Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Filesystem filling up and no clue as to why! Post 302238317 by zombiezparadize on Friday 19th of September 2008 03:02:47 PM
Old 09-19-2008
Filesystem filling up and no clue as to why!

df shows that the filesystem is filling up and the usage is 94%.
However when I actually traverse to the directory I du shows only about
10% of the space occupied!

Below is the output of df and du:
>>>df -kh
/cbmdata/00 470M 393M 29M 94% /cbmdata/00

>>>/cbmdata/00> du -sh *
57K billing
1K config
48M coreEMS
1.7M data
115K gdd
8K lost+found
4K sba

I am wondering how the hell is filesystem is so full!
Any pointers of what to look for and how would be a great help!

Thanks a lot.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

I have no clue what's the point - fcntl() ?

hi, I need to know how to lock a file. I used the following code, but after executing the program the file 'write.txt' remined empty, and I have no idea why.Maybe I'm not using the corresponding syntax for blocking a file. But I deleted then the blocking part and the problem persisted. see to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atticus
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

diff command filling /var filesystem space

Hi, I am using diff command to check difference between two files.Both files are very big and when i execute this command /var temp space is filled up almost 99%. Can any one please tell me is there any way i can specify directory name which has more space so that diff can use that dir for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root filesystem filling up!

Hi all. New to the forum and new to Unix admin... / filesystem filled up and I can't find where the large files are. Any help will be apppreciated: # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 8063580 7941745 41200 100% / /proc ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a clue to write a IF statement

Hi all, i am writing a shell script in which i got stuck when tried to use a if statement. This is my code : #!/bin/sh today=`date +"%a %b %e"` find /prod/logs -name '*.log' -mtime 0 -exec cp {} /home/hzjnr0/test \; find /home/hzjnr0/test -type f -exec grep -i "successfully" {} \; >... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soma Das
6 Replies
gfs2_convert(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   gfs2_convert(8)

NAME
gfs2_convert - Convert a GFS1 filesystem to GFS2 SYNOPSIS
gfs2_convert [OPTION]... DEVICE DESCRIPTION
gfs2_convert is used to convert a filesystem from GFS1 to GFS2. Do not attempt to convert a GFS1 filesystem which is not clean - the process of conversion will reinitialise the journals. We highly recommend that fsck.gfs is run successfully before attempting to convert a filesystem. Many of the on-disk structures are identical between GFS1 and GFS2, so the conversion process updates the journals, a few items of incompatible metadata (mostly indirect pointers and inodes) and adds the per-node directories required by the gfs2meta filesystem. The conversion process is performed in-place and does not require any extra disk space so that it is possible to successfully convert a GFS1 filesystem that is completely full. Always ensure you have a complete backup of the data on any filesystem before starting the conversion process. OPTIONS
-h Help. This prints out the proper command line usage syntax. -q Quiet. Print less information while running. -n No to all questions. -V Print program Version information only. Print out the current version name. -v Verbose operation. Print more information while running. -y Yes to all questions. By specifying this option, gfs2_convert will not prompt before making changes. EXAMPLE
gfs2_convert /dev/vg0/lvol0 This will convert the Global File System on the block device "/dev/vg0/lvol0" to gfs2 format. gfs2_convert(8)