Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: oracle 10g on AIX 5
Operating Systems AIX oracle 10g on AIX 5 Post 302239265 by cero on Tuesday 23rd of September 2008 07:57:11 AM
Old 09-23-2008
I am sure oracle themself did a few installations...
What do you wish to install? Instantclient? Database?
I installed both a couple of times.
Basic steps are:
* read the docs Jim already pointed you to
* plan your installation (Oracle Enterprise or Standard edition?, disk layout...)
* preinstallation tasks (check metalink for prerequisites, depending on your os-level,...)
* installation (should be straight forward if you performed the other tasks - esp. planning)
* postinstallation tasks like applying the latest patches, configuring the Oracle-Net, tuning virtual memory...

All those actions varry depending on your bussines needs, hard- and software setup, license agreement, ... and would be too convoluted to explain on this forum if you wish to cover each possible aspect .

In my eyes the best approach is to install on a test machine and ask more specific questions (not sure if here's the best place or or "UNIX and Linux Applications" in "Special Forums" on this site) in case you can't get oracle-training.

Last edited by cero; 09-23-2008 at 09:08 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

oracle 10g

I have download Oracle 10g for Solaris and I have configurate environment than I will start runInstaller and I have a messege that my version of solaris is not 5.7 , 5.8 and 5,9 I have 5.10 Solaris version what I shoud do I have download most actuall Oracle databases. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deux
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Oracle 10G installation on Solaris 9

Hi Guys, I need to install Oracle 10g on solaris 9, the server is not in cluster. The server is already running applications like OVO and Weblogic. Can you guys please tell me the steps to do this and what paramaters ( Kernal and otherwise) which need to be modified? There will be about 100... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How can i install oracle 10g on x86

Please guide me to install oracle 10g in x86 machine running solaris10. I tried the method that is distributed with the Oracle cd, but i finds it to be too complicated for me to complete. Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
2 Replies

4. Programming

Oracle 10g tables dumps

HI All, I am using Oracle 10g . Want to take dumps(.dmp log) from many tables with where clause having same schema. ex : TB_MTH_ORA_CAB "WHERE TRUNC(dw_entry_dt )= TO_DATE('01-JAN-2011')" TB_AM_AT_OSS_MAT "WHERE TRUNC(dw_entry_date )>= TO_DATE('01-JAN-2011') AND TRUNC(dw_entry_date )<=... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
4 Replies

5. AIX

Oracle 10g on AIX7

Hi, anyone know if Oracle Database 10g is AIX 7 certified??? thanks in advance. Regards. Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
2 Replies

6. Solaris

need help in oracle upgrade from 10g to 11g

Hi , situation has come where in i want to upgrade my database from 10g to 11g ,my code heavily depends on Pro*C , i just want to know if i upgrade my DB from 10g to 11g , will there be any changes in my pro*c compiler ..? if so then wat are the prerequisites i need to check ..? thanks ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 5.3 using raw partition for Oracle 10g

Hellow friends, We are having AIX 5.3 total memory allotted to /Backup directory is 700GB actual used memory is 250GB ..but when i issue df -gt command to check space it is showing /Backup directory is 70% full ..how to identify root cause.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umashankar1987
1 Replies
CHING(6)							 BSD Games Manual							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching -- the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
ching [hexagram] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (e.g., ``It furthers one to have somewhere to go.'') while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life (``Thus the superior man makes himself strong and untiring.'') When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes significant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff(1) for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD