Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: USB serial help needed
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers USB serial help needed Post 302238891 by zaxxon on Monday 22nd of September 2008 09:41:35 AM
Old 09-22-2008
Maybe you find more info here:
Linux USB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux serial port connectivity help needed

Hai I am newbie to linux and I like know how can we connect linux with unix dump terminal. another thing is that whether I can get graphics in serial port connection using hyperterminal from windows. rgds sunil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sun
2 Replies

2. Linux

modem - usb to serial configuration

I have a serial modem connected to a usb port using an adapter cable. The system is a HP DL360. RedHat ES3.0 I am using the device /dev/ttyUSB0 When I issue the command "mgetty ttyUSB0" I get the following output in the log file. How do I get the system to see the modem. 12/02 14:17:55... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jshoovie
2 Replies

3. Programming

Accessing device with Prolific USB-serial controller.

I am trying to access DG-100 gps logger on Mac OS X with POSIX API. The device uses a Prolific usb-serial controller, and connect to the usb port on my mac. After I install the Prolific driver, it shows up as /dev/tty.usbserial and /dev/cu.usbserial. The vendor has published the data format. So... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkeybiz
1 Replies

4. SCO

Usb To Serial (sco6)

According to sco6 usb supplement, once you install it, you can install a bafo industries (BF-810) in the computer. I have done all that and followed the intructions completely and it shows up using usbprobe and l /dev/usb_ser* Problem is that when I go to mkdev serial, it is not there. Anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jn5519
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Usb to serial connection to Sun Enterprice 450

Hi all, I must connect my PC (Windows 2000) to Sun Enterprise 450 (4 X UltraSPARC-II 400Mhz) for Solaris 10 Installation. My PC doesn't have a serial port therefore I must use USB port. How can I connect USB port of my PC to the serial port (DB 25) of Sun 450? Will be there any problems with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Forcing OpenBoot: H/W Solution to no <BREAK> function on USB Serial

Please note: This solution does require some soldering ability. If, like me today, you really really need to get into OpenBoot on a non booting Solaris machine (in my case an Ultra 5) but your USB dongle won't send <BREAK> then here is a -really- simple hardware hack that works a treat: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HideawayStudio
0 Replies

7. Solaris

USB to Serial Adapter connection

Hi Community, I'm working on Sun Server V490 with my PC (with OS Vista). I'm using a USB to Serial Adapter to connect to Server directly. I've this problem, I'm connecting to Server with Putty client with this settings: boud rate 9600, 8 bit, 0 parity, 0 flow control, but after to have typed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
4 Replies

8. Hardware

How to install a driver of my USB-A to Serial Cable

Hi Gurus of Unix Recently I install a OpenSolaris in My HP 530 In this moment want to install a USB-A to Serial Cable. Any guru can send a Link where I can use how reference. I want to configure a Router and my PC don't have any serial Port. My LapTOP only has USB ports. In this case I buy a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11.2 does not assign serial port to 3g usb modem?

In ubuntu etopic i create this udev rules for prolink 3g usb modem: SUBSYSTEM=="block", SUBSYSTEM=="scsi", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1e0e", ATTRS{idProduct}=="f000", ACTION=="add", RUN+="/sbin/modprobe usbserial Vendor=0X1e0e Product=0Xf000" After plugging the usb modem, ubuntu assigns the ports... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamsat
4 Replies

10. Linux

Connect from USB to serial port of switch

I have someone wanting to connect to the serial management port of a switch from a PC running CentOS6. The management port on the switch is apparently baud 9600, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit & no parity They have plugged in a cable to connect and the output from lsusb is:-Bus 001 Device 001: ID... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
7 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)