Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 8 PermitRootLogin
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 8 PermitRootLogin Post 302240039 by Smiling Dragon on Thursday 25th of September 2008 01:27:53 AM
Old 09-25-2008
If the line is not present at all, it means the default of *** DELETED *** applies

edit: I had previously said "no" there but it turns out I've got it backwards - by default, sshd _does_ permit root logins :/

Last edited by Smiling Dragon; 09-25-2008 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: Got it wrong

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace #PermitRootLogin yes

I can't seem to get this to work. I am trying this: sed -e 's/#PermitRootLogin yes/PermitRootLogin no/' /etc/ssh/sshd_config I am not super familiar with sed. Any help? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
8 Replies

2. Solaris

application compiled on solaris 10 throwing error when executed on solaris 9

I have compiled my application on Solaris 10 with following description SunOS ldg1 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6320 The compiler is Sun C++ 5.9 SunOS_sparc Patch 124863-01 2007/07/25 But when installing the application on Solaris 9 SunOS odcarch02 5.9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash_bit2k2
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

4. Solaris

How to add Solaris text console to Solaris grub2 menu?

Hi, I am new to sloaris and just instlled the solaris 11.2, i know little more about linux, i open the /boot/grub/grub.cfg in solaris and there is many other entries forl solaris 11.2 one of them is for 'Oracle Solaris 11.2 text console' but at boot grub2 only show the first default entry that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shamsat
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Patching Procedure in Solaris 10 with sun cluster having Solaris zone

Hi Gurus I am not able to find the patching procedure for solaris 10 ( sol10 u11) to latest patchset with sun cluster having failover zones so that same I should follow. Take an instance, there are sol1 and sol2 nodes and having two failover zones like sozone1-rg and sozone2-rg and currently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nick101
1 Replies
Config::Model::OpenSsh(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Config::Model::OpenSsh(3pm)

NAME
Config::Model::OpenSsh - OpenSsh config editor SYNOPSIS
invoke editor The following will launch a graphical editor (if Config::Model::TkUI is installed): sudo cme edit sshd command line This command will add a "Host Foo" section in "~/.ssh/config": cme modify ssh Host:Foo ForwardX11=yes programmatic This code snippet will remove the "Host Foo" section added above: use Config::Model ; use Log::Log4perl qw(:easy) ; my $model = Config::Model -> new ( ) ; my $inst = $model->instance (root_class_name => 'Ssh'); $inst -> config_root ->load("Host~Foo") ; $inst->write_back() ; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a configuration editors (and models) for the configuration files of OpenSsh. ("/etc/ssh/sshd_config", /etc/ssh/ssh_config and "~/.ssh/config"). This module can also be used to modify safely the content of these configuration files from a Perl programs. Once this module is installed, you can edit "/etc/ssh/sshd_config" with run (as root) : # cme edit sshd To edit /etc/ssh/ssh_config, run (as root): # cme edit ssh To edit ~/.ssh/config, run as a normal user: # cme edit ssh user interfaces As mentioned in cme, several user interfaces are available with "edit" subcommand: o A graphical interface is proposed by default if Config::Model::TkUI is installed. o A Curses interface with option "cme edit ssh -ui curses" if Config::Model::CursesUI is installed. o A Shell like interface with option "cme edit ssh -ui shell". AUTHOR
Dominique Dumont, (ddumont at cpan dot org) SEE ALSO
cme, Config::Model, perl v5.14.2 2012-10-29 Config::Model::OpenSsh(3pm)