Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending an interrupt in a script? Post 302238611 by unSpawn on Sunday 21st of September 2008 03:50:10 AM
Old 09-21-2008
Maybe something like:
_kill() { sleep 10m; pkill -9 -f 'tail -f /path/to/n2bb.log'; }; _tail() { _kill & \
tail -f /path/to/n2bb.log|grep 0x12|nl; _tail; }; _tail
May look odd but still is a oneliner.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trapping Interrupt From 'ulimit'

I want to know the interrupt passed to a process through 'ulimit' I am running a process which gets killed when the 'ulimit -t' reaches. But after killing the process I want to start another process which would send a message or do some clean up or anything at all. To do the same I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrnuttynuts
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

erase and interrupt keys

This is on our Ultra 5/10 Sparc with Solaris 9. I need to store the following (stty) keys in the .profile and /etc/profile files as shown here. erase "Back Space Key" Interrupt "Ctrl + C" I need the exact syntax/procudure as I have to set these two keys whenever I login to the terminal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interrupt level 14 woes

Hi there, My first post here. Currently, i have been experiencing this error quite frequently on a ultra5 com. Things i have done is changing a new hdd and mem modules but i still encounter this error. Some messages from the var/adm WARNING: uncorrectable error from pci0 (upa mid 0) during... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kerwen
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

timer interrupt

hello all since a process running in kernel mode cannnot be preempted by any other process what would be the status of Timer interrupt that occurs when the time quantum of a process is elapsed? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: compbug
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me in sending parameters from sqlplus script to unix shell script

Can anybody help me out in sending parameters from sql*plus script to unix shell script without using flat files.. Initially in a shell script i will call sql*plus and after getting some value from some tables, i want that variable value in unix shell script. How can i do this? Please tell me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

hunting down for software interrupt causes

Hi, i have an rhel box with around 20 %soft every 2 seconds. The box is idle. How do i start hunting down what's causing this? i believe /proc/interrupts is hardware related, procinfo is basically the same. where else can i look? thanks, Marc (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate cntl+c interrupt through script?

Hi all, can anyone tell me how to generate control+c interrupt through shell script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitmahambre
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interrupt storm detected on "irq 20" throttling interrupt source

I receive the following warning messages on a very new machine which has FreeBSD 8.1 x64 installed on it: Interrupt storm detected on "irq 20" throttling interrupt source It is unclear what this means and what its origins are (motherboard? CPU? RAM?). I can start the desktop and the message is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is there any shell command to show which interrupt handler handle which interrupt number?

Hi, all: Is there any shell command to show which interrupt handler handle which interrupt number in the system? li,kunlun (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
5 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Alarm interrupt and multithreading

Hi Friends any know how became a friend in this Android Programming Language (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ljarun
0 Replies
TAIL(1) 								FSF								   TAIL(1)

NAME
tail - output the last part of files SYNOPSIS
tail [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Print the last 10 lines of each FILE to standard output. With more than one FILE, precede each with a header giving the file name. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. --retry keep trying to open a file even if it is inaccessible when tail starts or if it becomes inaccessible later -- useful only with -f -c, --bytes=N output the last N bytes -f, --follow[={name|descriptor}] output appended data as the file grows; -f, --follow, and --follow=descriptor are equivalent -F same as --follow=name --retry -n, --lines=N output the last N lines, instead of the last 10 --max-unchanged-stats=N with --follow=name, reopen a FILE which has not changed size after N (default 5) iterations to see if it has been unlinked or renamed (this is the usual case of rotated log files) --pid=PID with -f, terminate after process ID, PID dies -q, --quiet, --silent never output headers giving file names -s, --sleep-interval=S with -f, sleep for approximately S seconds (default 1.0) between iterations. -v, --verbose always output headers giving file names --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit If the first character of N (the number of bytes or lines) is a `+', print beginning with the Nth item from the start of each file, other- wise, print the last N items in the file. N may have a multiplier suffix: b for 512, k for 1024, m for 1048576 (1 Meg). With --follow (-f), tail defaults to following the file descriptor, which means that even if a tail'ed file is renamed, tail will continue to track its end. This default behavior is not desirable when you really want to track the actual name of the file, not the file descrip- tor (e.g., log rotation). Use --follow=name in that case. That causes tail to track the named file by reopening it periodically to see if it has been removed and recreated by some other program. AUTHOR
Written by Paul Rubin, David MacKenzie, Ian Lance Taylor, and Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for tail is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and tail programs are properly installed at your site, the command info tail should give you access to the complete manual. tail (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 TAIL(1)