Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: urgent advice needed - gcc
Top Forums Programming urgent advice needed - gcc Post 302238616 by redoubtable on Sunday 21st of September 2008 05:42:50 AM
Old 09-21-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.k.aFireknight

I solved the prob using files.. but files = disk ... i want to retrieve from the RAM> if there is someway to do that ?
Then create a ramdisk, mount it somewhere and use the code you've created for solving the problem using files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

programming advice needed....

i'm a grad student taking a UNIX course and a networks course (i have a background in C++ and JAVA). i'm trying to combine the two classes. My questions stems from a networks programming homework assignment below: "Using the operating system and language of your choice, develop a program to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trostycp
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Using San storage - advice needed

Thinking of using our San for network backups.. Have a Netra 240 being installed and planning to get some space on our San. Do you know what software is used to access the San from my server or what I would need to do? I know how to connect to local storage, disk arrays etc but not sure what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Want Urgent career Advice

Dear All, I have finished my MS in chemical engineering from US university and presetly on OPT work permit. I do not have software background. I have received call from consultant company. They are offering me AIX UNIX training for four weeks and find me a job. My question is how difficuilt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saarth_desh
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want URGENT Advice:Career as UNIX Systme Administrator

Dear All, I have finished my MS in chemical engineering from US university and presetly on OPT work permit. I do not have software background. I have received call from consultant company. They are offering me AIX UNIX training for four weeks and find me a job. My question is how difficuilt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saarth_desh
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

'for' loop advice needed ....!!

/usr/sbin/ifconfig -a | grep "inet" | grep -v "inet6" | grep -v "127.0.0.1" | grep -v "0.0.0.0"|grep -v "192.168.100.2" | awk '{print $2}' I use above command to get IP addresses on AIX boxes.Values coming here are set to a variable "Host IPs.IP Addresses" in my fingerprinting engine. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advice needed on using Script with NOHUP

All, I would like to know my below requirement can be achieved in any way in Shell Scripting? I will make this requirement of mine as understandable as I can. Requirement: I wrote a script 'my.script' which gets user-input tablenames and puts the same into an array. Also I get other inputs... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

'for' loop advice needed....!!

Scenario: Command used to capture IPs on a host: /usr/sbin/ifconfig -a | grep "inet" | egrep -v "inet6|0.0.0.0|192.168.100.2" | awk '{print $2}' Following for loop used to capture interface names: for INTERFACE in `/usr/sbin/ifconfig -a | nawk '$1 ~ /:$/ && $1 {sub(":$", "", $1); print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
3 Replies

8. Linux

Scripting advice needed

Evening all, Im trying to get a script that will: Select the most 3 recent files in a specific directory Run a command on them (like chmod) Ask of you would like to continue Copy the files to another directory If a linux guru could help me out, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wiggins
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Expertise advice required <<URGENT>>

:eek:i hav a shell script in my linux server, i want to execute it everyday once automatically without using cron tabs as i dont hav permission to create one. So wht sld i do??:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jay Thakkar
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris Study Advice Needed

I just have a question regarding learning Solaris, I have a Linux and AIX background and I would like to learn Solaris, I have been giving some Solaris 10 Study Guides and just wondered how relevant they would be to Solaris 11 or should I try and get some study materials which are targeted towards... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markmorris182mx
1 Replies
SYNC_CLIENT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    SYNC_CLIENT(8)

NAME
sync_client - client side of the synchronization (replication) engine SYNOPSIS
sync_client [ -v ] [ -l ] [ -z ] [ -C config-file ] [ -S servername ] [ -f input-file ] [ -F shutdown_file ] [ -w wait_interval ] [ -t timeout ] [ -d delay ] [ -r ] [ -u ] [ -m ] [ -s ] objects... DESCRIPTION
Sync_client is the client side of the replication system. It runs on the client (master) system and connects to the target (replica) sys- tem and generates an appropriate sequence of transactions to synchronize the replica system with the master system. OPTIONS
-v Verbose mode. -l Verbose logging mode. -o Only attempt to connect to the backend server once rather than waiting up to 1000 seconds before giving up. -z Enable compress. If you set 'sync_compress' in the imapd.conf or pass -z to sync_client, the replication protocol will attempt to enable deflate compression on the connection. -C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -S servername Tells sync_client which server to communicate with. Overrides the sync_host configuration option. -f input-file In mailbox or user replication mode: provides list of users or mailboxes to replicate. In rolling replication mode, specifies an alternate log file (sync_client will exit after processing the log file). -F shutdown-file Rolling replication checks for this file at the end of each replication cycle and shuts down if it is present. Used to request nice clean shutdown at first convenient point. The file in question is removed on shutdown. Overrides sync_shutdown_file option in imapd.conf -w interval Wait this long before starting. Typically used so that we can attach a debugger to one end of the replication system or the other. -t timeout Timeout for single replication run in rolling replication. sync_client will negotiate a restart after this many seconds. Default: 600 seconds -d delay Minimum delay between replication runs in rolling replication mode. Larger values provide better efficiency as transactions can be merged. Smaller values mean that the replica system is more up to date and that you don't end up with large blocks of replication transactions as a single group. Default: 3 seconds. -r Rolling (repeat) replication mode. Pick up a list of actions recorded by the lmtpd(8), imapd(8), popd(8) and nntpd(8) daemons from the file specified in sync_log_file. Repeat until sync_shutdwon_file appears. -n Use the named channel for rolling replication mode. If multiple channels are specified in sync_log_channels then use one of them. This option is probably best combined with -S to connect to a different server with each channel. -u User mode. Remaining arguments are list of users who should be replicated. -m Mailbox mode. Remaining arguments are list of mailboxes which should be replicated. -s Sieve mode. Remaining arguments are list of users whose Sieve files should be replicated. Principally used for debugging purposes: not exposed to sync_client(8). FILES
/etc/imapd.conf SEE ALSO
sync_server(8) AUTHORS
David Carter (dpc22@cam.ac.uk), Ken Murchison (ken@oceana.com) CMU
Project Cyrus SYNC_CLIENT(8)