Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create a directory structure with getting input from a file. Post 302239273 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 23rd of September 2008 08:11:10 AM
Old 09-23-2008
With awk you can something like:

Code:
awk -F"/" '{print "mkdir -p "$1"/"$2}' file | sh

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MV files from one directory structure(multiple level) to other directory structure

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will move all the files from source directory structure(multiple levels might exist) to destination directory structure. If a sub folder is source doesnot exist in destination then I have to skip and goto next level. I also need to delete the files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srmadab
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to Create this file format structure

This data comes form the table and exported into the file in this format File1 Format weboffercode1,sourcecode1,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode2,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode1,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode3,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode3,1,1,1,1,1,1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enigma_83
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create tar archive without preserving directory structure?

I am adding some individual files to a tar archive and would like them to be added to the archive without any directory hierarchy, even though the files themselves exist in levels of hierarchy. Unfortunately, tar seems to always preserve the directory hierarchy when it adds the files. Here is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Special_K
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Desire structure for input file

Hello Unix gurus, I have a txt file with single columns with n no of rows.like below COLUMN1 ======= AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH . . . NNN. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from input file with dir structure

hi, I want to copy files from source directory based on input file (or output of previous command) and i want to have the SAME DIRECTORY STRUCTURE. Note that i will have other files and directories which i dont want to copy to destination. For example, dir source has following content:... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
22 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find mv and create directory structure

Hi there, I'm trying to pull all my flacs out of my Music collection. I can do it with following command find b/ -name *.flac -exec mv {} flac/ \; which works great except it moves all the flac files to the flac folder. I want it to recreate the original folder the flacs were found in and mv... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fistikuffs
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How we can create the master file through shell to show the tree structure of the directory?

Can we create the master file that show the whole tree structure of the directory till a particular folder? Database that contains four sub repository Sybase,sql,oracle,mysql and sql and oracle contains two subrepostories Siebel and plsql and each repositories contains three folders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename last directory in a file structure

I have to write a script to rename the every last sub-directory in a directory structure if the last sub-directory name doesn't contain "submitted". eg: given directory path:/u01/home/somedir somedir can have many subdirectories and each subdirectory inturn has many subdirectories. somedir... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramse8pc
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Directory structure

Hello ; ) again Now I have my file like this : DIR2/DIR3 DIR2 DIR2/DIR3/DIR4/DIR5 I am looking for help to create a loop that will create the directory structure. I need something like this : If "DIR2" does not exist > Create IF "DIR2" exist already > check if onther "DIR"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a flat file and directory structure

Hi All, is there any work around to generate the file and directory structure like below at left side at Output? and exclude all file except .abc .txt Current Directory structure |-------------files |---------------Share |-----------------dir1 |-----------------dir2... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: heros
11 Replies
Net::Stomp(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Net::Stomp(3pm)

