Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Does admintool write to eeprom? Post 302239335 by mndavies on Tuesday 23rd of September 2008 10:36:25 AM
Old 09-23-2008
Please disregard this posting!
Thanks
If I could figure out how to remove it, I would.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Admintool

Hi, Does anyone here know where I can find out what commands admintool runs while adding a new user and setting up the account? Reason being is the script I am writting, I can add the user create the path. But it wont set the path for the user. The password well it wont add without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with admintool

hi, after i execute admintool, i got the below "Error, cant open display" what is wrong? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Admintool

I am new to unix....How do I enable XWindows... Or for that matter, use Admintool. .....Pls. help. Thanks. PS. I am running Solaris 8. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: d4jtwvb
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read EEPROM Locations

Dear Sir, I am Shidlingayya India, i am new to unix script..my problem is present-> I have to read the eeprom locations from 0 to 255 locations in separate file..i wrote the code for this as follows @eep_save_all ;<filename> store eeprom data to intel hex file kr 0,,02/n wf %1,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shidlingayya
0 Replies

5. Solaris

what happened to admintool?

what happened to admintool in Solaris10? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Admintool

How can I solve this admintool Error: Can't open display: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iwbasts
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

EEPROM password

hello i have sun machine and i need to reset EEPROM password where evrytime machine boot i should put password to start in booting any one can help me how i can remove this password Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asafwat
1 Replies

8. Solaris

doubt reg EEPROM

Hi , Am new to solaris can anyone tell me what is the use of setting the eeprom variable to true or false ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

EEPROM CKSUM - Is there such thing?

Hi all, So I have a binary file and I need to generate an expected EEPROM checksum for it. Ideally, I would like to input the file (with the path) and output a computed checksum. Ive been using (cksum file1) with no avail and I was just curious as to whether there is such thing as EEPROM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TeamUSA
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

EEPROM CKSUM? what is this?

Hi all, So I have a binary file and I need to generate an expected EEPROM checksum for it. Ideally, I would like to input the file (with the path) and output a computed checksum. Ive been using (cksum file1) with no avail and I was just curious as to whether there is such thing as EEPROM cksum,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TeamUSA
1 Replies
TERM(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   TERM(1)

NAME
term - turn PC into a dumb terminal [IBM] SYNOPSIS
term [baudrate] [parity] [bits_per_character] [-dial_string] [device] EXAMPLES
term 2400 # Talk to modem at 2400 baud term 1200 7 even # 1200 baud, 7 bits/char, even parity term 8 9600 /dev/tty01 # 9600 baud, 8 bits/char, no parity, use tty01 term -atdt12345 /dev/tty01 # Start with a command to dial out DESCRIPTION
Term allows MINIX to talk to a terminal or modem over RS232 port 1. The program first sets the baudrate, parity and character length, and then forks. The parent sits in a loop copying from stdin (usually the console's keyboard), to the terminal or modem (/dev/tty00). The child sits in a loop copying from the terminal or modem (/dev/tty00) to standard output. Thus when RS232 port 1 is connected to a modem, every keystroke typed on the keyboard is sent to the modem, and every character arriving from the modem is displayed. Standard input and output may be redirected, to provide a primitive file transfer program, with no checking. Any argument that starts with a minus ('-') is sent out to the modem, usually to dial out. Term accepts several commands that are formed by typing the escape character, CTRL-], and a letter. Type CTRL-]? to see a list of commands. The subshell command is very important, it allows you to type in a ZMODEM command to transfer data. Do not quit term to do this, or your modem line will be reset! Term keeps the modem line open on file descriptor 9 while running the subshell, so you can type <&9 >&9 at the end of your ZMODEM command to connect it to the modem. Important note: to use term, it is essential that /etc/ttytab is configured so that there is no shell hanging on /dev/tty01. If there is, both the shell and term will try to read from /dev/tty01, and nothing will work. SEE ALSO
rz(1), sz(1). TERM(1)