Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Need solution for Bat FIle using FOR Cycle Post 302237994 by Smiling Dragon on Thursday 18th of September 2008 09:50:56 PM
Old 09-18-2008
Java

This guy:
How to write a DOS batch file to loop through files Jim 2.0’s Blog
Has written a pretty good guide to doing this.

I found I got the most useful search output using:
Code:
dir c:\<filename> /B /P /S

(You can specify wildcards in <filename>)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to create .bat file to store log file

Hi guys. Can someone point me to a resource that explains this? Basically these are websphere logs that need to be stored daily, I'm on sunOS 5.8. Each new file stored could have the current time as its filename. The script could be run on a cron which I can set up. I'm just not sure how to write... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirtybrown
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk,gawk in bat file

Hi. I'm trying to convert bat file into shell script. Bat file invokes awk file in one section: c:\upg\exe\gawk -f c:\upg\awk\gen_sae.awk -v OP=C:\\upg\\lod\\... ...c:\upg\ref\saaxi.ref c:\upg\log\SAAEPWO.log c:\upg\ref\saaepref.log First of all I issued unix2dos command on that awk file.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrej
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

one question for .bat file

Hi! I'm very sorry for such simple and silly question but I cannot answer it by myself. Can you please help me? In .bat file I should run the C program which is in other directory, and the input configuration file is in this directory too. This dir name is in dirRun variable. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anta
3 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Calling a .bat file using Korn script

Hi all, I am a very new user for korn scripting and in a process of learning. i have a .bat file that calls a .vbs file which calls a macro used to convert an excel spread sheet to .csv file... Now i want to automate this process. I want to call this bat file using a korn script or a korn... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya2340
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call a .bat file using KSH

Hi all, I am a very new user for korn scripting and in a process of learning. i have a .bat file that calls a .vbs file which calls a macro used to convert an excel spread sheet to .csv file... Now i want to automate this process. I want to call this bat file using a korn script or a korn... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya2340
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple bat file

Hi guys, I need a *.bat to run a ksh file in the shell on Windows NT...nothing more :) How do I do it? I tried with the following but it failed: set INFORMIXDIR=D:\user-applications\informix set PATH=%INFORMIXDIR%;%PATH% D:\user-applications\MKS\mksnt\sh.exe C:\hk_9.2\C3_weekly_auto.ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dird
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run cygwin in .bat file

Hello everyone, I've written quite a few AWK scripts to run in cygwin and now, I would like to run them one after the other in a .bat file. The problem is, I tried modifying the .bat file used to run cygwin in the first place, but whenever I change something, it doesn't work. The PATH is set up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Teroc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable getting results from a log file; compare it in an IF cycle

Hi All I am going crazy trying to resolve this easy task.... I have a log file that is created by xcode; and it contains the results of a build (either success or fail); what i am trying to achieve here is to get the result from the log, and check if is a pass or fail in an IF statement, so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbiez
3 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Executing .bat file

Hi , I have a bat file on windows machine ,I need to excute it from my local unix machine using sambe utility.Is there any comman to execute the .bat file remotely. Using samba utility i can post files to and fro from windows to unix but i don't comman to exute the .bat file. can any one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with bat file!!!

I need to put/get files from Windows machine to Unix machine and vice-versa. I wrote a text file "ftp1.txt" as below. naga naga06 cd /root/Naga prom off get time.unl bye I wrote another bat file "ftp.bat" as below. ftp -n -s:C:\Users\Naga\Desktop\ftp1.txt IP_ADDRESS but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
2 Replies
XScreenSaver(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   XScreenSaver(1)

NAME
xteevee - Simulate various TV problems SYNOPSIS
xteevee [-display host:display.screen] [-window] [-root] [-install] [-visual visual] [-cycle] [-no-cycle] [-static] [-no-static] [-roll] [-no-roll] [-bars] [-no-bars] DESCRIPTION
xteevee simulates various television problems, fondly re-creating the days when computers were fun and I spent my time with an Atari 400 hooked up to a black-and-white TV I found in someone's trash. When run, xteevee picks a mode to display from the available options. If modes are explicitly set on the command-line, they over-ride the implicit options and will be choosen among exclusively. If modes are explicitly excluded from the command-line, the they are simply removed from contention. The image that it manipulates will be grabbed from the portion of the screen underlying the window, or from the system's video input, or from a random file on disk, as indicated by the grabDesktopImages, grabVideoFrames, and chooseRandomImages options in the ~/.xscreensaver file; see xscreensaver-demo(1) for more details. OPTIONS
xteevee accepts the following options: -window Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default. -root Draw on the root window. -install Install a private colormap for the window. -visual visual Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual. -cycle Cycle through all the available modes. This is the default. -no-cycle Don't cycle modes. -static Explicitly select the "static" mode. -no-static Explicitly forbid the "static" mode. -roll Explicitly select the "vertical roll" mode. -no-roll Explicitly forbid the "vertical roll" mode. -bars Explicitly select the "color bars" mode. -no-bars Explicitly forbid the "color bars" mode. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. X RESOURCES
Notable X resources supported include the following: static, roll and bars are booleans, defining which modes are to be implicitly available if xteevee is run without command-line mode selec- tions. cycle is a boolean, defining if xteevee should cycle through each available mode or pick one and stick with it. delayMode and delayBetween are integers, defining how long each mode should be displayed and how long the time between them should be if cycle is on. staticSignal is an integer, defining the strength of the signal during the "static" mode, as a percentage. BUGS
xteevee should simulate more TV problems. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1), xscreensaver-demo(1), xscreensaver-getimage(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999 by Greg Knauss. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any pur- pose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any pur- pose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. If you've gotten this far, then you're obviously looking for something to do. Go here: http://www.teevee.org. AUTHOR
Greg Knauss <greg@eod.com>, 19-Nov-1999. X Version 11 19-Nov-99 XScreenSaver(1)