Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: recently updated files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers recently updated files Post 302240538 by vidyadhar85 on Friday 26th of September 2008 03:35:45 AM
Old 09-26-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanuo
anybody can go through the man page of any command. or read books, join college. The reason why do I post it here is to get some "real" pointer towards solution. Asking the poster to go read the man page is certainly not what I expected.
its not a forum where you ask and get it.. its not a fast food center nor ready to eat center..first you have to post your effort towards that problem and here you get direction towards right direction.. if you can't follow it i don't think you are fit to do a shell script..and in find man page its clearly written how to find files modified in last 24hrs and how to display them..

Last edited by vidyadhar85; 09-26-2008 at 04:46 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod command for recently modified files

hello! is there a way for me to use the chmod command to change permissions for several files all at once -based on the fact that these files were all most recently modified TODAY ? I can't use a wildcard on their filenames because the filenames are varied. But I was hoping I could somehow do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polka_friend
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to Copy Files Changed Recently

I have been toying around with a script that will copy all files altered in a development directory over to a testing directory and have been trying to construct the command to meet my needs. Basically I am using find in a directory to see what files have changed over the past 24 hours. Then if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find recently updated files in home directory

Is there a shell command that will allow me to list index files in the /home directory for all users on a server that have been updated within the past 24 hours? (e.g. index.htm .html .php in/home/user1/public_html /home/user2/public_html /home/user3/public_html etc ) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kain
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find recently modified/ updated file

hi gurus, i would like to know how can i find logs files which were recently modified or updated? :confused: using this command? find . -name "*.log" -mtime ?? so what should i put for mtime? thanks. wee (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find recently changed files

Hi, Can you guys tell me how do i find the most recently changed files, say an hour before, few hours before, a day before etc.... Thanks!!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu_shekar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a recently updated file

Hi, I am looking for a command to search for a specific file which was recently modified in the current directory leaving some unwanted files to be listed. For example, when I try ls - lrt it shows the following output. I want to ommit the files with the name 'resend' and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete the older files other than the recently added 5 files

Number of files will get created in a folder automatically daily.. so i hav to delete the older files other than the recently added 5 files.. Could u help me through this..?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to archive old files from the recently added 10 files?

Hi there, I am very new to unix and having trouble with a fairly simple statement: cd /user ls -t -c1 | sed -ne '11,$p' | mv xargs archive/ What I want the code to do is sort all files in a directory by timestamp, select all of the files after the 10th file, and then move those files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DSIReady
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

List all files in subdirectories which are modifiled recently.

Hello, I wanted to list all files in subdirectories which are modifiled recently. need to display all files with full details like hpw it display with ls -l ( date, size,..) Thanks Bala (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from one drive to another, keeping most recently modified files

Hi all, I am a bit of a beginner with shell scripting.. What I want to do is merge two drives, for example moving all data from X to Y. If a file in X doesn't exist in Y, it will be moved there. If a file in X also exists in Y, the most recently modified file will be moved to (or kept) in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apocolapse
5 Replies
restorecon(8)															     restorecon(8)

NAME
restorecon - restore file(s) default SELinux security contexts. SYNOPSIS
restorecon [-o outfilename ] [-R] [-n] [-p] [-v] [-e directory ] pathname... restorecon -f infilename [-o outfilename ] [-e directory ] [-R] [-n] [-p] [-v] [-F] DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes the restorecon program. This program is primarily used to set the security context (extended attributes) on one or more files. It can be run at any time to correct errors, to add support for new policy, or with the -n option it can just check whether the file con- texts are all as you expect. It is the same executable as setfiles but operates in a slightly different manner depending on it's argv[0]. OPTIONS
-i ignore files that do not exist -f infilename infilename contains a list of files to be processed by application. Use - for stdin. -e directory directory to exclude (repeat option for more than one directory.) -R -r change files and directories file labels recursively -n don't change any file labels. -o outfilename save list of files with incorrect context in outfilename. -p show progress by printing * every 1000 files. -v show changes in file labels. -vv show changes in file labels, if type, role, or user are changing. -p show a progress indication in the form of one dot per 1000 files. -F Force reset of context to match file_context for customizable files, or the user section, if it has changed. -0 Input items are terminated by a null character instead of by whitespace, and the quotes and backslash are not special (every char- acter is taken literally). Disables the end of file string, which is treated like any other argument. Useful when input items might contain white space, quote marks, or backslashes.The GNU find -print0 option produces input suitable for this mode. ARGUMENTS
pathname... The pathname for the file(s) to be relabeled. NOTE
restorecon does not follow symbolic links. AUTHOR
This man page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. Some of the content of this man page was taken from the setfiles man page written by Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au>. The program was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
load_policy(8), checkpolicy(8) setfiles(8) 2002031409 restorecon(8)