Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to start a script from the point where it failed. Post 302240062 by era on Thursday 25th of September 2008 02:01:03 AM
Old 09-25-2008
Sounds like "break up into small scripts, keep track of which ones completed, run the rest".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fibre connection Point to Point SUN

Anyone know of a guide or instructions for Solaris I got to configure a SBUS HBA to talk to a tape robot. I have done this on a switch but not point to point. just going HBA >>>>> TAPE Fibre simple two nodes Kie (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kie
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set start point in script

Does anyone know of a way to set up some sort of marker in a shell script, from which the script can be restarted.. e.g. MARKER1 check env variable MAX_RETRY if var not set then while true do check var if set go to MARKER1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

vsftpd service failed to start

hi, i am using RHEL 5 and i am not able to on the vsftp i have tried to on the vsftp service using command service vsftpd start Starting vsftpd for vsftpd: i am posting the content of my /etc/xinetd.d/vsftpd file # description: The vsftpd FTP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u.n.i.x
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

VSFTPD Service Failed to Start

Today I have installed VSFTPD but service is failing to start. We have been using standard FTP successful but need to introduce an FTPS option. I have run YUM install VSFTPD and everything appeared to load ok. (If I run rpm - qa | grep vsftpd I get vsftpd-2.0.5-16.el5_4.1 which I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaulComins
4 Replies

5. SCO

SLD: Failed to start the PMD Connection thread. (PM_THREAD_FAILED_TO_START).

Hello, I have a client with an 18 year old SCO Openserver 5.0.5 server. They can't find their installation media. They are experiencing an error at login: *LOGIN: ERROR- Failed to initialize policy manager. (IFOR_PM_FATAL) The status from the policy manager daemon (PMD -... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: brhunt
10 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting the part of the file(overwrite) using start and end point

here is the contents of bigfile.sql CREATE TABLE `Table11` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL , `entityName` enum('Lines','EndUsers') COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL, `parentAllianceMigrationProjectId` varchar(255) NOT NULL ) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=2000 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
30 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to perform a hexdump using dd from start point to end point?

hi, I would like to ask or is it possible to dump a hex using dd from starting point to end point just like the "xxd -s 512 -l 512 <bin file>" I know the redirect hexdump -C but i can't figure it out the combination options of dd. Hope someone can share their knowledge.. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Failed to Start Xampp Apache on Solaris 10

Hello Hope someone can help me on my issue. I tried to install Xampp. all are working fine except Apache. I edited xampp starting script file by modifying port from 80 to 2110. the same for /opt/xampp/etc/httpd.conf I change listing port from 80 to 2110 root@mtcksafhtest01 # ./xampp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Snmpd service failed to start on Red Hat 6

Dear community, I got the following error when I try to start the snmpd service: # service snmpd start Starting snmpd: Log say: Could someone help please? Thank you Lucas ---------- Post updated at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:50 AM ---------- DAMN!!!!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
2 Replies
SERVICE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							SERVICE(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script or systemd unit in as predictable an environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with the current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT, or the name of a systemd unit. The existence of a systemd unit of the same name as a script in /etc/init.d will cause the unit to take precedence over the init.d script. The supported val- ues of COMMAND depend on the invoked script. service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS to the init script unmodified. For systemd units, start, stop, status, and reload are passed through to their systemctl/initctl equivalents. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start command. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. The status is [ + ] for running services, [ - ] for stopped services and [ ? ] for services without a status command. This option only calls status for sysvinit jobs. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. /{lib,run,etc}/systemd/system The directories containing systemd units. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, LANGUAGE, LC_CTYPE, LC_NUMERIC, LC_TIME, LC_COLLATE, LC_MONETARY, LC_MESSAGES, LC_PAPER, LC_NAME, LC_ADDRESS, LC_TELEPHONE, LC_MEA- SUREMENT, LC_IDENTIFICATION, LC_ALL, TERM, PATH The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton update-rc.d(8) init(8) invoke-rc.d(8) systemctl(1) AUTHOR
Miloslav Trmac <mitr@redhat.com>, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> Licence: GNU Public Licence v2 (GPLv2) COPYRIGHT
2006 Red Hat, Inc., Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> Jan 206 SERVICE(8)