Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Telnet to SCO UNIX from SUSE Linux Workstation Post 302238955 by aafflatoon on Monday 22nd of September 2008 12:04:54 PM
Old 09-22-2008
Telnet to SCO UNIX from SUSE Linux Workstation

Hi
i am new to Linux, i am trying to connect SCO Unix from SUSE LINUX Workstation but i am unable to define the terminal type.

i have also downloaded terminal softwares but function keys (f1, f2....) and some other keys are displaying code instead of working the correct function.

is there any one who can tell me how to make a telnet session with SCO UNIX using vt102 emulation and also map the function keys with the telnet session.

it is very easy in windows i was using QVT software but i can find any software which is similar to QVT and also a free ware.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix SCO 5.0.6 Telnet Problems

Hello there . I have a unix box 5.0.06 , this is the error (Telnetd: All networks ports in use . Can anyone tellme how to resolve this problem. Thanks a lot . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/Linux Distributions on VMware Workstation 6?

Which distributions are known to have great performance, but also excellent ease of use and compatibility on VMware Workstation 6? I have 2GB of real RAM in my system and Windows Vista Home Premium as a host operating system. I can almost always get away with alotting up to 1GB of RAM for my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrrrrrNiceGuy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set up Telnet on Suse?

I am trying to use telnet to access a linux box. I know I should be using SSH (which I use personally), but i have to use telnet. How do I configure the linux box to accept the telnet request. I am using Suse Thanks for any help (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: salil2012
11 Replies

4. SCO

Cannot type properly in telnet window (windows Xp & SCO Unix)

Hello friends, I am using telnet from windows xp to connect to SCO Unix. Since i am used to telnet environment given by linux from windows, this one is annoying. The cursor movements has no boundary, causing me to type control characters accidentally, which makes it difficult to navigate,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
1 Replies
telnetrc(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       telnetrc(4)

NAME
telnetrc, .telnetrc - Specifies setup commands for a telnet session SYNOPSIS
$HOME/.telnetrc DESCRIPTION
The .telnetrc file contains the setup information for a telnet session. It is a hidden file in your home directory and must be readable by the user logging in. The file can consist of multiple entries for each remote host to which a user can connect. A remote host entry consists of multiple lines. The first line is the name of a remote host. The subsequent lines must begin with blank spaces, and contain telnet subcommands. These sub- commands are processed as though they were typed in manually. Lines beginning with a number sign (#) are comment lines. See telnet(1) for a complete list of telnet subcommands. To specify subcommands that apply to all systems, create an entry, using the word "DEFAULT" as the system name, and specify the telnet sub- commands in the subsequent lines. EXAMPLES
The following shows a sample .telnetrc file: # Beginning of telnetrc file # Default subcommands that apply to all systems DEFAULT environ undefine USER # First system entry system1 set echo toggle crlf # Second system entry system2 set echo mode line toggle crlf FILES
User-customized telnet startup values. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: telnet(1). delim off telnetrc(4)