Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Create RAID - Smart Array Tool - ML370 Post 302239234 by Zio Bill on Tuesday 23rd of September 2008 06:49:03 AM
Old 09-23-2008
Question Create RAID - Smart Array Tool - ML370

Hi guys,
i must install an old old old ml370 server...
I must create a RAID 5 with my 4 SCSI disk.
I need a SmartStart disk for create it or a Floppy Disk called "Array configuration Tool". I don't find it on the hp website...SmilieSmilieSmilie
Anyone have it??

Thanks in advance.

Zio

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

compaq smart array 532

Trying to install Sco openserver on HP Proliant with this scsi controller but no scsi devices detected. Boot controller is set as the smart array 532 but SCSI diags do not detect any SCSI boot devices during boot sequence Any help appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: farmacy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Smart Array on a RP4440

I have a new Rp4440 that has hp-ux 11.11 on it with a smart array 30 attached to it, HP says they are compatiable and i should be able to use it. I am looking for any help in setting up the array i have it all connected but dont know how to setup the array so the OS see's hard drives. I got no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marvin51796
1 Replies

3. AIX

RAID level of array = false?

I created a RAID 5 array and when I list out the attributes of the "hdisk" it reports back raid_level = 5 but the RAID level of the array = false. What does this actually indicate about my array? I've never paid much attention to this until now since I have a disk reporting failure I want to make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottsl
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is there a tutorial on how to create RAID 1 on top of lvm?

Hi, there are tons of RAID1 tutorials, but none of them deal with lvm. The problem is that I want to expand my current lvm partition over RAID1 rather than creating a new lvm partition after RAID1 is created. My master harddrive has lvm partition. I'm wondering how to create a RAID1 image of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onthetopo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

create array holding characters from sring then echo array.

Hi, I wish to store $string1 in $string1array a character in each array element. Then i wish to echo the entire array to the screen so that it reads as the normal string again. I have been trying with the code below but does not work. Please help... To put string into array: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rorey_breaker
5 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Loading a RAID array after OS crash

One of my very old drive farm servers had an OS fault and can't boot now but I'd like to restore some files from it. I tried booting Ubuntu from a CD, but it couldn't see the drives -- possibly because they're RAIDed together. Is there a good way to get at my files? The data in question is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the difference between the commands cd ~smart and cd ~/smart

Is it possible for both commands to work? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phunkypants
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

missing raid array after reboot

Dear all , i ve configured raid 0 in redhat machine(VM ware), by following steps: #mdadm -C /dev/md0 -l 0 -n 2 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1 #mkfs.ext3 /dev/md0 #mdadm --detail --scan --config=mdadm.conf >/etc/mdadm.conf then mounted the/dev/md0 device and also added a entry in fstab. how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriniv666
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Install RHEL 7 on unsupported HP Smart Array (P400)

Hello community, after hours (days) spent to understand what's the problem reported also in the following thread: https://www.unix.com/red-hat/278892-cant-boot-rhel7-2-due-start-job-running.html I realize that the problem is the server itself. I opened a new thread since the issue in not related... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
2 Replies
ASR(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    ASR(4)

NAME
asr -- driver for Adaptec I2O based SCSI/ATA host bus adapters SYNOPSIS
device asr DESCRIPTION
The Adaptec asr driver provides access to disks and disk arrays controlled by I2O based host bus adapters and SmartRAID SCSI RAID adapters through the standard SCSI disk da(4) interface. The supported adapters provide 64 bit PCI, Compact PCI, Zero Channel PCI, and up to four channels of Ultra2, Ultra 160, or Ultra320 SCSI, or two channels of 1GB Fibre. All support RAID-0, RAID-1, RAID-10, RAID-5 and RAID-50 arrays. All SCSI target types are supported. For the ATA based controllers, one IDE drive per channel is supported. Hot-swapping of IDE drives is not supported at this time. All host bus adapters must be configured before they can be used with any operating system. Please contact Adaptec directly to obtain the latest information on configuration utilities for the adapters. Currently there are both a Motif based GUI configuration utility and a CLI based configuration utility available from the Adaptec Web site. The cards and arrays can also be configured via the BIOS based configura- tion tool (SMOR). HARDWARE
The adapters currently supported by the asr driver include the following: o Adaptec Zero-Channel SCSI RAID 2000S, 2005S, 2010S, 2015S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2100S, 2110S o Adaptec ATA-100 RAID 2400A o Adaptec SCSI RAID 3200S, 3210S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 3400S, 3410S o Adaptec SmartRAID PM1554 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM1564 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM2554 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM2564 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM2664 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM2754 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM2865 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM3754 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM3755U2B / SmartRAID V Millennium o Adaptec SmartRAID PM3757 o DEC KZPCC-AC (LVD 1-ch, 4MB or 16MB cache), DEC KZPCC-CE (LVD 3-ch, 64MB cache), DEC KZPCC-XC (LVD 1-ch, 16MB cache), DEC KZPCC-XE (LVD 3-ch, 64MB cache) -- rebadged SmartRAID V Millennium FILES
/dev/asr* Adaptec SCSI RAID control nodes NOTES
The ATA based controllers present their devices as SCSI-like devices via CAM. For IDE drives attached to these cards, a subset of standard SCSI commands and mode pages are understood via translation performed in the card's firmware. SEE ALSO
da(4) HISTORY
The asr (Adaptec SCSI RAID) driver first appeared as the dpti2o driver under BSDi BSD/OS 3.2, then under FreeBSD 2.2.8 and was ported over to the CAM layer represented in 4.0. AUTHORS
The asr driver was kindly donated by Adaptec and is maintained by Mark Salyzyn <mark_salyzyn@adaptec.com>. This manual page was written by Mark Salyzyn and fixed up by Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
July 14, 2004 BSD