NAME
Net::Stomp - A Streaming Text Orientated Messaging Protocol Client SYNOPSIS
# send a message to the queue 'foo' use Net::Stomp; my $stomp = Net::Stomp->new( { hostname => 'localhost', port => '61613' } ); $stomp->connect( { login => 'hello', passcode => 'there' } ); $stomp->send( { destination => '/queue/foo', body => 'test message' } ); $stomp->disconnect; # subscribe to messages from the queue 'foo' use Net::Stomp; my $stomp = Net::Stomp->new( { hostname => 'localhost', port => '61613' } ); $stomp->connect( { login => 'hello', passcode => 'there' } ); $stomp->subscribe( { destination => '/queue/foo', 'ack' => 'client', 'activemq.prefetchSize' => 1 } ); while(1) { my $frame = $stomp->receive_frame; warn $frame->body; # do something here $stomp->ack( { frame => $frame } ); } $stomp->disconnect; # write your own frame my $frame = Net::Stomp::Frame->new( { command => $command, headers => $conf, body => $body } ); $self->send_frame($frame); # connect with failover supporting similar URI to ActiveMQ $stomp = Net::Stomp->new({ failover => "failover://tcp://primary:61616" }) # "?randomize=..." and other parameters are ignored currently $stomp = Net::Stomp->new({ failover => "failover:(tcp://primary:61616,tcp://secondary:61616)?randomize=false" }) # Or in a more natural perl way $stomp = Net::Stomp->new({ hosts => [ { hostname => 'primary', port => 61616 }, { hostname => 'secondary', port => 61616 }, ] }); DESCRIPTION
This module allows you to write a Stomp client. Stomp is the Streaming Text Orientated Messaging Protocol (or the Protocol Briefly Known as TTMP and Represented by the symbol :ttmp). It's a simple and easy to implement protocol for working with Message Orientated Middleware from any language. Net::Stomp is useful for talking to Apache ActiveMQ, an open source (Apache 2.0 licensed) Java Message Service 1.1 (JMS) message broker packed with many enterprise features. A Stomp frame consists of a command, a series of headers and a body - see Net::Stomp::Frame for more details. For details on the protocol see <http://stomp.codehaus.org/Protocol>. To enable the ActiveMQ Broker for Stomp add the following to the activemq.xml configuration inside the <transportConnectors> section: <transportConnector name="stomp" uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/> To enable the ActiveMQ Broker for Stomp and SSL add the following inside the <transportConnectors> section: <transportConnector name="stomp+ssl" uri="stomp+ssl://localhost:61612"/> For details on Stomp in ActiveMQ See <http://activemq.apache.org/stomp.html>. METHODS
new The constructor creates a new object. You must pass in a hostname and a port or set a failover configuration: my $stomp = Net::Stomp->new( { hostname => 'localhost', port => '61613' } ); If you want to use SSL, make sure you have IO::Socket::SSL and pass in the SSL flag: my $stomp = Net::Stomp->new( { hostname => 'localhost', port => '61612', ssl => 1, } ); If you want to pass in IO::Socket::SSL options: my $stomp = Net::Stomp->new( { hostname => 'localhost', port => '61612', ssl => 1, ssl_options => { SSL_cipher_list => 'ALL:!EXPORT' }, } ); Failover There is experiemental failover support in Net::Stomp. You can specify failover in a similar maner to ActiveMQ (http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html <http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html>) for similarity with Java configs or using a more natural method to perl of passing in an array-of-hashrefs in the "hosts" parameter. Currently when ever Net::Stomp connects or reconnects it will simply try the next host in the list. Reconnect on "fork" By default Net::Stomp will reconnect, using a different socket, if the process "fork"s. This avoids problems when parent & child write to the socket at the same time. If, for whatever reason, you don't want this to happen, set "reconnect_on_fork" to 0 (either as a constructor parameter, or by calling the method). connect This connects to the Stomp server. You may pass in a "login" and "passcode" options. You may also pass in 'client-id', which specifies the JMS Client ID which is used in combination to the activemqq.subscriptionName to denote a durable subscriber. $stomp->connect( { login => 'hello', passcode => 'there' } ); send This sends a message to a queue or topic. You must pass in a destination and a body. $stomp->send( { destination => '/queue/foo', body => 'test message' } ); To send a BytesMessage, you should set the field 'bytes_message' to 1. send_transactional This sends a message in transactional mode and fails if the receipt of the message is not acknowledged by the server: $stomp->send_transactional( { destination => '/queue/foo', body => 'test message' } ) or die "Couldn't send the message!"; If using ActiveMQ, you might also want to make the message persistent: $stomp->send_transactional( { destination => '/queue/foo', body => 'test message', persistent => 'true' } ) or die "Couldn't send the message!"; disconnect This disconnects from the Stomp server: $stomp->disconnect; subscribe This subscribes you to a queue or topic. You must pass in a destination. The acknowledge mode defaults to 'auto', which means that frames will be considered delivered after they have been sent to a client. The other option is 'client', which means that messages will only be considered delivered after the client specifically acknowledges them with an ACK frame. Other options: 'selector': which specifies a JMS Selector using SQL 92 syntax as specified in the JMS 1.1 specificiation. This allows a filter to be applied to each message as part of the subscription. 'activemq.dispatchAsync': should messages be dispatched synchronously or asynchronously from the producer thread for non-durable topics in the broker. For fast consumers set this to false. For slow consumers set it to true so that dispatching will not block fast consumers. 'activemq.exclusive': Would I like to be an Exclusive Consumer on a queue. 'activemq.maximumPendingMessageLimit': For Slow Consumer Handlingon non-durable topics by dropping old messages - we can set a maximum pending limit which once a slow consumer backs up to this high water mark we begin to discard old messages. 'activemq.noLocal': Specifies whether or not locally sent messages should be ignored for subscriptions. Set to true to filter out locally sent messages. 'activemq.prefetchSize': Specifies the maximum number of pending messages that will be dispatched to the client. Once this maximum is reached no more messages are dispatched until the client acknowledges a message. Set to 1 for very fair distribution of messages across consumers where processing messages can be slow. 'activemq.priority': Sets the priority of the consumer so that dispatching can be weighted in priority order. 'activemq.retroactive': For non-durable topics do you wish this subscription to the retroactive. 'activemq.subscriptionName': For durable topic subscriptions you must specify the same clientId on the connection and subscriberName on the subscribe. $stomp->subscribe( { destination => '/queue/foo', 'ack' => 'client', 'activemq.prefetchSize' => 1 } ); unsubscribe This unsubscribes you to a queue or topic. You must pass in a destination: $stomp->unsubcribe({ destination => '/queue/foo' }); receive_frame This blocks and returns you the next Stomp frame. my $frame = $stomp->receive_frame; warn $frame->body; # do something here The header bytes_message is 1 if the message was a BytesMessage. By default this method will block until a frame can be returned. If you wish to wait for a specified time pass a "timeout" argument: # Wait half a second for a frame, else return undef $stomp->receive_frame({ timeout => 0.5 }) can_read This returns whether there is new data is waiting to be read from the STOMP server. Optionally takes a timeout in seconds: my $can_read = $stomp->can_read; my $can_read = $stomp->can_read({ timeout => '0.1' }); "undef" says block until something can be read, 0 says to poll and return immediately. ack This acknowledges that you have received and processed a frame (if you are using client acknowledgements): $stomp->ack( { frame => $frame } ); send_frame If this module does not provide enough help for sending frames, you may construct your own frame and send it: # write your own frame my $frame = Net::Stomp::Frame->new( { command => $command, headers => $conf, body => $body } ); $self->send_frame($frame); SEE ALSO
Net::Stomp::Frame. AUTHORS
Leon Brocard <acme@astray.com>, Thom May <thom.may@betfair.com>, Michael S. Fischer <michael@dynamine.net>, Ash Berlin <ash_github@firemirror.com> CONTRIBUTORS
Paul Driver <frodwith@cpan.org>, Andreas Faafeng <aff@cpan.org>, Vigith Maurice <vigith@yahoo-inc.com>, Stephen Fralich <sjf4@uw.edu>, Squeeks <squeek@cpan.org>, Chisel Wright <chisel@chizography.net>, COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-9, Leon Brocard Copyright (C) 2009, Thom May, Betfair.com Copyright (C) 2010, Ash Berlin, Net-a-Porter.com Copyright (C) 2010, Michael S. Fischer This module is free software; you can redistribute it or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-15 Net::Stomp(3pm)