Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting my scripts does not check if directory exists Post 302239448 by avronius on Tuesday 23rd of September 2008 04:29:18 PM
Old 09-23-2008
Are you trying to check if the /.ssh directory exists locally? Or are you trying to check if the /.ssh directory exists on the remote server?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if directory exists

Hi, I need to prompt for a response from a user to enter a path read dest_dir?"Please Enter Directory :" How do I do this until a valid directory is entered by the user. I can use to check the existence of the directory. However when I try the following I cannot get it to work. while ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check if masked directory exists?

I'm trying to write a script that identifies whether a directory of the form AWL.????????.IP exists. I have one that exists which is AWL.05301032.IP. When I test like this: If ] I get true, but when I test like this: If ] Or like this If ] Or any other variation of wild cards, I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: philplasma
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I check if directory exists in a makefile

Hi. I what to write a make file that inside a target I want to check if a directory exists. some like: ### make a: if ;then <command 1> else <command 2> fi ### make end Thanks a lot ---------------------- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zivsegal
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if a directory exists if not make it

Hey guys im trying to check if the directory exists i get a syntax error on the elif statement iv tried using else and still same result im not sure. If the directory does not exist can i just insert mkdir /tmp/old under the elif once that part gets working if ; then #do nothing elif echo... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: musicmancanora
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if directory and file exists

cp $PATHLOGS/$DATE/*.* $TMP/logs_tmp/ cp $PATHLOGS/$DATE1/*.* $TMP/logs_tmp/ Before copying the files I have to check if the directory $DATE1 and $DATE2 exists. If directory exists then, check if the folder contains some files. if the file exists then, check if the file size is greater... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a file exists in a directory?

I want to perform SQL *Loader operation only if a file named "load.txt" exists in a directory "/home/loc/etc". Please help how to check this with a if condition. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check if a directory exists or not.if not need to create it

Hi, I am using solaris 10 OS and bash shell.just checking for small code snippet which follows below. /export/home/vomappservers/spa/common/5.0 /export/home/vomappservers/spa/common/scripts /export/home/vomappservers/spa/tools /export/home/vomappservers/spa/scm5.0/SCCS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if the file exists in directory?

Hi Gurus, I have a requests to find if all the file in the filelist exist in certain directory. example: my filelist abc def ddd cde afg how can I find these 5 files exists at director /home/abc Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check whether file exists in directory

Hi guys, I am beginner trying to learn unix. So any help is welcomed. My requirement is to check whether is a file exists in a particular directory or not. The directory path and filename are taken dynamically with user interaction. So the program should continue only if the $filename... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maris_markur
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check that at least one file exists in the directory.

There are some files with suffix dates like abc_20032019.dat abc_17032019.dat If at least one file exists then perform some operation else exit from execution. Korn shell ---------------------------------- array=($inputdir/abc*.dat) If ] ] then echo " file exits" else echo " file does... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh123
10 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)