Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 0653-421 mksysb errot
Operating Systems AIX 0653-421 mksysb errot Post 302239693 by pernasivam on Wednesday 24th of September 2008 08:48:42 AM
Old 09-24-2008
mksysb

when ever i delete the file datadeamon file, after mksysb command fired then it is creating like

bash-3.00# pwd
/usr/lpp/bosinst

bash-3.00# ls -l datadaemon
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root system 27 Sep 24 18:18 datadaemon -> /usr/lpp/bosinst/datadaemon

I compared to another server. That server this file not having the link. How will we remove the link. It is again and again create the link.

Please suuggest me.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

mksysb...

Hi friends.. My one problem is not resolved yet I have another. I am planning to take an OS backup of my p550 using "mksysb". Now i am confussed. suppose I give the command to take the backup into a tape drive and my backup size exceeds the tape capacity.. what will happen? will it ask for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
2 Replies

2. AIX

mksysb

I dont have either a tape drive or a DVD Writer attached to the AIX box. Can you let me know the possibilities of making an mksysb in a bootable media? This is required as we have a requirement to upgrade the OS. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

"421 service not available, remote server has closed connection."?

"421 service not available, remote server has closed connection." I tried to do ftp to one of the unix server . ftp hostname password It get connects when i do any command it throws error ftp> ls "421 service not available, remote server has closed connection." (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishaldsh
1 Replies

4. AIX

mksysb

Hello everyone I have two questions. I would like to hear your opinions, your tips. I have several box with aix 5.3. the rootvg in each box has mirror. but I have a cron that makes a mksysb every week. Do you think that it the best to have a mksysb of rootvg if I have a mirror on this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

5. AIX

Help with mksysb

Hi All, Working on AIX 4.2 system. On this server there is no tape drive or a DVD Writer attached to the AIX box. I was able to do mksysb, but I got warning message saying it will not be bootable. On the new system, I did install 5.3 and now I need to restore this mksysb image from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

FTP script failing in middle , Error 421

All, I know this question has been asked , but mine is different scenario I am unsing HP unix, trying to transfer HP-Unix to HP-Unix. I am transfering a bunch of file form machine1 to machine2. when i intiate my FTP script the files are getting transfered from machine1 to machine2.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort: 0653-657 A write error occurred while sorting.

Hi I am trying to sort a file of 88075743B size. I am doing some processing on the file and after the processing is done; I get 2 files temp1 and temp2. I need to combine both these files as one and this final file should be sorted on fields 1 and 2. Space is the delimiter between fields. Record... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diksha2207
2 Replies

8. AIX

0653-340 There is not enough memory available now

Hi, I have and IB RS/6000 machine running 32-bit AIX 4.3.3. We have a directory that is NFS mounted to this machine. Whenever I run the "ls" command in this directory, I get the following error: 0653-340 There is not enough memory available now There was originally 512 MB of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: amp24
11 Replies
Hash::Merge::Simple(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Hash::Merge::Simple(3pm)

NAME
Hash::Merge::Simple - Recursively merge two or more hashes, simply VERSION
version 0.051 SYNOPSIS
use Hash::Merge::Simple qw/ merge /; my $a = { a => 1 }; my $b = { a => 100, b => 2}; # Merge with righthand hash taking precedence my $c = merge $a, $b; # $c is { a => 100, b => 2 } ... Note: a => 100 has overridden => 1 # Also, merge will take care to recursively merge any subordinate hashes found my $a = { a => 1, c => 3, d => { i => 2 }, r => {} }; my $b = { b => 2, a => 100, d => { l => 4 } }; my $c = merge $a, $b; # $c is { a => 100, b => 2, c => 3, d => { i => 2, l => 4 }, r => {} } # You can also merge more than two hashes at the same time # The precedence increases from left to right (the rightmost has the most precedence) my $everything = merge $this, $that, $mine, $yours, $kitchen_sink, ...; DESCRIPTION
Hash::Merge::Simple will recursively merge two or more hashes and return the result as a new hash reference. The merge function will descend and merge hashes that exist under the same node in both the left and right hash, but doesn't attempt to combine arrays, objects, scalars, or anything else. The rightmost hash also takes precedence, replacing whatever was in the left hash if a conflict occurs. This code was pretty much taken straight from Catalyst::Utils, and modified to handle more than 2 hashes at the same time. USAGE
Hash::Merge::Simple->merge( <hash1>, <hash2>, <hash3>, ..., <hashN> ) Hash::Merge::Simple::merge( <hash1>, <hash2>, <hash3>, ..., <hashN> ) Merge <hash1> through <hashN>, with the nth-most (rightmost) hash taking precedence. Returns a new hash reference representing the merge. NOTE: The code does not currently check for cycles, so infinite loops are possible: my $a = {}; $a->{b} = $a; merge $a, $a; NOTE: If you want to avoid giving/receiving side effects with the merged result, use "clone_merge" or "dclone_merge" An example of this problem (thanks Uri): my $left = { a => { b => 2 } } ; my $right = { c => 4 } ; my $result = merge( $left, $right ) ; $left->{a}{b} = 3 ; $left->{a}{d} = 5 ; # $result->{a}{b} == 3 ! # $result->{a}{d} == 5 ! Hash::Merge::Simple->clone_merge( <hash1>, <hash2>, <hash3>, ..., <hashN> ) Hash::Merge::Simple::clone_merge( <hash1>, <hash2>, <hash3>, ..., <hashN> ) Perform a merge, clone the merge, and return the result This is useful in cases where you need to ensure that the result can be tweaked without fear of giving/receiving any side effects This method will use Clone to do the cloning Hash::Merge::Simple->dclone_merge( <hash1>, <hash2>, <hash3>, ..., <hashN> ) Hash::Merge::Simple::dclone_merge( <hash1>, <hash2>, <hash3>, ..., <hashN> ) Perform a merge, clone the merge, and return the result This is useful in cases where you need to ensure that the result can be tweaked without fear of giving/receiving any side effects This method will use Storable (dclone) to do the cloning SEE ALSO
Hash::Merge Catalyst::Utils Clone Storable ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
This code was pretty much taken directly from Catalyst::Utils: Sebastian Riedel "sri@cpan.org" Yuval Kogman "nothingmuch@woobling.org" AUTHOR
Robert Krimen <robertkrimen@gmail.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2010 by Robert Krimen. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-12-07 Hash::Merge::Simple(3pm)