Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Automate Script using pkgrm/pkgadd commands Post 302239642 by bakunin on Wednesday 24th of September 2008 06:55:02 AM
Old 09-24-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxxon
I don't know from which OS these package handling tools are,
These are the original System V software management tools. Most of the Unix systems understand them. The "-n" you mentioned should be commonplace.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pkgrm

Hello, How can I list the installed packages on my Solaris 10 ? Regards :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: XNOR
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

here document to automate perl script that call script

I am trying to use a here document to automate testing a perl script however when the perl script hits a system(perl subscript.pl) call, input is no longer entered into this subscript. here is my script $ cat test.sh #ksh for testcase do program <<-EOF | tee -a funcscnlog.log y... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hogger84
3 Replies

3. Solaris

pkgrm without removing the dependent packages

Hi all, Is there any option to remove a package without removing the dependent packages.... ie, i need to remove a package, while trying to remove by using pkgrm command it says as some dependent packages also will get removed, i dont want to remove those dependent packages. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: judi
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell Script to Automate

I would like to automate script where i do not have to manually insert the username and password I wrote two different scripts but not able to achieve the results: here's to scripts i wrote #!/bin/bash cd /var/tmp /home/server/steve/pca --askauth -idx /opt/app/bin/expect <<EOF expect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam786
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I automate a script?

Hi All, Can I automate a script when some one trying to 'vi' (open) a file. For Example, I am having a file named 'SecuredShell.sh'. when a user types " vi SecuredShell.sh " in unix command prompt a script named secure.sh needs to be automated. Can this be possible. if Yes please guide... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate remote script

Hi all, I need to execute a script on a remote machine that are connected to the network.The basic requirement is to write a script which will login in remote machine and then execute the other script automatically placed in remote machine.So that I need to execute the remote machine script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

automate the script

Dear all, I I want to login to my Linux machine using putty and then run some script from Windows machine.we can do it after loging it and then execute the script by typing it in putty command line screen. but I want to automate it.So whenever I will fire this script,it will do the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with commands to automate.

HI, In some test cases, I used tools like "dd" and "shed" to manually read a block from the disk, modify it using a hex editor and write it back using "dd". I need help with some linux commands I can use to read the block and change the data to induce the corruption....as I want to automate my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prinsh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate multiple commands

Hi, I am trying to count the number of times a string of letters occurs in a file for multiple unique strings of letters. Right now I can do this one at a time using the following code (in this example I am searching for the string "AAA"): echo AAA >> outfile.txt grep -c "AAA" -r... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gecko1
4 Replies

10. Open Source

Help with writing Shell Script to automate process using multiple commands

Hello! Need help to write a Linux script that can be run from windows using command/Cygwin/any other way. I am new to scripting, actually i am trying to automate server health check like free disk space, memory along with few services status, if any services is not running then start services ,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sayed Ibrahim
7 Replies
doctools::msgcat::toc::de(n)					Documentation tools				      doctools::msgcat::toc::de(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
doctools::msgcat::toc::de - Message catalog for the doctoc parser (DE) SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require msgcat package require doctools::msgcat::toc::de ?0.1? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The package doctools::msgcat::toc::de is a support module providing the DE (german) language message catalog for the doctoc parser in the doctools system version 2. As such it is an internal package a regular user (developer) should not be in direct contact with. If you are such please go the documentation of either [1] doctools::doc, [2] doctools::toc, or [3] doctools::idx Within the system architecture this package resides under the package doctools::msgcat providing the general message catalog management within the system. Note that there is no explicit dependency between the manager and catalog packages. The catalog is a plugin which is selected and loaded dynamically. API
This package has no exported API. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category doctools of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
DE, catalog package, doctoc, doctools, i18n, internationalization, l10n, localization, message catalog, message package CATEGORY
Documentation tools COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2009 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> doctools2toc 0.1 doctools::msgcat::toc::de(n)