Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers merged 10 files with column extraction into one Post 302238642 by libenhelen on Sunday 21st of September 2008 10:56:45 AM
Old 09-21-2008
Thank you for your brilliant advice.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partial Column extraction/Process/Repasting changed Columns back to Source file

I have the following requirement. file1.txt (this could contain 5 million rows) ABC 1234 XYZ .... (3000 bytes) QRD 4612 GHT .... (3000 bytes) I need to create file2.txt 1234 4612 I have a EAI process to change file2.txt into file3.txt 4555 3743 Then I would have to use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jostul
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Column Extraction

Hello all, I have attached a txt doc with data sorted into columns (it is best to open with "word pad" to maintain the correct format. In the data there are two columns E/N and Ko. I wanted to know how to extract the data and form an excel sheet. Or at least just extract the data. The data is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gingburg
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files extraction - any help ?

Hi Friends, i am new to unix,i have a big doubt/help. I have files in folders SER1 and SER2 with naming convention as below file_2010-03-19.txt and so on the file naming format is file_<date>.txt. I would like to copy the files to directory "Landing" I have entries in a log file log.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print merged rows from two files by applying if condition

Hi all, I have list of two kind of files and I want to compare the rows and print the merged data by applying if condition. First kind of file looks like: and second kind of file looks like : I want to print the rows present in second file followed by 3 more columns from first... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAch
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help for data extraction if files

Hello all, I want to extract some particular data from a files and than add all the values . but i m not able to cut the particular word(USU-INOCT and USU-OUTOCT) as it is coming not in column. and than able to add values coming in it . can anyone help me Please cat <file name> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anamdev
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column extraction from multiple files to multiple files

I have roughly ~30 .txt files in a directory which all have unique names. These files all contain text arranged in columns separated by whitespace (example file: [#YY MM DD hh mm WDIR WSPD GST WVHT DPD APD MWD PRES ATMP WTMP DEWP VIS TIDE #yr mo dy hr mn degT m/s m/s m sec ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aozgaa
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Column Extraction for a particular match

Hi, PFB the input: unix/java/perl/random.txt unix1/java1/random1.txt unix2/java2/perl2/random2.txt unix3/java3/random3.txt unix4/random4.txt i want the following output: random.txt random1.txt random2.txt random3.txt random4.txt the patterns can change but i need the .txt file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindam guha
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX - 2 tab delimited files, conditional column extraction

Please know that I am very new to unix and trying to learn 'on the job'. I'm only manipulating large tab-delimited files (millions of rows), but I'm stuck and don't know how to proceed with the following. Hoping for some friendly advice :) I have 2 tab-delimited files - with differing column &... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: GTed
10 Replies
ALE(1)																	    ALE(1)

NAME
ale - a synthetic capture engine and renderer SYNOPSIS
ale [OPTIONS] original-frame [supplemental-frames ...] output-file ale [HELP OPTIONS] ale --version DESCRIPTION
ALE is a free software synthetic capture engine and renderer accepting, as input, a sequence of image frames, and producing, as output, rendered images, registration data, and 3D models (currently experimental). EXAMPLES
ale --hu Print the help page on program usage. ale 001.ppm 002.ppm 003.ppm out.ppm Render output file out.ppm from inputs 001.ppm, 002.ppm, and 003.ppm. ale --scale 2 001.ppm 002.ppm 003.ppm out.png Render output file out.png at 2x scale. ale --perturb-upper=0 --trans-load=a.t --projective frame*.png out.png Render output file out.png from inputs frame*.png, using projective transformations as described in the file a.t. ale --3dv 0 out.png --projective frame*.png null: Render output file out.png from inputs frame*.png, using a 3D scene model to determine transformations. ale --visp last:sinc*lanc:6 sf:0 out/ .jpg in/*.jpg null: Render a video stream from files in/*.jpg to the directory out/, stabilizing to the first frame, with a lanczos-windowed sinc filter. USAGE
ale is a wrapper script that calls the executable ale-bin after extracting exposure EXIF information from image files (when the exiftool utility is available) and converting from raw formats (when the dcraw utility is available). When ale-bin has been linked with ImageMagick, input and output files may be of any kind supported by ImageMagick. Otherwise, only PPM files can be read and written by ale-bin. OPTIONS
OPTIONS are summarized via built-in help pages (see HELP OPTIONS below). More detailed manuals describing options and internal algorithms are available for certain versions of ALE. See SEE ALSO below for more details on other manuals. HELP OPTIONS
A listing of available help options can be obtained by invoking ale --hu. ENVIRONMENT
The wrapper script ale recognizes the following environment variables: ALE_BIN ALE executable to use. DCRAW dcraw raw extraction tool to use. EXIF_UTILITY EXIF extraction utility to use. ALE_COUNT_THREADS Displays statistics on thread counts when set to a non-zero value. PAGER Text pager to use (e.g., for displaying help pages). SEE ALSO
More detailed manuals for certain versions of ALE are distributed with source packages, and may also be available from: http://auricle.dyndns.org/ALE/manuals/ 03/31/2009 ALE(1)