Old 09-26-2008
thanks for the info. Can anybody show me how to write this for loop in my case ?

I tried the following but it didnt work:

for i [ -s /myfilelocation/bingofile*.DAT ] # is bingofile*.DAT > 0
do
mv /myfilelocation/$i /destination_directory
done

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

binary operator expected error

It is erroring for : binary operator expected on the if line. Any suggestions? Thanks in advence. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apps_user
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unary operator expected

hi i am trying to compare a value with value 50. but i am getting " I am using if then echo "------------" fi please help thanks in advance Satya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[: =: unary operator expected

HI, while running a script, I got the below mentioned error. /bin/sh: line10 : supportedMozillaVersion() { case "$*" in *rv:1.*) return 0;; *rv:.*) return 0;; *rv:*) return 1;; Mozilla\ 1.*) return 0;; Mozilla\ .*) return 0;; *) return 1;; esac } supportedFirefoxVersion() { case... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhag281
7 Replies

4. Linux

Binary operator expected

hi i'm trying to do program that counts the total no of words from files from a directory and all it's subdirectories.ang i get the binary operator expected error at line 7 and line 12.can you please help me with this as quick as possible? if test -d $1 then sum=0 for name in $1/* do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marian
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script error with binary operator expected.

Hello, I am not sure, where I am missing in the scirpt, I am trying to grep few users from /etc/passwd file and if exists, I added line to echo as user exist, if not create it. #!/bin/bash for vid in v707 z307 z496 z163 z292 ; do if then echo " $vid User exists " else ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Binary Operator expected while executing the below shell script.

Hi Experts, Iam bit poor in shell scripting, Here my requirement is for generating an alert where the oracle database db_recovery_file_dest_size usage. If it reaches beyond 80% should recieve an alert through an email. Want to schedule this alert in cron. #!/bin/bash .... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagadish m
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - binary operator expected error

Hello Unix forum. I'm encountering the following error "binary operator expected error" and I cannot seem to solve the issue. I have the following source files to process: CPA_LOOKUP_dat.lst PROFILE_TXN__dat.lst TRANSACTION_CODE_dat.lst PROFILE_TXN_OUT_OF_BALANCE_dat.lst ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Binary operator expected Error

Here is line number 59 of my script 59 if ; thenI get the following error at this line. Can you please explain why ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Binary operator expected

Hi Team, I just started to learn shell scripting and i got this script from an online book and tried to run in my terminal. But it throws error message. echo $0 -bash echo $UID 501 cat check_rootuser.sh #!/bin/bash # Run as root, of course. LOG_DIR=/var/log ROOT_UID=0 # Only users... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SelvaKumarq
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional binary operator expected Error

Hi, Below is my code where i m trying to grep for name>$servername in manages*.tmp files servername="serv1" set manages*.tmp if ; then However, i get the below error at the if condition: Can you please suggest how can i fix the problem. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
DAT.CONF(5)															       DAT.CONF(5)

