Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to access WINDOWS drives from RED HAT 9??? Post 302238605 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 21st of September 2008 03:21:31 AM
Old 09-21-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
if you read the first post more closely, you will see that samba won't work Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I connect windows xp to Linux Red hat unix

I just bought a new pc and my unix software is installed on my old computer. I want to take the hard disk outta my old pc and then install it on my new pc so my new pc has 2 hard drives. now, after my pc new has 2 hard drives, one being unix the other being windows xp, i want to be able to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mirroring drives on Red Hat

Red Hat Enterprise 3 How do you mirror the drives after you have already installed the OS? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need to install red hat linux on existing windows vista OS as dual boot

HI ALL, I need to install linux on already existing windows vista OS. I tried to install linux,am getting error while creating patitions, i)selected manula patition with grude option.. after that when i m selecting free space to create mount points, its giving error "could not allocate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack00423
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Windows,Solaris, Red Hat triple boot issues

I have a pentium IV with 512 MB ram and 80 GB HDD. I first installed windows XP on the first primary partition, then Solaris on the second with 20 GB for the solaris partition, and when rebooted , the grub menu functioned as expected giving me the options to dual boot, so next I wanted to install... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
3 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

File transfer from Red Hat Linux to Windows 7

My assignment is to use C++ to generate a table of values for the U.S. standard atmosphere, when data at sea level are given, which i have done perfectly. Now, i am attempting to create a matlab script to read and plot the data. I forgot to put my table of data on my thumb drive yesterday, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ds7202
4 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

pass an xpdf display from red hat server to windows ssh workstation

I have a UniVerse database running on a Red Hat EL3 server. If I am on the server console my software can call xpdf giving the name of a target file and it displays very nicely on the console. I have not been able to figure out how to get the display to happen on any of the Windows XP workstations.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dale kelley
5 Replies

7. Linux

Remote Access of Red Hat Linux

Dear Friends, I have Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 Server installed in HP Blade server which is dont have monitor. I want access my Linux server on my windows XP Pro with full graphic through the network. Please help me how to do it. I have root password. Thanks. :b: (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pramodpatil
10 Replies

8. Red Hat

Is there a way to use windows RDP with red hat 6

Besides installing VNC on the red hat server which i know i can do, is there any RDP servers (using the windows rdp client) to remote control a red hat 6.2 server? Thanks in advance for this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unix services for windows & Linux\Red Hat

I am not too familiar with linux, so please keep that in mind while reading this post. We have a few linux servers joined to the domain, and linux services for windows running. I have a user that can connect to one linux server, but not another. I ran the cat /etc/passwrd and noticed the user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcatcha
0 Replies
NTDBBACKUP(8)						    System Administration tools 					     NTDBBACKUP(8)

NAME
ntdbbackup - tool for backing up and for validating the integrity of samba .ntdb files SYNOPSIS
ntdbbackup [-s suffix] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(1) suite. ntdbbackup is a tool that may be used to backup samba .ntdb files. This tool may also be used to verify the integrity of the .ntdb files prior to samba startup or during normal operation. If it finds file damage and it finds a prior backup the backup file will be restored. OPTIONS
-h Get help information. -s suffix The -s option allows the administrator to specify a file backup extension. This way it is possible to keep a history of ntdb backup files by using a new suffix for each backup. -v The -v will check the database for damages (corrupt data) which if detected causes the backup to be restored. COMMANDS
GENERAL INFORMATION The ntdbbackup utility can safely be run at any time. It was designed so that it can be used at any time to validate the integrity of ntdb files, even during Samba operation. Typical usage for the command will be: ntdbbackup [-s suffix] *.ntdb Before restarting samba the following command may be run to validate .ntdb files: ntdbbackup -v [-s suffix] *.ntdb Note that Samba 4 can use .tdb files instead, so you should use tdbbackup on those files. Samba .tdb and .ntdb files are stored in various locations, be sure to run backup all .(n)tdb files on the system. Important files includes: o secrets.(n)tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o passdb.(n)tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o *.tdb and *.ntdb located in the /usr/local/samba/var directory or on some systems in the /var/cache or /var/lib/samba directories. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
tdbbackup(8), ntdbrestore(8) AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The ntdbbackup man page was written by Rusty Russell, based on the tdbbackup man page by John H Terpstra. Samba 4.1 06/17/2014 NTDBBACKUP(8)