Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Tru64 How to identify what causes the server to go down? Post 302238002 by rahzzbietel on Thursday 18th of September 2008 10:13:54 PM
Old 09-18-2008
Hi fpmurphy,

Thanks, here's the output though...

# rpcinfo -u kaix53net status
program 100024 version 1 ready and waiting

Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to identify who rebooted the linux server

Hi All, Since server is located at remote place so how to identify which user rebooted the server. Is there any way to identify the user. Thanks in advance, Reg, Bache Gowda (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

User unlock problem in Tru64 4.0F Server

Hi Friends We have two node trucluster Tru64 4.0F Alpha Servers,In one of Tru64 4.0F Unix Server I am unable to unlock users, when I issue usermod command I will get following error /usr/sbin/usermod -x administrative_lock_applied=0 username account manager has exited unexpectedly - please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madanmb
0 Replies

3. AIX

How to identify which HDD is allocated to VIO server

Hello All, I am new to AIX VIO LPAR server. We have VIO 1.5 server installed with few logical valumes and 3-4 Virtual machines running. I wanted to restructer the space allocation to logical values. but don't know which harddisk, hold VIO server installation. Can someone please help to me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishorbhede
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

identify a customer under a UNIX server

Like many UNIX users, there is a small team that is connected to UNIX (under the same UNIX user) via putty from a Windows PC. Is there a way, once under UNIX, to know the address of the originating computer or anything that can differentiate initial users ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: popescu1954
7 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify server.database connection

Good afternoon i need your help, i am new at unix, in a ETL scenario like datastage is , there are a bunch of procesess (script shells) conecting to hetereogenius database source servers in order to extract information. Ive got 2 questions 1. Using unix how can i identify exactly the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

6. Solaris

identify server type from ufsdump

Hi guys I have a little problem. I need to identify the server type from some ufsdumps. How can i do that? I grepped with: grep Sun messages* but with this command, if there server was never rebooted, i cannot recognize the server type. any other idea? thx in advance Ivan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to identify the blade from VIO server?

Hello, I would like to identify the blade or/and bladecenter from the hosted VIO server. I prefer the "command line" solution. May be kdb. Like, I want to ask the child about his father. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: x41
1 Replies
face(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           face(1)

NAME
face - executable for the Framed Access Command Environment Interface SYNOPSIS
face [-i init_file] [-c command_file] [-a alias_file] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
The Framed Access Command Environment Interface (FACE) presents your files and file folders on the screen through a system of menus and forms if you are properly set up as a FACE user. filename must follow the naming convention Menu.xxx for a menu, Form.xxx for a form, and Text.xxx for a text file, where xxx is any string that conforms to the UNIX system file naming conventions. The Form and Menu Language Interpreter (FMLI) descriptor lifetime will be ignored for all frames opened by argument to face. These frames have a lifetime of immortal by default. If filename is not specified on the command line, the FACE Menu will be opened along with those objects specified by the LOGINWIN environment variables. These variables are found in the user's .environ file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a alias_file Alias file -c command_file Command file -i init_file Initial file OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: filename The full pathname of the file describing the object to be opened initially. EXIT STATUS
The face command will return a non-zero exit value if the user is not properly set up as a FACE user. FILES
$HOME/pref/.environ ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfac | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
env(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 face(1)