Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse comma delimited and optionally quotes dimilited file Post 302239497 by vramana2003 on Tuesday 23rd of September 2008 11:04:55 PM
Old 09-24-2008
Parse comma delimited and optionally quotes dimilited file

Hi,

Can you please help me?

How to Parse a comma delimited and optionally quotes dimilited file?

sample.dat
----------
"I",+2007,"SANDA, 20, MARTIN PLACE","SANDA 20MARTIN"
"D",+2008,"RANDA, 22, MARTIN PLACE","RANDA 22MARTIN"

Thank you.
Ram

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comma Delimited file

I have a comma delimited file that sometimes has addresses details in. The problem is that the address detail can be seen as: "Sample House, Sample Road". When I run a script specifying the file is comma delimited I would like it to ignore comma's that are in between speech marks. Is this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbrundrett
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Tab delimited file to Comma delimited file in Unix

Hi, Can anyone let me know on how to convert a Tab delimited file to Comma delimited file in Unix Thanks!! (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan81
22 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing comma delimited text file

I need to delete a set of files in certain directories if there're older than a certain number of days. So I have a text file, with each line containing the directory & number of days. The format is like this: dirA,5 dirB,7 How do I write script to iteratively parse this text file & delete... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chengwei
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comma delimited file

Hi All, I have output of sql saved in comma separated file. Now i need to read line by line this file and assign word to a unix variable for further processing Eg: Test file world, 1, 3, 4 earth,2,3,4,5 moon,1,2,3,4 Output should be word1= world word2=1 echo " first word... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwrm
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing comma with in double quotes in a csv file

Hello, I need to read a csv file and I am trying to replace a comma with a text DSEE?DSEE. Example Input "Chapter","NewTrains, "oldTrains","Delayed",10,"London" "Chapter","Newbuses,oldbuses","On Time",20,"London" Output "Chapter","NewTrainsDSEE?DSEE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatvani
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Flat File - Comma Delimited

I have a flat file whose contents are comma delimited and there are 84 columns in total, so everytime I try to view the contents, things get over lapped it becomes diffcult to read through the result set. Is there a command / what would be the best way...if I want to view the results alligned... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: priya33184
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comma delimited file manipulation

Question about how to change the first & last name in column one & two so that the names have a capital letter for just the first letter. Example: asdf@asdf.com,asdf,asdfasdf,176.23.22.345,4/12/2012 changed to: asdf@asdf.com,Asdf,Asdfasdf,176.23.22.345,4/12/2012 Thank you kindly, Nick (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickytcom
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to convert comma delimited files to semi colon delimited

Hi All, I need a unix script to convert .csv files to .skv files (changing a comma delimited file to a semi colon delimited file). I am a unix newbie and so don't know where to start. The script will be scheduled using cron and needs to convert each .csv file in a particular folder to a .skv... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarpKing
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help/Advise please for converting space delimited string variable to comma delimited with quote

Hi, I am wanting to create a script that will construct a SQL statement based on a a space delimited string that it read from a config file. Example of the SQL will be For example, it will read a string like "AAA BBB CCC" and assign to a variable named IN_STRING. I then concatenate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse comma separated field and removing comma in between number and double quotes

Hi Experts, Please support I have below data in file in comma seperated, but 4th column is containing comma in between numbers, bcz of which when i tried to parse the file the column 6th value(5049641141) is being removed from the file and value(222.82) in column 5 becoming value of column6. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
3 Replies
Parse::Debian::Packages(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Parse::Debian::Packages(3pm)

NAME
Parse::Debian::Packages - parse the data from a debian Packages.gz SYNOPSIS
use YAML; use IO::File; use Parse::Debian::Packages; my $fh = IO::File->new("Packages"); my $parser = Parse::Debian::Packages->new( $fh ); while (my %package = $parser->next) { print Dump \%package; } DESCRIPTION
This module parses the Packages files used by the debian package management tools. It presents itself as an iterator. Each call of the ->next method will return the next package found in the file. For laziness, we take a filehandle in to the constructor. Please open the file for us. METHODS
new( $filehandle ) next Iterate to the next package in the file, returns either a hash containing a package description, or false at end of file. as_hash( $filehandle ) Return all the packages from a filehandle as a hash of hashes. AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> with as_hash implementation by Thomas Klausner. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003,2005,2012 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Module::Packaged perl v5.14.2 2012-03-11 Parse::Debian::Packages(3pm)