Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remove certain headers using mailx or sendmail Post 302240219 by kaveripakam on Thursday 25th of September 2008 08:01:46 AM
Old 09-25-2008
rempving headers

Hai By using sed command we will get ur requirment

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help:how to remove headers in output file

Hi I am running a script (which compares two directory contents) for which I am getting an output of 70 pages in which few pages are blank so I was able to delete those blank lines. But I also want to delete the headers present for each page. can any one help me by providing the code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raj_thota
1 Replies

2. Solaris

mailx command with headers

I am having trouble with the mailx command. I have looked many places but can't find the answer. A user at work wants his application to send an email with the Outlook Importance set to high. It looks like I need to modify the MIME headers in order to accomplish this. Is this possible... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgremill
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Headers throughout a data file

I have a data file with over 500,000 records/lines that has the header throughout the file. SEQ_ID Name Start_Date Ins_date Add1 Add2 1 Harris 04/02/08 03/02/08 333 Main Suite 101 2 Smith 02/03/08 01/23/08 287 Jenkins SEQ_ID Name ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psmall
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail? Mailx? SMTP?

We require e-mails to come from one of our Solaris 10 boxes ASAP and have found that when using such things as Sendmail and Mailx all the mail goes to a Q that only fires every 15 minutes. We have tried everything we could think of to adjust this to force the Q to go every 1 minute but so far no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text between headers while leaving headers intact

Hi, I'm trying to strip all lines between two headers in a file: ### BEGIN ### Text to remove, contains all kinds of characters ... Antispyware-Downloadserver.com (Germany)=http://www.antispyware-downloadserver.c om/updates/ Antispyware-Downloadserver.com #2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trones
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Configure mailx or sendmail

hi, I would like to configure mailx or sendmail to send out some mails to some users. I tried searching online for the configuration but it was kinda confusing. I thought that posting here might get someone to work with me step by step I tried sending out mail but i did not receive in my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cghcgh
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to sendmail using mailx in linux

how to sendmail to other computer in the same computer lab using mailx? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: help me
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove headers thar dont match

Good evening I need your help please, im new at Unix and i wanted to remove the first 5 headers for 100000 records files and then create a control file .ctl that contains the number of records and all seem to work out but when i tested at production it didnt wotk. Here is the code: #!... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove white space and duplicate headers

I have a file called "dsout" with empty rows and duplicate headers. DATE TIME TOTAL_GB USED_GB %USED --------- -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- 03/05/013 12:34 PM 3151.24316 2331.56653 73.988785 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Mailx , sendmail and mailhost

Hi all, I am trying to grasp the concept between the 3 entity above. I understand that mailx - MUA I also understand that sendmail = MTA 1) If I have a centralized mail server (which might not be sendmail), can I just set mailhost in "/etc/hosts" to point to that mailserver and use... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
7 Replies
mailstats(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      mailstats(8)

NAME
mailstats - Displays statistics about mail traffic SYNOPSIS
mailstats [-o] [-C cffile [-f stfile] FLAGS
Do not display the name of the mailer in the output. Use cffile as the name of the sendmail "cf" file instead of /var/adm/sendmail/send- mail.cf. Use stfile as the input statistics file instead of /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st. DESCRIPTION
The mailstats command reads the information in the /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st file (or in the file specified with the -f flag), formats it, and writes it to standard output. Note also that you can change the location of the sendmail.st file by editing its pathname in the sendmail.cf file. EXAMPLES
The format of the information is shown in the following example, in which the first field (M) contains a number that indicates the position of that mailer in the sendmail.cf file, starting at 0 (zero). For example, the first mailer in the sendmail.cf file corresponds to the number 0 in the mailstats display, the second mailer corresponds to the number 1, and so on. Statistics from Thu Feb 17 11:20:01 2000 M msgsfr bytes_from msgsto bytes_to msgsrej msgsdis Mailer 1 50 77K 1 3K 0 0 local 6 43 59K 58 99K 0 0 smtp ============================================================ T 93 136K 59 102K 0 0 The fields in the report have the following meanings: Indicates the position of the mailer in the sendmail.cf file. Indicates the number of messages received by the local machine from the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of bytes in the messages received by the local machine from the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of messages sent from the local machine using the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of bytes in the messages sent from the local machine using the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of rejected messages. Indicates the number of discarded messages. Indicates the name of the mailer. If sendmail transmits mail directly to a file, such as the dead.letter file or an alias target, the message and byte counts are credited to the prog mailer, as defined in the sendmail.cf file. However, mailstats will still default to var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st. FILES
Specifies the command path Contains system statistics Contains configuration information for sendmail RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: sendmail(8) delim off mailstats(8)