NAME
dat.conf - configuration file for static registration of user-level DAT rdma providers DESCRIPTION
The DAT (direct access transport) architecture supports the use of multiple DAT providers within a single consumer application. Consumers implicitly select a provider using the Interface Adapter name parameter passed to dat_ia_open(). The subsystem that maps Interface Adapter names to provider implementations is known as the DAT registry. When a consumer calls dat_ia_open(), the appropriate provider is found and notified of the consumer's request to access the IA. After this point, all DAT API calls acting on DAT objects are automatically directed to the appropriate provider entry points. A persistent, administratively configurable database is used to store mappings from IA names to provider information. This provider infor- mation includes: the file system path to the provider library object, version information, and thread safety information. The location and format of the registry is platform dependent. This database is known as the Static Registry (SR) and is provided via entries in the dat.conf file. The process of adding a provider entry is termed Static Registration. Registry File Format * All characters after # on a line are ignored (comments). * Lines on which there are no characters other than whitespace and comments are considered blank lines and are ignored. * Non-blank lines must have seven whitespace separated fields. These fields may contain whitespace if the field is quoted with double quotes. Within fields quoated with double quotes, the backslash or qoute are valid escape sequences: * Each non-blank line will contain the following fields: - The IA Name. - The API version of the library: [k|u]major.minor where "major" and "minor" are both integers in decimal format. User-level examples: "u1.2", and "u2.0". - Whether the library is thread-safe: [threadsafe|nonthreadsafe] - Whether this is the default section: [default|nondefault] - The library image, version included, to be loaded. - The vendor id and version of DAPL provider: id.major.minor - ia params, IA specific parameters - device name and port - platform params, (not used) OpenFabrics RDMA providers: Provider options for both 1.2 and 2.0, each using different CM services 1. cma - OpenFabrics rdma_cm - uses rdma_cm services for connections - requires IPoIB and SA/SM services for IB - netdev used for device name, without port designation (ia_params) - Supports any transport rdma_cm supports including IB, iWARP, RoCEE - libdaplcma.so (1.2), libdaplofa (2.0) 2. scm - uDAPL socket based CM - exchanges CM information over sockets - eliminates the need for rdma_cm, IPoIB, and SA for IB - verbs device used for device name with port designation (ia_param) - Supports IB, RoCEE. Doesn't support iWARP - libdaplscm.so (1.2), libdaploscm (2.0) 3. ucm - uDAPL unreliable IB CM - exchanges CM information via IB UD QP's - eliminates the need for sockets or rdma_cm - verbs device used for device name with port designation (ia_param) - Supports IB only, no name service. - libdaplucm.so (1.2), libdaploucm (2.0) Example entries for each OpenFabrics provider 1. cma - OpenFarbrics rdma_cm (v1.2 and v2.0 examples) OpenIB-cma u1.2 nonthreadsafe default libdaplcma.so.1 dapl.1.2 "ib0 0" "" ofa-v2-ib0 u2.0 nonthreadsafe default libdaplofa.so.2 dapl.2.0 "ib0 0" "" ofa-v2-iwarp u2.0 nonthreadsafe default libdaplofa.so.2 dapl.2.0 "eth2 0" "" ofa-v2-cma-roe-eth2 u2.0 nonthreadsafe default libdaplofa.so.2 dapl.2.0 "eth2 0" "" ofa-v2-cma-roe-eth3 u2.0 nonthreadsafe default libdaplofa.so.2 dapl.2.0 "eth3 0" "" NOTE: The OpenFabrics CMA providers use <ia_params> to specify the device with one of the following: network address, network hostname, or netdev name; along with port number. 2. scm - uDAPL socket based CM (v1.2 and v2.0 examples) OpenIB-mlx4_0-1 u1.2 nonthreadsafe default libdaplscm.so.1 dapl.1.2 "mlx4_0 1" "" OpenIB-ipath0-1 u1.2 nonthreadsafe default libdaplscm.so.1 dapl.1.2 "ipath0 1" "" ofa-v2-mlx4_0-1 u2.0 nonthreadsafe default libdaploscm.so.2 dapl.2.0 "mlx4_0 1" "" ofa-v2-mlx4_0-2 u2.0 nonthreadsafe default libdaploscm.so.2 dapl.2.0 "mlx4_0 2" "" ofa-v2-mlx4_1-1 u2.0 nonthreadsafe default libdaploscm.so.2 dapl.2.0 "mlx4_1 1" "" ofa-v2-ehca0-1 u2.0 nonthreadsafe default libdaploscm.so.2 dapl.2.0 "ehca0 1" "" ofa-v2-scm-roe-mlx4_0-1 u2.0 nonthreadsafe default libdaploscm.so.2 dapl.2.0 "mlx4_0 1" "" 3. ucm - uDAPL unreliable IB CM (not supported in 1.2, v2.0 examples) ofa-v2-mlx4_0-1u u2.0 nonthreadsafe default libdaploucm.so.2 dapl.2.0 "mlx4_0 1" "" ofa-v2-mlx4_0-2u u2.0 nonthreadsafe default libdaploucm.so.2 dapl.2.0 "mlx4_0 2" "" ofa-v2-ipath0-1u u2.0 nonthreadsafe default libdaploucm.so.2 dapl.2.0 "ipath0 1" "" ofa-v2-ehca0-1u u2.0 nonthreadsafe default libdaploucm.so.2 dapl.2.0 "ehca0 1" "" Note: OpenIB- and ofa-v2- IA names are unique mappings, reserved for OpenFabrics providers. The default location for this configuration file is /etc/dat.conf. The file location may be overridden with the environment variable DAT_OVERRIDE=/your_own_directory/your_dat.conf. SEE ALSO rdma_cm verbs socket 25 March 2008 DAT.CONF(5)