Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using find on solaris
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using find on solaris Post 302238782 by davchris on Monday 22nd of September 2008 01:02:20 AM
Old 09-22-2008
Using find on solaris

Hello,
I have searched the forum but I can't find any compliant answer to my problem.
I have to list all directories on a filesystem on a solaris 5.9 up to 4th level, but it seems there's no -level or -maxdepth option.
I tried to xargs or -exec the result of the find command by testing the NF (number of fields variable) with "/" separator, but I didn't get a correct result.
Please can you help me ?
Thank tou

Dave

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command in Solaris

Hi folks, I am DBA who needs some help with find command. We have a directory with files dated from January 1, 2001. Several files are created each day. We probably have several hundred files. I want to delete all files OLDER than 90 days (I want to keep files that are 90 days before today &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srolen
3 Replies

2. Solaris

where i can find Solaris 9 installetion ?

Hello , our installation disk is corrupted where i can find Solaris 9 installation on the web? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i find if Solaris is 32 or 64 bit.

Hi, How do I find what version of solaris my Sparc system is running(32 bit or 64 bit). Can a 64 bit sparc run 32 bit solaris? Please let me know Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

4. Solaris

where can I find programs for solaris?

I'm running Sun OS 5.9 and I need to find a place that has a precompiled version of the make command (I have no way of compiling software) and I would like to find a decent software repository, binaries are preferred but well maintained and easy to assemble (isn't lacking half a dozen dependencies... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech53
7 Replies

5. Programming

how to find if C compiler in Solaris

Hi experts, How do I find if a C compiler is installed on Solaris ? > cc -o ksh: cc: not found > CC ksh: CC: not found > gcc ksh: gcc: not found I am using Solaris 5.8 Thanks, Sameer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ensameer
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"-maxdepth 1" argument for Solaris find. Other way to restrict find in only one directory?

Hi I wish to find only files in dir /srv/container/content/imz06/. It means exclude subfolder /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/ > uname -a SunOS testbox6 5.10 Generic_139555-08 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6320Its Solaris default "find" > find /srv/container/content/imz06/* -name... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Is it possible to find the seek rate of the find command in Solaris?

Hello, I am running some performance based tests on Solaris, and I was wondering how fast the "seeking" rate of Solaris is, or how fast Solaris can get information about files with the "find" command. Does anyone know what 'find' command I could run to traverse through my system to see the rate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bstring
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to find MQ details on Solaris 5.8?

Hi All, I want to find MQ details on a solaris 5.8 server , does anyone knows the command to findout the details I have used below command to find the following o/p command pkginfo | grep -i mq o/p application mqm WebSphere MQ for Sun Solaris application... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
4 Replies
sane-ibm(5)						   SANE Scanner Access Now Easy 					       sane-ibm(5)

NAME
sane-ibm - SANE backend for IBM and Ricoh SCSI flatbed scanners DESCRIPTION
The sane-ibm library implements a SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) backend that provides access to the IBM 2456 and the Ricoh IS-410, IS-420, and IS-430 flatbed scanners. Support for the IS-410 and IS-430 is untested. Please contact the maintainer or the sane-devel mailing list if you own such a scanner. This backend is alpha-quality. It may have bugs and some scanners haven't been tested at all. Be careful and pull the plug if the scanner causes unusual noise. DEVICE NAMES
This backend expects device names of the form: special Where special is either the path-name for the special device that corresponds to a SCSI scanner. The program sane-find-scanner helps to find out the correct device. Under Linux, such a device name could be /dev/sg0 or /dev/sga, for example. See sane-scsi(5) for details. CONFIGURATION
The contents of the ibm.conf file is a list of device names that correspond to SCSI scanners. Empty lines and lines starting with a hash mark (#) are ignored. See sane-scsi(5) on details of what constitutes a valid device name. FILES
/etc/sane.d/ibm.conf The backend configuration file (see also description of SANE_CONFIG_DIR below). /usr/lib64/sane/libsane-ibm.a The static library implementing this backend. /usr/lib64/sane/libsane-ibm.so The shared library implementing this backend (present on systems that support dynamic loading). ENVIRONMENT
SANE_CONFIG_DIR This environment variable specifies the list of directories that may contain the configuration file. Under UNIX, the directories are separated by a colon (`:'), under OS/2, they are separated by a semi-colon (`;'). If this variable is not set, the configura- tion file is searched in two default directories: first, the current working directory (".") and then in /etc/sane.d. If the value of the environment variable ends with the directory separator character, then the default directories are searched after the explic- itly specified directories. For example, setting SANE_CONFIG_DIR to "/tmp/config:" would result in directories "tmp/config", ".", and "/etc/sane.d" being searched (in this order). SANE_DEBUG_IBM If the library was compiled with debug support enabled, this environment variable controls the debug level for this backend. Higher debug levels increase the verbosity of the output. SEE ALSO
sane(7), sane-find-scanner(1), sane-scsi(5), AUTHOR
mf <massifr@tiscalinet.it> Maintained by Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> 13 Jul 2008 sane-ibm(5)