Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can't open netscape web-browser Post 302240102 by vishwanathhcl on Thursday 25th of September 2008 03:54:12 AM
Old 09-25-2008
If you are using proxy server enter ip of ur proxy in the proxy setting.

if it is dirctly connected to public Network then check DNS IP & NSLOOKUPSmilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web browser and web server for Unix

Hi there all I am looking for both a web browser as well as a web server (Ie. Netscape Fasttrack) that will run on HPUX 10. If you know where I can get these free via FTP, please contact me as soon as possible!! Thanks, Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mleathers
1 Replies

2. Linux

web browser from konsole

hi experts, i'm running red hat linux, consider there's no visual interface, no X server... actually there is one but it's written in Python! what i need is to intall a decent web browser on it! is it possible? and i only have abt 100 MBs of free disk space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elzalem
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to open Browser

Hi, I am connecting to the remote machine via Xmanger. How can i ope browser from the termilnal. I can open gui from my terminal. (xclock works) Just wondering how to open the browser ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Web browser not opening

On clicking on my WEB BROWSER . no window is appearing , only a dialog box appearing with named "ALERT" any nothing else. What is browser package name , which is by default in Solaris 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kush singh
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

The Dillo Web Browser

Hello, Have you all noticed that the Dillo web browser always reports bugs just about on every web page. Richard Stallman's Personal Page However some, but not many have none. cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nigelc
2 Replies

6. Web Development

How to check the Version of Netscape web server

Hello All, I would like to find/check the Netscape webserver version installed in my solaris unix box. Where to check the info and how i will do that . I know that Netscape webserver is installed and running but not sure which version Any idea ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
2 Replies

7. Web Development

What is Your Favorite Web Browser?

OK, please vote on your favorite web browser and comment why! Only currently supported browers please! Thanks. PS: I am a big FireFox fan. FireFox add-ons rock! (61 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
61 Replies
gnome-network-preferences(1)					   User Commands				      gnome-network-preferences(1)

NAME
gnome-network-preferences - configure GNOME network proxy SYNOPSIS
gnome-network-preferences [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The GNOME network proxy preference tool enables you to configure how your system connects to networks. You can configure the desktop to connect to a proxy server, and specify the details of the proxy server. A proxy server is a server that intercepts requests to another server, and fulfills the request itself, if it can. You can enter the Domain Name Service (DNS) name or the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the proxy server. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the gnome-network-preferences tool example% gnome-network-preferences EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-network-preferences Executable for gnome-network-preferences ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-prefs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-control-center(1) attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 09 Nov 2007 gnome-network-preferences(1)