Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix script to check if rsh to box and send status mail Post 302238951 by bpm12 on Monday 22nd of September 2008 11:58:34 AM
Old 09-22-2008
unix script to check if rsh to box and send status mail

rshstatus=`rsh -n lilo /db/p2/oracle/names9208/restart_names.sh`
if $rshstatus <>0 then
errstatus=1
mailx -s "xirsol8dr" ordba@xxx.com >> $log_dr
else if errstatus=0
echo "status to xirsol8dr successful"

can anyone provide if this is t he correct way to do this or is there a better way?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the status and send an email with status

Hi, We have a text file which has the following data. ISA~00~ ~00~ ~ZZ~VISTN ~ZZ~U1CAD ~051227~183 7~U~00200~000011258~0~P~< GS~FA~EE05J~U1CAD~051227~1831~000011258~X~002002 ST~997~0001 AK1~SH~247 AK2~856~2470001 AK5~A AK2~856~2470002 AK5~A... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: isingh786
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send a mail in UNIX

Hi, I need to write one unix script gor sending a mail notification. I have to pass the followinf as arguments,from ,to,subject,messege body Can i use mailx....Please provide the code Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhi
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send mail from sun box 8

Hi experts, I need to send email form my sun box but i unable to send? 1) What Basic setting i have to check? 2) We have DNS server running on other system (ISP-DNS 202.62.64.3,Primary-DNS 192.168.10.4 slave-DNS 192.168.10.1) 3) what Files need to be check, what files need to be created. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saisivakumar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to send mail from unix??

Hi all, I wrote a shell script to send a mail, it is not showing any errors but i didn't receive any mail #!/bin/ksh . ./set_mail_details.ksh echo 'In script' subject=$1 echo '\nsubject' echo $1 echo "$subject" | sed 's/~/ /g' | read sub body_of_email=$2 echo '\nBody' echo $2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaknbk
7 Replies

5. Red Hat

Send mail from redhat box to exchange server

we have an exchange server in company as excmailbocx.company.com i wanna send mail using sendmail from redhat to my exchange mail account how can it be possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oguzhantrg
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check postfix deferred mail and send notification script

Hi Guys, I have a postfix server which is deferring emails. Now I need to send notification to a specific email address if: The sender of the deferred email is: abc@example.com Contains specific subjects: a file (/opt/subjects) contains all the subjects in place Then need to send a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxrulz
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clean up UNIX mail box using script

Hi, I would like to clean up by unix mail mail box thru some script command.. I do know how to delete from mail box ... e.g. $ mail ? d* ? quit But I need to clean up thru some command which I can use in my script before sending any email.. Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help....script check status if see something then send email

autorep -m bogus Machine Name Max Load Current Load Factor O/S Status ___________ ________ ___________ ______ ________ ______ bogus --- --- 1.00 Sys Agent Online Status ______ Online Offline Missing Unqualified The "Status" always "Online". I like create a script execute run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotran
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write this script:- check output word and send a mail?

Hi Guys, I am not Good at scripting. I need to write a script such that if output of command shows the particular word in output then send mail to abc@compay.com -bash-3.2$ ps -ef | grep bpbkar root 6040 1 0 13:05:19 ? 0:00 bpbkar -r 2678400 -ru root -dt 47395 -to 0... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
20 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file if not found send mail if exit call second script

I need to check my script and change to working mode. currently it was not sending the mail and exit without calling the second script. I need to check the file is present ="/home/Rvtools/test.csv" if this file not found after the time retry send mail file not found If the file exit run the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
2 Replies
RCP(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    RCP(1)

NAME
rcp -- copy file to and from remote machines SYNOPSIS
rcp [-45FKpxz] [-P port] file1 file2 rcp [-45FKprxz] [-P port] file... directory DESCRIPTION
rcp copies files between machines. Each file argument is either a remote file name of the form ``rname@rhost:path'' or a local file (contain- ing no colon or with a slash before the first colon). Supported options: -4, -5, -K, -F, -x, -z These options are passed on to rsh(1). -P port This will pass the option -p port to rsh(1). -p Preserve file permissions. -r Copy source directories recursively. DIAGNOSTICS
rcp is implemented as a protocol on top of rsh(1), and thus requires a working rsh. If you intend to use Kerberos authentication, rsh needs to be Kerberos aware, else you may see more or less strange errors, such as "login incorrect", or "lost connection". HISTORY
The rcp utility first appeared in 4.2BSD. This version is derived from 4.3BSD-Reno. HEIMDAL
April 16, 2003 HEIMDAL